GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I traded my GS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-19, 03:16 PM
promethus7
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I traded my GS350

Don't judge me, I traded my 15 GS350 for a 19 Kia K900. The days of the absurd Kia Amanti are long gone. You owe it to yourself to go take a test drive. If you can get past the badge and the dealership experience (which is lacking to say the least) You will be unbelievably surprised. They have finally managed to copy/borrow/steal just the right amount from merc/bmw/audi all at one.
Old 03-17-19, 06:06 PM
gs350lex
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by promethus7
Don't judge me, I traded my 15 GS350 for a 19 Kia K900. The days of the absurd Kia Amanti are long gone. You owe it to yourself to go take a test drive. If you can get past the badge and the dealership experience (which is lacking to say the least) You will be unbelievably surprised. They have finally managed to copy/borrow/steal just the right amount from merc/bmw/audi all at one.
I've never been a believer that the badge on a car really mattered (to me if you think you are "better than someone because you drive a Lexus/Merc/Audi/Bmw" then there is something wrong with that person). If it's the car i want then its something i'll buy whether its a kia/hyundai etc.. regardless of what other people think of it. A beautiful example of a car that doesn't have a "prestigious badge" but drives like a champ is the KIA stinger.

Anyways how are you liking the car so far? Congrats on your new car and I hope it's everything you were looking for
Old 03-17-19, 06:08 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

I have considered ‘test’ driving a genesis (would never give up my GS for one). Kia is still a big stretch to me. What makes it stand out?

Also agree with gs350lex, drive what YOU love.
Old 03-17-19, 06:55 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Congrats! I almost bought a Stinger. That 3.3TT in the K900 and Stinger is a beast! Enjoy!
Old 03-17-19, 07:39 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Thats quite a change...I imagine that the K900 doesn't handle or perform like the GS..its more in the category of a large lux sedan like an an LS500 or CT6...

Congrats and enjoy i'm sure its buttery smooth and a "helluva" value!
Old 03-18-19, 10:21 AM
promethus7
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been looking around for a while. I finally just succumbed to the fact that a 5Gen GS is "probably" not coming and if it does it will have the same infotainment system. I tried a Genesis G80 and G90 but the interior design language just wasn't it for me. The Kia drives wonderfully just like you think big cars should. There is no doubt that it is bigger than a GS but it hides its weight well. It is not "90's Eldorado floaty" but does maintain enough "sportiness" if you need to pass someone or get to the end of the off ramp before on coming traffic (I have no illusions of tracking anything). The stinger is a nice looker but It thought it was "young mans" car a tab bit more than I wanted to deal with in the snow. Overall, everything seems screwed together tight and the value proposition couldn't be beat. Probably could have haggled a few more dollars on the price but the dealer was very generous on my trade and absorbed he cost of picking it from a different state. I can get past the badge but I will miss the "luxury dealer experience". It has been a long time since I've had to close an auto deal at one of those round cafeteria tables with free hot dogs out front...
Old 03-18-19, 12:39 PM
lalewla
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new car! I would never judge you. I'm sure you made the decision to switch after much consideration. When it's all said and done, we all have to do what fits best for our personal circumstances. So if a Lexus doesn't suit your current circumstances, I'm happy you were able to find a car that does. Besides, if you ever decide you want to once again drive a Lexus, I'm sure there will be one available to your liking.

I'd loooooove to own a BMW, but i don't think i ever would own one because overall they don't align with my personal car ownership priorities. Fortunately hubs and i are on the same page. But hey, that's just us.

Good Luck!
Old 03-18-19, 03:01 PM
KAH
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations on the Kia K900!

Curious, isn’t the K900 more of a LS sized sedan?

That said, Kia and Hyundai make excellent sedans. Kia Stinger GT 3.3T and Genesis G70 3.3T (same engines?) based on reviews are excellent performance sedans—regardless of price.

Last edited by KAH; 03-18-19 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-18-19, 03:47 PM
bob256k
Instructor

Received 266 Likes on 204 Posts
Talking

You should tell lexus they are losing customers to kia since they wont build a updated GS. Congrats on the purchase!! Iknow its a little much but I would love to hear what you think between you KIA and the 4GS. I think you being a long time lexus owner, it would be a great perspective.
Old 03-18-19, 03:50 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Nice upgrade! I'd love to see photos! Congrats The interior on the new K900 is absolutely gorgeous.
Old 03-18-19, 03:59 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

G80 sport will be my next car.
Old 03-18-19, 09:31 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

very cool, where are the pictures?
Old 03-18-19, 11:11 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

You went big huh?

damn I love those k900s..

when I call the black car service in Korea, I pray it's a new k900.. feel like a king, sitting in the back.. only problem is it's $5/mile
smooth ride without giving me car sickness.
I think k9/900 are equus/g90 equivalents..
Old 03-19-19, 03:17 AM
AsianxWu
Driver

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I used to be huge fans of Kias and Hyundais (but never owned one) because they seem like just a great bargain on paper.

That was until my GF bought a 2017 Hyundai Tucson per my recommendation. It was the top trim model as well.

After a while of owning it, I noticed that the felt cover over the oil pan always had oil soaked in it. I didn't think I was THAT messy with oil changes, so I cleaned it up and kept an eye on it and I still kept seeing it without touching anything around that area. I double checked the drain plug and oil filter, but everything was tight. Finally took it to the dealership to find out that NONE of the bolts on the oil pan were torqued to spec. Also asked them why the spoiler was flopping around. Thought maybe there was a loose bolt. Found out it was missing the bolt entirely It was only held on by adhesives.

This experience in their poor QC really left a bad taste in my mouth and I have since stopped recommending Hyundais and Kias.

May have just been a lemon, but it only takes one bad experience...

But I have been in a K900 and it was very nice! Congrats on your purchase!
Old 03-19-19, 05:00 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,057 Likes on 692 Posts

When I first read your post I thought WHAT!!! I went out and looked at the Kia K900 which I had never heard of before your post. Seems like it is between the GS and LS. Built out is $65,000. Maybe with a discount around $60,000?? Exterior is nice but really love the interior especially the color combo displayed. If not the main reason certainly top three with why Lexus for me is the J D Power ranking of #1 for eight years in a row for dependability. We are on are 6th Lexus and had zero problems with any. Congrats and enjoy! Alex likes it and says quieter than a LS

Last edited by Freds430; 03-19-19 at 05:12 AM.

Quick Reply: I traded my GS350