Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 09:26 AM
dTxworld
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

rears may look a tad lower than front - raising it 10mm may be the safest route, not to mention the coils may settle and lower a tad bit more after a few weeks? have u tried measuring it all around? with the rear SPC camber kit, wouldnt that have taken care of the camber more?

overall looks good though!
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 09:26 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by dTxworld
rears may look a tad lower than front - raising it 10mm may be the safest route, not to mention the coils may settle and lower a tad bit more after a few weeks? have u tried measuring it all around? with the rear SPC camber kit, wouldnt that have taken care of the camber more?

Ready to grab the setup?

-Jsosh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-21-19, 09:32 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by dTxworld

My installer said going more negative camber doesn't help much with the rubbing. It's because of the 6 ribs design of the Michellin AS3+ tires..they are wide in the rears.
I can either going less wide 255/265 or try another tire with less "squarish" design. Plus my rear driver bumper liner is not straight. I may need to take it to body shop to pull it out a bit, that may fix the rubbing.
I love the stance so far, don't want to raise it up anymore. Will drive around for another month or so to see how they settle in before I make any changes.
dTxworld (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 10:16 AM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

I think it looks good. The tire gap is one finger, right? I personally would go lower and tuck the wheels in, but you have kids so that's probably not a good idea. I do think that 275 is too wide, 265 might have been perfect.
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 10:46 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Originally Posted by dphu626
I think it looks good. The tire gap is one finger, right? I personally would go lower and tuck the wheels in, but you have kids so that's probably not a good idea. I do think that 275 is too wide, 265 might have been perfect.
Yeah, front is about 1 finger, rears 1/2 finger. I think rears can go up another 5-10mm. Wife and kids usually are with me, so I don't want to slam it, not crazy about tuck wheel look either.
Pretty sure if I pull rear driver bumper liner out a bit, my rubbing would go away. Passenger rear doesn't rub at all.
Old 02-21-19, 11:02 AM
dTxworld
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Ready to grab the setup?

-Jsosh
not quite yet, but trust me you're on my list to check with when I decide to pull the trigger!
Meraki Autoworks (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 11:55 AM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

These days tire selection has a lot to do with wheel fitment and clearance.

I would definitely down size the tire width. Start by looking at factory widths, then upsize until you get to a size the tire manufacture recommends for your width.
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 01:45 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Damn I am jealous of you Californians and your perfect roads. Beautiful car though, looking fresh!
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 01:47 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Originally Posted by eddie420
Damn I am jealous of you Californians and your perfect roads. Beautiful car though, looking fresh!
Not really perfect roads Eddie. The rain have created some giant potholes I've been dodging them all day. Probably leave the GS in the garage for a few days until the city get around to patching those holes.
Old 02-21-19, 01:50 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Not really perfect roads Eddie. The rain have created some giant potholes I've been dodging them all day. Probably leave the GS in the garage for a few days until the city get around to patching those holes.
NY/NJ pot holes are horrible. The AWD stance actually helps the suspension from taking too much of a beating and scraping my wheels/bumper. One of the reasons I didn't lower it because it gets worse during winter lol.
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 01:58 PM
dphu626
Pole Position

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts

until the city get around to patching those holes.
only to get washed away in the next rain

Originally Posted by eddie420
NY/NJ pot holes are horrible. The AWD stance actually helps the suspension from taking too much of a beating and scraping my wheels/bumper. One of the reasons I didn't lower it because it gets worse during winter lol.
I'm not going to compare road conditions since I've never been to NY/NJ. Maybe our roads are equally as terrible. I will say though we have much better driving conditions for our GS year round.
jdpdata (02-21-19)
Old 02-21-19, 02:57 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Just removed RSR box from my trunk where the installer put all my old suspension parts. Damn that box is at least 150lbs - wonder if that was causing my rubbing. I know the RSR coilovers don't weight more than 67lbs max cuz UPS had that the shipping label. SPC camber arms were forged, very light vs stock. Kind of got me thinking how much weight I shaved off the GS. Weds Mavericks 709M were about 30-31lbs each, I weighted them before putting tires on. Anyone knows the weight of OEM 19" F Sport wheels? And then I also got JoeZ catback, that got to result in significant weight savings too. Kinda want to dyno this thing now LOL
Old 02-21-19, 04:10 PM
uibalnme
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

They are 9k front/8.3 k rear. Wish I could do custom spring rates. We'll see how they handle.

https://www.rs-r.com/product/lexus-gs350-rwd-f-sport-besti-active-coilovers-2013/
Would you happen to know what the factory spring rates are?
Old 02-21-19, 05:29 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Just removed RSR box from my trunk where the installer put all my old suspension parts. Damn that box is at least 150lbs - wonder if that was causing my rubbing. I know the RSR coilovers don't weight more than 67lbs max cuz UPS had that the shipping label. SPC camber arms were forged, very light vs stock. Kind of got me thinking how much weight I shaved off the GS. Weds Mavericks 709M were about 30-31lbs each, I weighted them before putting tires on. Anyone knows the weight of OEM 19" F Sport wheels? And then I also got JoeZ catback, that got to result in significant weight savings too. Kinda want to dyno this thing now LOL
I wouldn't use the height of the vehicle to measure clearance. You should be able to get full range of movement from the suspension system. From what I have seen, too wide of spacers/wheels/tires are the issue.

Quick Reply: RSR Best*i Active Coilovers