Notices
GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) Discussion about the 2013 GS models

Goodbye 2015 GS, hello...

 
Old 02-01-19, 07:18 PM
  #1  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default Goodbye 2015 GS, hello...

...2019 GS!!

My GS lease was up. I loved it so much I got another, but this one I bought for keeps.

My 15 was Atomic Silver whereas the 19 is Smokey Granite Mica.

Like the 15, this is an AWD F Sport with ML. Unlike my 15, this one has the cold weather package, plus HUD, power trunk, and all the latest safety tech like all speed radar cruise, PCS, etc. Iím surprised at how differently it rode and drove. More on that later.





JDR76 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by JDR76:
Im2bz2p345 (02-02-19), kode3 (02-01-19), signdetres (02-02-19)
Old 02-01-19, 07:37 PM
  #2  
JeffKeryk
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 178
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Now I'm really jealous...
JeffKeryk is offline  
The following users liked this post:
JDR76 (02-01-19)
Old 02-01-19, 07:37 PM
  #3  
gs350lex
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 160
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JDR76 View Post
...2019 GS!!

My GS lease was up. I loved it so much I got another, but this one I bought for keeps.

My 15 was Atomic Silver whereas the 19 is Smokey Granite Mica.

Like the 15, this is an AWD F Sport with ML. Unlike my 15, this one has the cold weather package, plus HUD, power trunk, and all the latest safety tech like all speed radar cruise, PCS, etc. Iím surprised at how differently it rode and drove. More on that later.





Beautiful car love the car good choice (btw I see that highlander love that as well!). Please do update on how it drives/feels compared to the 15 and perhaps the pros and cons(i doubt there will be any) of the two. How much did you grab it for if you don't mind sharing?

Enjoy that beauty👍
gs350lex is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by gs350lex:
JDR76 (02-01-19), kode3 (02-01-19)
Old 02-01-19, 09:53 PM
  #4  
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,445
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Default

Nice, fully loaded! Next time I buy a Lexus 5-10 years from now, I'll hold out for a fully loaded one. lol, but then no fun in doing mods to add the features.
peasodos is offline  
Old 02-01-19, 10:08 PM
  #5  
AJLex19
Lexus Champion
 
AJLex19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 1,742
Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts
Default

I really like the Atomic Silver but the Smokey Granite is definitely a good look. I saw two 2018 GS's last year at my local dealership that I sat inside. Really thought either color was great - one 2018 atomic silver and the other 2018 smokey granite.

Congrats and nice choice!
AJLex19 is online now  
Old 02-02-19, 03:00 AM
  #6  
06ls430KTC
Pole Position
 
06ls430KTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 335
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default

Congrats JDR! Nice GS.
06ls430KTC is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 05:30 AM
  #7  
charley95
Lexus Test Driver
 
charley95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: il.
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 0
Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Awesome JDR! Looking forward to your review and your opinion on the differences from your 15. Whoever buys your 15 is going to get a great well taken care of GS.
charley95 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 05:39 AM
  #8  
charley95
Lexus Test Driver
 
charley95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: il.
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 0
Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Don't know if Washington requires a front plate and wondering if your going to omit it or not?! Illinois requires it and so far I've been lucky not mounting one. I keep mine in the trunk but aware sooner or later I will get nailed for it. I think the front will grow on you and looks so much better without front plate.
charley95 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 05:54 AM
  #9  
charley95
Lexus Test Driver
 
charley95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: il.
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 0
Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Also curious what the sticker is to the left of the window sticker? I assume an add on feature maybe? It's pretty cool you decided to get another GS, I just love mine!
charley95 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 06:38 AM
  #10  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk View Post
Now I'm really jealous...
There's no need! You have a great lineup of cars yourself!
JDR76 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 06:41 AM
  #11  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gs350lex View Post
Beautiful car love the car good choice (btw I see that highlander love that as well!). Please do update on how it drives/feels compared to the 15 and perhaps the pros and cons(i doubt there will be any) of the two. How much did you grab it for if you don't mind sharing?

Enjoy that beauty👍
Thanks!

Our Highlander has been absolutely fabulous! Hauls 6-7 people, great features, and near 30 mpg!

The sticker on the 19 was just a tad over $61k. Unfortunately all of the rebates were on leases only, so my deal was not that great. I did get a low APR, about $3600 off from the dealer, and they paid off the remainder of my 15 GS (had a few lease payments left, totaling around $2600).
JDR76 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 06:45 AM
  #12  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJLex19 View Post
I really like the Atomic Silver but the Smokey Granite is definitely a good look. I saw two 2018 GS's last year at my local dealership that I sat inside. Really thought either color was great - one 2018 atomic silver and the other 2018 smokey granite.

Congrats and nice choice!
Thanks AJ! To be honest, the color choice was a struggle! I absolutely loved my Atomic Silver. Such a stunning color that was super easy to take care of and just always seemed to look great. The dealer had 4 GS350s on the lot, all similarly equipped. They had two Smokey Granite Micas, one white, and one AS. While I prefer AS, I decided that buying the same car AND the same color wasn't changing it up enough. That's what pushed me to SGM. I'm a bit concerned about how dark it is and worried it won't stay looking as nice when not clean, but I'll get some ceramic coating on it soon and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by 06ls430KTC View Post
Congrats JDR! Nice GS.
Thank you!
JDR76 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 06:48 AM
  #13  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
Awesome JDR! Looking forward to your review and your opinion on the differences from your 15. Whoever buys your 15 is going to get a great well taken care of GS.
Whoever buys that car will indeed get a great one! As you know, I really loved it!

Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
Don't know if Washington requires a front plate and wondering if your going to omit it or not?! Illinois requires it and so far I've been lucky not mounting one. I keep mine in the trunk but aware sooner or later I will get nailed for it. I think the front will grow on you and looks so much better without front plate.
A front plate is, unfortunately, required in Washington. Ugh. I am considering going renegade here and skipping out on it but we'll see. I have a few weeks until the plates arrive.

Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
Also curious what the sticker is to the left of the window sticker? I assume an add on feature maybe? It's pretty cool you decided to get another GS, I just love mine!
Not sure exactly which sticker you are referring to. There are 3 in that window - the regular one from Lexus, the "dealer installed features" (arg), and the tire life warning sticker.
JDR76 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 06:55 AM
  #14  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,422
Received 418 Likes on 334 Posts
Default

Okay, so some impressions on the differences:

On the test drive, I was very quickly surprised at how different it felt. Some of that was probably just my imagination, some of it was probably a product of it being a brand new car, and some of it was due to the changes they've made.

The seats felt a bit tighter and more supportive, including the rear seat which felt like it had more side bolstering. Not sure if this is just my imagination. I also found that it seemed noticeably quieter on the road, which may be in part to brand new tires, though I'd hardly call my 15 noisy. Both my 15 and my 19 have the dual pane windows.

It felt like it drove smoother too. But where I really need to play is in the drive modes. They have made changes there, that much was obvious. Sport S+ in the 19 felt less aggressive. Not as much of a difference in the ride/suspension between modes. The other big difference is in steering. On my 15, the steering in Sport S+ gets super heavy. So much so that I always go back to Sport S or Normal when I pull into a parking lot. I noticed very little difference in the amount of steering assist between modes on the 19. I'll have to spend more time today checking that out. I also popped it into Eco mode for a moment and my brief first impression there was that, like the other modes, it seems less aggressive. Doesn't neuter the car as much as it did on my 15. I need more time at the wheel.
JDR76 is offline  
Old 02-02-19, 06:58 AM
  #15  
charley95
Lexus Test Driver
 
charley95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: il.
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 0
Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

The dealer installed sticker was the one I was refferring to, just curious what was installed.
charley95 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goodbye 2015 GS, hello...


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: