GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Damage to my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-19, 07:10 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Yes exactly they would have to blend the fenders and maybe the hood to get a perfect color match if I ever changed the bumper some other time. Liquid Platinum is one of those colors you'll notice if it's off. Black car on the other hand you probably don't need to blend anything.

My car would look like this except the chrome trim around the top of the grill would be gloss black. I also have the led headlights
2013 GS 450h f-sport minus the dynamic rear steering
Also plan on wrapping the roof and chrome trim around the door gloss black.
Yup, exactly! Don't forget to add clear bra again for that new shiny bumper...
Old 01-28-19, 07:15 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr
Yup, exactly! Don't forget to add clear bra again for that new shiny bumper...
Yeah I plan on doing it, the body shop said their clear bra guy has done it 3 days after paint, but he recommended waiting about a month after paint for clearbra.

I plan on doing full hood and bumper. I had the factory clearbra on lower part of hood and as soon as I took if off rock chips started appearing. I'm going to avoid driving the car as much as possible until the clearbra is on it.
Old 02-22-19, 04:13 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

They did a perfect job! Apparently liquid platinum is a 3 stage paint. I saved some money because they only charged me for 2 stage like in the original estimate, but did the 3 stage paint job.
Old 02-22-19, 04:21 PM
Stewart350
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They did a perfect job! Apparently liquid platinum is a 3 stage paint. I saved some money because they only charged me for 2 stage like in the original estimate, but did the 3 stage paint job.
That looks like it came out great. Looks even more aggressive with the Triple Beam Led headlights.
Old 02-22-19, 05:54 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Congrats! It turned out great. Your labor rates in VA is undoubtedly much lower than in SoCal. I'm anticipating my front bumper respray alone will be around $1-1.5K. I will take it to Lexus body shop to get best possible paint job and match.

I want to repaint my front bumper due to a giant scratch previous owner left on lower passenger side near the fog lights. SK lip is covering most of the scratch now, but my OCD side wants it perfect. Also waiting to hear how much Espirit bumper conversion will be from ModInJapan. If not too crazy expensive, I may do the conversion this summer. But the horror stories I see from Aimgain bumper conversion that someone did makes me nervous. Staying with F Sport bumper will guarantee everything fits perfectly.
Old 02-22-19, 06:41 PM
lbcgav
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Congrats! It turned out great. Your labor rates in VA is undoubtedly much lower than in SoCal. I'm anticipating my front bumper respray alone will be around $1-1.5K. I will take it to Lexus body shop to get best possible paint job and match.

I want to repaint my front bumper due to a giant scratch previous owner left on lower passenger side near the fog lights. SK lip is covering most of the scratch now, but my OCD side wants it perfect. Also waiting to hear how much Espirit bumper conversion will be from ModInJapan. If not too crazy expensive, I may do the conversion this summer. But the horror stories I see from Aimgain bumper conversion that someone did makes me nervous. Staying with F Sport bumper will guarantee everything fits perfectly.
Have you tried Platinum VIP? I just had my bumper re-sprayed and it was roughly half of what you say you're ready to pay. He's moved his shop to Irwindale. Kennedy is a cool guy and is very generous with his clear coat.
Old 02-22-19, 07:28 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgav
Have you tried Platinum VIP? I just had my bumper re-sprayed and it was roughly half of what you say you're ready to pay. He's moved his shop to Irwindale. Kennedy is a cool guy and is very generous with his clear coat.
Funny you mention Platinum VIP. I was just researching them. Sound like I need to bring my GS there to get a quote. Thanks!
Old 02-22-19, 10:37 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Thats a nice job peasodos! It came out great and I'm glad it all worked out.
Old 02-23-19, 02:48 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Thats a nice job peasodos! It came out great and I'm glad it all worked out.
Thanks, stay tuned for my next mod. I bought all the seats from a gs with luxury package for $1350 shipped to my door. Going to swap out the seats and sell my original ones The deal was too good to pass up.
Old 02-23-19, 08:35 AM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Sweet looking ride and the paint match is spot-on! You have a unique ride now my friend... 450h with F-Sport Grill + Fogs lol.

Are you going to eventually PPF the bumper and hood?
Old 02-23-19, 08:40 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eddie420
Sweet looking ride and the paint match is spot-on! You have a unique ride now my friend... 450h with F-Sport Grill + Fogs lol.

Are you going to eventually PPF the bumper and hood?
Yes, I'm currently garaging the car for a month then straight to the PPF guy. Even though they bake the paint the body shop owner recommended I wait 30 days before installing PPF. His PPF guy has installed it 3 days after paint, but he said if it were his car he would wait 30 days.
Old 02-23-19, 11:59 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Yes, I'm currently garaging the car for a month then straight to the PPF guy. Even though they bake the paint the body shop owner recommended I wait 30 days before installing PPF. His PPF guy has installed it 3 days after paint, but he said if it were his car he would wait 30 days.
Great, now we have to wait at least a month to see the PPF installation and potential how-to install lux seats.
Old 02-24-19, 05:58 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Great, now we have to wait at least a month to see the PPF installation and potential how-to install lux seats.
lol, I'm having my PPF professionally installed.
Old 02-27-19, 09:25 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

FYI: I scheduled my PPF to install first week of April. The Installer uses Suntek Ultra.
for the bumper and full hood it's $970
for the bumper, full hood, both fenders, side mirror caps, and headlights it's $1400.

The guy came highly recommended from the body shop guy, has lots of experience and does installs for local Porsche dealer. They also wrap around the edges unlike the factory Lexus PPF.
Old 02-28-19, 10:51 AM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Dam that messed up about the damage but new bumper came out well; looks really nice.