Applying caliper Decal

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-19, 07:53 PM
nachilus
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Applying caliper Decal

Guys,

I bought a FSport Decal, if i apply this to the caliper, standing in front of the car, one decal will be facing front and the other will be facing the rear from the other side, correct me if I am wrong, Should I get another set from the seller facing the opposite direction so when on the car they both facing the same direction?

Old 01-20-19, 09:53 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

Look at it this way, passenger side view followed by driver's side view.The bottom of both decals will be facing forwards. I hope this helps.

I bought some decals myself and will be putting them on today (if I get around to it) on the OEM black calipers. I'm hoping that I don't have to paint the calipers themselves, but I'll decide that once I take a really close look at the caliper. If I do have to paint, I will than have to decide on a color.

Last edited by chinee; 01-20-19 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-20-19, 01:04 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,129 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by nachilus
Guys,

I bought a FSport Decal, if i apply this to the caliper, standing in front of the car, one decal will be facing front and the other will be facing the rear from the other side, correct me if I am wrong, Should I get another set from the seller facing the opposite direction so when on the car they both facing the same direction?

I believe those would only be for the driver side. When you are looking at the decals, you should need to turn your head toward the back of the car to read it, regardless if you're looking at the driver side or passenger side.

That will mean that the passenger side sticker should be inverted compared to the driver's side for it to be correct.
Old 01-20-19, 07:12 PM
nachilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chinee
Look at it this way, passenger side view followed by driver's side view.The bottom of both decals will be facing forwards. I hope this helps.

I bought some decals myself and will be putting them on today (if I get around to it) on the OEM black calipers. I'm hoping that I don't have to paint the calipers themselves, but I'll decide that once I take a really close look at the caliper. If I do have to paint, I will than have to decide on a color.

Thanks for the reply, i painted mine yesterday in blue take a look below.

Did not wash the car in a few days, its cold so after painting it, I will leave it in my garage for a couple of days.

Waiting for my decal to come in.

Last edited by nachilus; 01-20-19 at 07:13 PM. Reason: miss something
Old 01-20-19, 07:15 PM
nachilus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I believe those would only be for the driver side. When you are looking at the decals, you should need to turn your head toward the back of the car to read it, regardless if you're looking at the driver side or passenger side.

That will mean that the passenger side sticker should be inverted compared to the driver's side for it to be correct.
OK, got it. I have to reorder some decals i messed up the one i had.
Old 01-20-19, 07:40 PM
chinee
Racer

Originally Posted by AJLex19

Originally Posted by nachilus
OK, got it. I have to reorder some decals i messed up the one i had.
I don't get what you guys are saying...
Did mine today, not as visible as I would have liked but that's the limitation of keeping the OEM 19's
Are you saying they shouldn't be placed as they are in the pics?

Old 01-21-19, 05:26 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

I think everyone is overthinking this, plus there really isn't a right way to do it.
you can use the stickers you have just fine, just how chinee described and did.
Old 01-21-19, 05:55 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I've always felt the correct decal placement orientation on brake calipers is: If you were a tiny creature standing on the center hub of each wheel looking at the decal - all four decals would read right-side-up, not upside-down.
Old 01-21-19, 06:24 PM
chinee
Racer

Originally Posted by bclexus
I've always felt the correct decal placement orientation on brake calipers is: If you were a tiny creature standing on the center hub of each wheel looking at the decal - all four decals would read right-side-up, not upside-down.
A rather unique way of looking at it, but I agree.
Old 01-22-19, 06:03 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,129 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
I don't get what you guys are saying...
Did mine today, not as visible as I would have liked but that's the limitation of keeping the OEM 19's
Are you saying they shouldn't be placed as they are in the pics?

This is correct...On the passenger side, you need to tilt your head left/down toward the back of the car to read the decal. On the driver's side, you need to tilt your head right/down toward the back of the car to read the decal.