Why don't these sell? GS350 Fsport

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-19, 07:42 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
That LS F Sport do anything for ya?
It really doesn't, but thanks for the suggestion. It's just way too big and not sporty enough.

Originally Posted by baconRx
The dealer that got me back into looking into the car actually told me someone had liked theirs so much they went through the process of getting it CPO after the lease so I wonder what all that entailed because if what you say is true then the dealer had to buy it back first to CPO it for them right?
Yes, that's right. When a lease is returned, it belongs to LFS, not the dealer. If the dealer wants to sell it as a used/CPO, they have to first purchase it from LFS. By the time they buy it, CPO it, add in their markup, we'll probably be paying close to what my current buyout is, which I think is too much for the car. I will certainly discuss this with my dealer though, but I think in my head I've already prepared myself to let it go. And if I go pick up a '19 (to buy, not lease), I can at least get the updates that my 15 does not have, though I still prefer the 15's styling. I will say the local dealer has a beautiful new '18 GS450h F Sport that's been on the lot for awhile, making me think it's prime for a good deal, but I am not sure that I could live with the small trunk.

Originally Posted by peasodos
Gas goes back to $4 per gallon people will ditch the suv's for cars again.
I don't really think so, at least in large numbers. The car manufacturers have done a great job of improving fuel economy on the utes. Now I know my situation is not that typical, but my Highlander gets nearly double the fuel mileage of my GS, LOL. My GS is the gas hog in our house. I average around 15 mpg, whereas the Highlander averages 28. Even my friend's Yukon gets better mileage than my GS.
Old 01-17-19, 11:58 AM
gordonyz
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

16 GS 350 are actually selling at over 30k.
The makeover on 16 is appealing especially the FSport package, which look like current gen everything.

To me 16s are even overpriced, as new ones are pretty much 50k

the pre facelift are going to be cheaper again by a few thousand
Old 01-18-19, 01:56 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobraman44
2014 GS350 Fsport. Why don't these sell? Is the KBB value accurate? Seems like the bottom has fell out. I have listed in several local ads and all I get is low ballers which I think is dealers. This car is in excellent condition and I cannot even get an offer of 25K for it. Frustrating when I can get more for my older truck than I can get for this car.
You're trying to sell a perf car in the winter? (it says your from OH, so that means frozen wasteland just like us up in MA). Good luck with that. peoples mindsets are not really in the right place WRT cars in the midst of trash weather. It's like selling a motorcycle in the winter.

You're better off driving it till it dies, as is with most cars.

-Mike
Old 01-19-19, 10:14 AM
Cobraman44
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donkiboy
I assume its still under powertrain or even basic warranty. If it's AWD f sport with BSM and parking assist, you might get little more.
Yes it is and also the cold weather package. If you are referring to parking assist is the sensors.
Old 01-19-19, 11:50 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by er34
Let's hope that never happens. I couldn't care less what everybody else drives. Keep buying them SUVs so I can trade for a used gs-f at a good deal. Curiously, I haven't seen a single GSF listing for months in Canada. I suspect Americans are buying them up at Canadian auctions and shipping them south.
Fairly certain that is illegal.
Old 01-19-19, 01:08 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Fairly certain that is illegal.
I do a lot of export work and as far as my limited knowledge goes, there is no issues with exporting the cars from Canada if the ITN is filled out and the export paperwork has the proper HST and EAR**/NLR. In laymen's terms, if the government says okay, then you are good to ship. I could totally be wrong though so don't trust what I just wrote LOL.
Old 01-19-19, 01:13 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie420
I do a lot of export work and as far as my limited knowledge goes, there is no issues with exporting the cars from Canada if the ITN is filled out and the export paperwork has the proper HST and EAR**/NLR. In laymen's terms, if the government says okay, then you are good to ship. I could totally be wrong though so don't trust what I just wrote LOL.
Agreed. Nothing illegal about it as long as the Canadian model’s CMVSS standards for that model year exactly match that of the US model’s FMVSS standards, and all the import paperwork is done, then you’d be all set.
Old 01-20-19, 09:32 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

I've been watching alot of JDM auction videos on YT. Man I want a 2G Toyota Aristo Vertex Edition so bad. Luxury VIP sedan with Supra 2JZ twin Turbo 🤩🤤. But the 25 years rule sucks for us Americans 😫
Old 01-20-19, 12:28 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobraman44
2014 GS350 Fsport. Why don't these sell? Is the KBB value accurate? Seems like the bottom has fell out. I have listed in several local ads and all I get is low ballers which I think is dealers. This car is in excellent condition and I cannot even get an offer of 25K for it. Frustrating when I can get more for my older truck than I can get for this car.
First, unless you are a dealership that can back up any warranty or service, you are a private seller. KBB for an excellent 2014 GS F-sport is max $23,768 for private party with the default options. The fact is, all options won't change it $2,000.

Most people think their car is the creme of the crop and think they can get dealer pricing on craigslist. That isn't the real world. I bought my 2013 AWD Lux w/51K miles from a dealer a year ago and it had been on the lot for over a year. I made a take it or leave it offer and got the car.

If you are worried about resale on a Lexus, you are buying the wrong car for the wrong reason.
Old 01-20-19, 01:55 PM
KAH
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
It really doesn't, but thanks for the suggestion. It's just way too big and not sporty enough.

Yes, that's right. When a lease is returned, it belongs to LFS, not the dealer. If the dealer wants to sell it as a used/CPO, they have to first purchase it from LFS. By the time they buy it, CPO it, add in their markup, we'll probably be paying close to what my current buyout is, which I think is too much for the car. I will certainly discuss this with my dealer though, but I think in my head I've already prepared myself to let it go. And if I go pick up a '19 (to buy, not lease), I can at least get the updates that my 15 does not have, though I still prefer the 15's styling. I will say the local dealer has a beautiful new '18 GS450h F Sport that's been on the lot for awhile, making me think it's prime for a good deal, but I am not sure that I could live with the small trunk.

I don't really think so, at least in large numbers. The car manufacturers have done a great job of improving fuel economy on the utes. Now I know my situation is not that typical, but my Highlander gets nearly double the fuel mileage of my GS, LOL. My GS is the gas hog in our house. I average around 15 mpg, whereas the Highlander averages 28. Even my friend's Yukon gets better mileage than my GS.
I agree. My wife’s SUV gets same/better mpg than my F Sport.

Don’t want $4 gas for anyone, but it’s a different world with mpgs for crossovers/SUVs
Old 01-20-19, 10:21 PM
rimrattler
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As a point of comparison, I just got 40k mike 2015 fsport loaded with a Lexus l/certified bumper2bumper warranty through 1/2021, for 28k, so take it for what that’s worth.
Old 01-21-19, 01:51 PM
SpicedRum
Rookie

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Interesting conversation. I rarely see a 4GS around here, and it's an affluent area near a big city with plenty of luxury cars running about. Might see 1 or 2 a week, and almost no 2016+.

Supply is VERY low but so is demand. There are zero 2016+ f sports for sale near me (50miles, which would have about 2 million people in that zone) on Autotrader and 3 non-sports. Digging further, they are ALL 2WD and ALL from out of state and for sale at independent dealers (who probably got them on auction). I wouldn't even LOOK at any of them, let alone buy.

There are a number of 2015's for sale nearby. Quite a few are out of state, most 2WD and non f-sport.

If I listed my spotless ultra-white, FULLY loaded, 2018 AWD f-sport today, it will be a party of one in the listings in a major metro market. I would think it would be a sellers market under these conditions, but sounds like that isn't the case?? Very strange...
Old 01-23-19, 02:31 PM
AlexNY
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

i was in the market for a 2013-2015 GS 350 CPO with less than 40k miles.

i researched for 5 months checking every single website out there. this is because lease on benz was up in 5 months.

anyhow, i can tell you private party 2014 with no CPO, i was willing to pay $22k tops from a private party. $25k is 2015 territory from private party, $28k~$32k for CPO from dealer. i've seen some $26k 2015 CPO but those had ****ty records (2 previous leases, fleet, etc).

anyways, guess what..........

i ended up buying a 2015 ES 350 2 weeks ago LOL.

Lexus currently has a promotion for 1.9% apr on CPO ES, NX and RX.

with all fees + taxes + interest (gs interest was 3.9%) the 2015 GS cpo i was looking at was $10k more than the ES 350.

i know different cars, but no way a GS is $10k nicer than a ES when both cars are used/cpo. Brand new, i understand.

my heart is regretting it a bit, but my wallet is very happy.
Old 01-23-19, 02:39 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
i know different cars, but no way a GS is $10k nicer than a ES when both cars are used/cpo.
I beg to differ.
Old 01-23-19, 02:39 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexNY
i was in the market for a 2013-2015 GS 350 CPO with less than 40k miles.

i researched for 5 months checking every single website out there. this is because lease on benz was up in 5 months.

anyhow, i can tell you private party 2014 with no CPO, i was willing to pay $22k tops from a private party. $25k is 2015 territory from private party, $28k~$32k for CPO from dealer. i've seen some $26k 2015 CPO but those had ****ty records (2 previous leases, fleet, etc).

anyways, guess what..........

i ended up buying a 2015 ES 350 2 weeks ago LOL.

Lexus currently has a promotion for 1.9% apr on CPO ES, NX and RX.

with all fees + taxes + interest (gs interest was 3.9%) the 2015 GS cpo i was looking at was $10k more than the ES 350.

i know different cars, but no way a GS is $10k nicer than a ES when both cars are used/cpo. Brand new, i understand.

my heart is regretting it a bit, but my wallet is very happy.
I've got a 2014 F Sport with 39k now (26k at purchase) and I hate the idea that buyers would only pay $22k for it. I bought it L-Certified for 10k more than that just 16 months ago.

Guess I'll be driving it into the ground!

Quick Reply: Why don't these sell? GS350 Fsport