GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Warning John Perez from Chicago Composites, Carbon Guards, Shadowcraftusa is a Scam!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-18, 09:38 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts
Angry Warning John Perez from Chicago Composites, Carbon Guards, Shadowcraftusa is a Scam!

So I started this thread a while back to find these Carbon Fiber mudguards that looked amazing:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...mudguards.html

They look and fit amazing for the youtube video. I contacted the seller through email and placed an order.

My saga with the seller from our email communication. The guy is a compulsive liar. There are many members on this forum that have been screwed over by John (Johnny Perez) also if you google search him you'll see more across other forums. There are also people who received orders and say how amazing the carbon fiber work is. I still have not received the item or gotten any tracking number for the shipment, that he promised multiple times. I opened a case with my credit card company.

If you made a purchase with this guy and he is giving you nothing but excuses, Get Your Money Back! It's been almost one month since he said the item would ship.

John(Johnny) Perez Chicago Composites, Carbon Guards, Shadowcraftusa
4048 W. Chicago Ave
Chicago IL, 60651

Last edited by peasodos; 12-18-18 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-18-18, 09:54 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

LOL you ain't getting ****. This is a ridic way to do business no matter how good the product is or isn't. Chargeback and send CC company this email trail. You'll be credited back instantly.
Old 12-18-18, 09:59 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by np20412
LOL you ain't getting ****. This is a ridic way to do business no matter how good the product is or isn't. Chargeback and send CC company this email trail. You'll be credited back instantly.
My credit card company already issued me a temporary credit while they work the case. I'll end up winning it, but I made this thread to warn any other potential customers. I have two CL members reach out to me, one said it took 2 months to recieve the item and it didn't fit, another said he finally received it after opening a paypal case. My guess is the seller is banned from paypal and using other means to collect money.

He had the nerve to try and wholesale me a bunch of these to sell on this forum without evening fulfilling my original order.

Last edited by peasodos; 12-18-18 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-18-18, 09:59 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

That sucks you have to deal with unscrupulous characters like this dude. It's always risky buying from an unknown vendor.
I recently purchase some CF goodies from a well known CL vendor. I'm withholding his name to offer him the benefit of the doubt and hope he comes through soon.
I made a $400 "down payment" over 6 weeks ago. Sent multiple emails requesting update, haven't heard a thing back from him.
Hope I don't have to file a charge back with my Credit Card too. I don't get why these vendors treat their customers so poorly.
Don't they want more business? Aftermarket mods are expensive too, it's not like $5 or $10 that I can ignore.
Old 12-18-18, 10:07 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jdpdata
That sucks you have to deal with unscrupulous characters like this dude. It's always risky buying from an unknown vendor.
I recently purchase some CF goodies from a well known CL vendor. I'm withholding his name to offer him the benefit of the doubt and hope he comes through soon.
I made a $400 "down payment" over 6 weeks ago. Sent multiple emails requesting update, haven't heard a thing back from him.
Hope I don't have to file a charge back with my Credit Card too. I don't get why these vendors treat their customers so poorly.
Don't they want more business? Aftermarket mods are expensive too, it's not like $5 or $10 that I can ignore.
Wow I wouldn't have the patience for that, well known vendor or not, ignoring customer emails/concerns is a terrible way to do business.
The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (12-18-18)
Old 12-18-18, 10:41 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

That's awful but I'm glad you filed a claim with your CC company and you'll definitely never end up losing out on any money - only the time and stress which is terrible.

I think part of the issue is that we have all become used to instantaneous and immediate response times because of the tech boom and that has become the standard way to do business. Honestly, any other way of doing business is really not feasible in today's modern world.

If a customer asks for an update, you should have new information ready and fairly quickly. If something is stuck in transit or delayed, that info needs to be proactively communicated to the customer. If something has changed about shipping times, shipping method, availability, pricing, etc. that should be relayed to the customer as quickly as possible.

You probably would have been more patient had he been more proactive but i'm glad you warned us about his shady business practices...

Not taking anything away from your experience: thinking about your experience with these mud guards but imagine this: Folks buying sight unseen CPO Tesla's and not hearing any status updates weeks and weeks of leaving a deposit!

Edit: Its funny looking back at your post...when it came to money/payment, he was super responsive - once he got his money, he didn't care anymore and that was sooooo obvious.

Last edited by AJLex19; 12-18-18 at 10:46 AM.
jdpdata (12-18-18)
Old 12-18-18, 01:55 PM
eddie420

Received 610 Likes on 439 Posts

You have the patience of a saint peasodos. OMG I would have flipped out much earlier. What a shady dealer.
Old 12-18-18, 07:50 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

if only the guy with the white gsf that originally got them could have actually gotten some produced for us that would have been great. i've been wanting some mud guards since the GSF rims stick out more and definitely throw up more dirt...
Old 12-23-18, 08:07 AM
rmes350F
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

This is why I like to purchase goods in person, I understand sometimes you cannot and have to order on line. This type of situation just burns me up. Glad you got your money back.
Old 04-27-20, 09:21 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Bump for those considering purchasing carbon fiber guards from this seller.
Old 05-10-20, 02:52 AM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Sueing

Did you get your money taking? I'm looking to find people that have been scammed by johnny and put put a lawsuit together against his company.
Im2bz2p345 (05-10-20)
Old 09-02-22, 06:23 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i know this is old but i just wanted to warn anyone whos thinking to order from him.

aug 1st ordered and promised ship within a week.

aug 10th. nothing and requested photos, he said will send next day. NOTHING

aug 17th. requested refund, he said will refund in next few days. Nothing again,

aug 29th. messaged for status no longer replying my message. filed a dispute with my CC.

his instagram is carbonguards

website thecarbonguards.com
Old 09-02-22, 06:44 AM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah **** that dude don't believe what he says get your money back. Luckily you paid with cc he tries to make people pay via cashapp so they can't get his money back
Originally Posted by jonathanz
i know this is old but i just wanted to warn anyone whos thinking to order from him.

aug 1st ordered and promised ship within a week.

aug 10th. nothing and requested photos, he said will send next day. NOTHING

aug 17th. requested refund, he said will refund in next few days. Nothing again,

aug 29th. messaged for status no longer replying my message. filed a dispute with my CC.

his instagram is carbonguards

website thecarbonguards.com
Old 09-02-22, 07:41 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

He's still in business?
Im2bz2p345 (09-02-22)
Old 09-02-22, 07:53 AM
rtalnique
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by trinhtd
Yeah **** that dude don't believe what he says get your money back. Luckily you paid with cc he tries to make people pay via cashapp so they can't get his money back
The company that I purchased my guards from is www.carbonguards.com - it looks like their Instagram is @thecarbonguards

I purchased them in person for my GS350 and online for my GSF. Zero issues - they are not the same company as the one you posted about. I had my set shipped within a day or so and looking at their site, they keep everything in stock and ship within 2 business days. Can’t recommend them enough.

Quick Reply: Warning John Perez from Chicago Composites, Carbon Guards, Shadowcraftusa is a Scam!