GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New 4GS Owner: 2018 GS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-18, 09:34 AM
mrcindy
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
USB is definitely rare regardless of model. welcome to the family, make sure to keep her clean
I thought all GS had USB ports. Not true?
Old 12-17-18, 09:55 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by tantasticc
Hi everyone,

I just recently picked up a Brand New 2018 GS F Sport AWD USB with Flaxen leather interior. I've learn a lot from this forum already. Here are some photos of the car. I cant wait until it snows to test out the AWD

Congrats on the purchase, any plans for it. Also I see your from Mass (there will be no snow so no saying that) So basically no snow testing. All jokes aside the car is really good in the snow you should not have a problem when the Rain comes ( snow). I will say the blue always looks amazing a stunning color, especially photo friendly.
Old 12-17-18, 10:55 AM
jessalynn
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrcindy
USB in this reference is UltraSonic Blue - the color of the car.
Old 12-17-18, 11:19 AM
mrcindy
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jessalynn
Too funny! Got it!
Old 12-17-18, 11:37 AM
drake3
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have found with my USB GS that it is the most easily scratched vehicle I have ever owned. I have never had a car with such a thin coating of paint/clear coat. After delivery, I saw a finger print a kid had left on the front edge of the hood. The car was clean as it had just been washed. I wiped my finger gently over it and scratch. Not deep, but the coat was not glassy anymore. Funeral procession with one of those flags on a magnet that had felt underneath, scratch. Toddler playing in my driveway, 2 years old, comes out of the garage with a plastic bat. He dropped, (did not swing it) the bat which weighs less than a running shoe from his arm height which is about 30 inches (so about 6 inches to my car with gravity as the only force), falls on the front end and scratch. While I love the color and have no regrets, I am surprised how easily this car is scratched down to the white or silver layer.

I respectfully disagree with the OPs assessment of USB with the red interior. It has generally received very positive reviews from all different people, even those with no filters.

Still chuckling about the USB ports!
Old 12-17-18, 11:41 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts
Talking

Too funny! Got it!
And to make things even more confusing, CL members used the term "USB 2.0" which is ubiquitous with the data port. I was confused too when I was a noob on here, but quickly learned they weren't talking about computer ports LOL.

USB is a great color but the easy scratches scares me. My next Lexus have to be between USB or Atomic Silver - great colors!
Old 12-17-18, 12:29 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
And to make things even more confusing, CL members used the term "USB 2.0" which is ubiquitous with the data port. I was confused too when I was a noob on here, but quickly learned they weren't talking about computer ports LOL.

USB is a great color but the easy scratches scares me. My next Lexus have to be between USB or Atomic Silver - great colors!
You mean you aren't interested in the super speed USB 3.0?
The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (12-17-18)
Old 12-17-18, 12:39 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

BC > that's out-dated tech already. USB-C is where it's at now. Now Lexus will come out with a new USB-C color .
Old 12-17-18, 02:08 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
usb 3.0 ports used to be blue too lol
Old 12-17-18, 02:09 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

BC > that's out-dated tech already. USB-C is where it's at now. Now Lexus will come out with a new USB-C color .
that is a color USB exterior and Crimson interior lol
The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (12-17-18)
Old 12-17-18, 06:16 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 938 Likes on 575 Posts

OP... I was browsing the #IS thread and saw this pic... gives you an idea what USB can look like...

Post #5342 in the Pics of your 3IS thread... that USB color is mind-blowing!

Last edited by chinee; 12-17-18 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-18-18, 06:17 AM
TarmacSL3
Intermediate

Received 245 Likes on 126 Posts

I have no regrets on the Ultra Sonic Blue Mica...but still regret not finding one with Red interior or even Flaxen so had to settle for black,

Old 02-21-19, 03:19 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the late response everyone!. having a kid can be a handful lol.

haha i chuckled at this

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the purchase, any plans for it. Also I see your from Mass (there will be no snow so no saying that) So basically no snow testing. All jokes aside the car is really good in the snow you should not have a problem when the Rain comes ( snow). I will say the blue always looks amazing a stunning color, especially photo friendly.
We didnt get alot of snow but ill tell you what, when we did the salt on the car is truly awful lol. Thank!. The only plan so far I have for it might just be tints and that's all. Maybe try to get a squared set up of the GS-F wheels.

Originally Posted by jessalynn

[QUOTE=drake3;10386501]I have found with my USB GS that it is the most easily scratched vehicle I have ever owned. I have never had a car with such a thin coating of paint/clear coat. After delivery, I saw a finger print a kid had left on the front edge of the hood. The car was clean as it had just been washed. I wiped my finger gently over it and scratch. Not deep, but the coat was not glassy anymore. Funeral procession with one of those flags on a magnet that had felt underneath, scratch. Toddler playing in my driveway, 2 years old, comes out of the garage with a plastic bat. He dropped, (did not swing it) the bat which weighs less than a running shoe from his arm height which is about 30 inches (so about 6 inches to my car with gravity as the only force), falls on the front end and scratch. While I love the color and have no regrets, I am surprised how easily this car is scratched down to the white or silver layer.

I have to say you are correct with the assessment of the paint scratching easily. We've been through 2 mini snow storm and my car is scratched up from the salt on the road its awful. Last time I washed the car it was gut wrenching.

I respectfully disagree with the OPs assessment of USB with the red interior. It has generally received very positive reviews from all different people, even those with no filters.

My friend has the red interior and it was too flashy for me but like you said personal preference. I also don't see much flexen interior around my area.

haha yeah I was between USB And the Nebula Grey but USB called my name

Originally Posted by bclexus
cant wait to see that color! lol

usb 3.0 ports used to be blue too lol
I remembered that only way to recognized it when it first came out

that is a color USB exterior and Crimson interior lol
Originally Posted by chinee
OP... I was browsing the #IS thread and saw this pic... gives you an idea what USB can look like...

Post #5342 in the Pics of your 3IS thread... that USB color is mind-blowing!
Yeah! I am from the New England side of the world. I will give it a nice thorough detail once the snow and everything goes away haha.

Originally Posted by TarmacSL3
I have no regrets on the Ultra Sonic Blue Mica...but still regret not finding one with Red interior or even Flaxen so had to settle for black,

Shes still beautiful!. Kind of strange because when I was shopping for my GS. The interior was either Flexen or Red I never saw one with black interior.
Old 08-06-19, 08:40 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Update

Update on my car. Just bought some aftermarket wheels and tints

The following 2 users liked this post by tantasticc:
FSportOnly (07-01-20), GibbsLexus (08-18-19)