GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New 4GS Owner: 2018 GS350 F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-18, 08:26 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chinee
First opportunity you have, drop a coat of wax on. Or if you simply don't have the time, some Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish, or similar sealant, will help minimize the amount dirt, salt and road grime that will stick to the paint.
Will do! Is abnormally warm today in the Boston today so I will do that later today. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 12-15-18, 10:57 AM
PilotX
Driver

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

That is roughly the same color as our Camry, it will show scratches very easily so watch for guitar cases, bikes, scooters, shopping carts, etc. Enjoy.
Old 12-15-18, 01:29 PM
tantasticc
Rookie

Originally Posted by PilotX
That is roughly the same color as our Camry, it will show scratches very easily so watch for guitar cases, bikes, scooters, shopping carts, etc. Enjoy.
Good thing I work weird hours so I don’t really run into bikes and scooters a lot. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-15-18, 01:34 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by tantasticc
The only thing I miss about the accord is the MPG
i get about the same as my I4 accord around 23-25 mpg surprisingly so not really missed. I do miss not caring about door dings. got one on my driver side passenger door that i fix but now i have one right behind my driver side fender fsport badge. i feel like this color attracts haters now so im tempted to leave it there but it kills me every time i see it. glad i got the entire car wrapped in ppf
Old 12-15-18, 01:36 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Figured ill add an Interior photo as well.
i like grey better but i might have gotten this instead if i had seen it cause i like the contrast better than my all black. didn't want to order blue on red cause that seemed like a bit too much for me and i really had no around with that combo to see in person
Old 12-15-18, 02:45 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Ya gonna have any Paint protection Film put on it? I put Xpel on mine and it was definitely worth it. Awesome looking F-Sport, your gonna love it! I got my 18 about this time last year and still love it.
Old 12-15-18, 10:43 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congratulations!! Great color combination!
Old 12-16-18, 04:00 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Originally Posted by baconRx
i get about the same as my I4 accord around 23-25 mpg surprisingly so not really missed. I do miss not caring about door dings. got one on my driver side passenger door that i fix but now i have one right behind my driver side fender fsport badge. i feel like this color attracts haters now so im tempted to leave it there but it kills me every time i see it. glad i got the entire car wrapped in ppf
It could’ve been because it was the first tank but the first tank for the GS is 18mpg lol Granted I drive mostly city. My accord average around 28-30. But the door ding thing I agree with. With the Honda I didn’t really care. Yeah first thing my coworker said when I drove the car to work was like wow you really got a bright blue car I saw it from a mile away 🤦*♂️
Old 12-16-18, 04:06 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

i like grey better but i might have gotten this instead if i had seen it cause i like the contrast better than my all black. didn't want to order blue on red cause that seemed like a bit too much for me and i really had no around with that combo to see in person
i went to check out a blue with red. The color scheme was too hot. Basically telling someone to come key your car. Flaxen in my opinion is the best color combo for this color. I always wanted black interior but Flaxen drew me in.
Old 12-16-18, 04:09 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Originally Posted by charley95
Ya gonna have any Paint protection Film put on it? I put Xpel on mine and it was definitely worth it. Awesome looking F-Sport, your gonna love it! I got my 18 about this time last year and still love it.
i negotiated for the dealer to do the simoniz coating for a fraction of the price. I might do the Xpel coating. If you don’t mind me asking how much did it cost you?
Old 12-16-18, 04:10 AM
tantasticc
Rookie

Originally Posted by dwayne4lex
Congratulations!! Great color combination!
thank you! Definitely getting a lot of compliments from people about this color combination
Old 12-16-18, 07:41 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

i negotiated for the dealer to do the simoniz coating for a fraction of the price. I might do the Xpel coating. If you don’t mind me asking how much did it cost you?
$1400 full front section including headlights,A Pillars,mirrors,roof section in front of sunroof,lower half of doors including rockers,door handle cups,door edges and door pillars and section above door handles and lower rear 1/4 panels. Xpel is an excellent product with gloss that almost outshines the bare paint itself. No offense on the Simoniz coating from the dealer but you could probably get the same protection if you applied a wax yourself for much less $$. For best results you could correct the paint and have a ceramic coating applied. You don't need to ceramic coat sections where Xpel would be applied until after the film is installed. Just my .02 cents.
Old 12-16-18, 12:24 PM
baconRx
Instructor

$1400 full front section including headlights,A Pillars,mirrors,roof section in front of sunroof,lower half of doors including rockers,door handle cups,door edges and door pillars and section above door handles and lower rear 1/4 panels. Xpel is an excellent product with gloss that almost outshines the bare paint itself. No offense on the Simoniz coating from the dealer but you could probably get the same protection if you applied a wax yourself for much less $$. For best results you could correct the paint and have a ceramic coating applied. You don't need to ceramic coat sections where Xpel would be applied until after the film is installed. Just my .02 cents.
I would also recommend making sure they don't use precut film so they can wrap all edges. I did full body which is 5-7k for 3m, xpel would be about the same but i think suntek is a little cheaper. Ceramic coats are nice but they're more of a long term wax so if you regularly wash/detail your car i would skip this from a detailer and just do it yourself with a gyeon syncro kit yourself one weekend for a tenth of the price. ceramic coats still require regular maintenance to keep it up for the 5-10 years its advertised for.
Old 12-16-18, 12:29 PM
tantasticc
Rookie

i gotta call my local shop what does xpel and ask for a quote. That’s not too bad. Yeah I was hesitant on it but it wasn’t too bad so I went for it
Old 12-16-18, 12:33 PM
tantasticc
Rookie

I would also recommend making sure they don't use precut film so they can wrap all edges. I did full body which is 5-7k for 3m, xpel would be about the same but i think suntek is a little cheaper. Ceramic coats are nice but they're more of a long term wax so if you regularly wash/detail your car i would skip this from a detailer and just do it yourself with a gyeon syncro kit yourself one weekend for a tenth of the price. ceramic coats still require regular maintenance to keep it up for the 5-10 years its advertised for.
thank you! I will bring my car to the local shop that does a great job on this stuff and see how much it’ll cost.

Quick Reply: New 4GS Owner: 2018 GS350 F Sport