GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just joined the family

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-18, 07:48 PM
slvrcrz
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Just joined the family

Hey guys, I just recently traded in my Lexus HS 250H for 2015 GS350 F sport, i have yet to pick up the car since i came in and bought the car when it just became a lease return with 22k miles on it, so they are prepping the car to be L certified.
I already read most of the GS forum though and I am excited since the owner club forums seemed to be a lot more involved as compared to the HS.

So with that in mind, what kind of mods do you think I should do first ? I was thinking the SK lip, i dont really like the exhaust though so i might change it to quad tips but im not sure where to start either, and as far as skill wise i have never worked a day of my life with cars, but i watched every episode of ChrisFix. So I am all ears to new mods that are cost effective. Question that i have is, does spacers and lowering springs reduce the ride quality all that much ?
Old 07-25-18, 08:35 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Welcome to the family!!! You’ll absolutely love your new ride! I don’t remember where I first started but I do know there’s a lot to be done depending on your style. I think my first mod I ever did was my intake. 🤔 not sure but it’s all done now lol 🤑
Old 07-25-18, 08:52 PM
slvrcrz
Driver

Originally Posted by Chavez562
Welcome to the family!!! You’ll absolutely love your new ride! I don’t remember where I first started but I do know there’s a lot to be done depending on your style. I think my first mod I ever did was my intake. 🤔 not sure but it’s all done now lol 🤑
pictures broo !! i wanna see theem
Old 07-25-18, 09:19 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by slvrcrz
pictures broo !! i wanna see theem
for sure brother!

The following users liked this post:
slvrcrz (07-26-18)
Old 07-25-18, 09:22 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

slvrcrz (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 12:29 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

oh my i think i came........
sooo question time,
first one do you recommend putting dash cam ? and if so did you wire it to the 12v cig liter power or fuse ?
second does the lip and diffuser easy to install by your self if you never worked on cars before ? and side skirts those are insane
did you wrap that grill by your self or done by the pros ? (that looked sick)
im assuming you also lowered the car ? did you notice any ride quality differences ?
but man those fitment and wheels are so damn good

and finally what would you do if you were me and you want to do the first mod ?
Chavez562 (07-28-18)
Old 07-26-18, 12:51 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Definitely do the dash cam first. I hardwired mine to the fuse box.

slvrcrz (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 01:26 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
Congrats on the new car! Definitely do the dash cam first. I hardwired mine to the fuse box.

oh, okay and which one would you recommend, i live in Las Vegas as it can be 117 F or higher, and did you get that installed by pro's or did you do it yourself ?
Old 07-26-18, 01:48 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Lowering the car will definitely reduce ride quality, but you can limit it depending on your setup.
  • Swift springs will drop you less than an inch and all but maintain the regular ride quality.
  • Tanabe springs will lower you just over 1 inch and will result in what I've heard people commonly refer to as 95% ride quality of stock setup. This is the set up I have and I think it's pretty close to stock, but it is definitely not stock ride quality.
  • Coilovers will get you the largest and most customizable drop but will definitely sacrifice ride quality in a more significant way
If you add spacers make sure you add hubcentric spacers and I don't expect that it would make much difference in ride quality, but I don't know for sure.
slvrcrz (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 07:18 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Oh my i think i came........
Sooo question time,
first one do you recommend putting dash cam ? And if so did you wire it to the 12v cig liter power or fuse ?
I love my dash cam! Im sure you would too! I plugged mine into the cig lighter, tucked the wiring, suer easy.
Second does the lip and diffuser easy to install by your self if you never worked on cars before ? And side skirts those are insane
i had mine installed. It looked easy for him, took like 15 mins. Lol i normally get my stuff done so its done correctly the first time.
Did you wrap that grill by your self or done by the pros ? (that looked sick)
im assuming you also lowered the car ? Did you notice any ride quality differences ?
But man those fitment and wheels are so damn good
i did the chrome delete by having the chrome painted. I lowered my car on swift springs. I bought all my stuff from a vendor on here named josh, hes from meraki autosports. Ride is clean. I did 22” gianelle verdi, 22x9 front, 22x10.5 rear.

And finally what would you do if you were me and you want to do the first mod ?
honestly, i went with a bunch of little things first. I felt more accomplished seeing so many things done. Thats just me. I dont know what your budget is but i went with my sounds system first. I love me my music. See above, you’ll see I answered each of your questions after each one. 👍🏽
slvrcrz (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 08:48 AM
slvrcrz
Driver

thanks guys for answering all my questions and my budget is pretty low for now since i just put a large down payment on the car, but im assuming the authentic lip and sides gonna cost a little bit money so probably dash cam first XD, btw does springs reduces the life of your shocks ?
Old 07-26-18, 08:55 AM
Chavez562
Intermediate

thanks guys for answering all my questions and my budget is pretty low for now since i just put a large down payment on the car, but im assuming the authentic lip and sides gonna cost a little bit money so probably dash cam first XD, btw does springs reduces the life of your shocks ?
welcome bro! I’m not sure about the shocks. I’m on a lease. I never keep the cars long enough to find out lol
slvrcrz (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 10:22 AM
socaligs
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

how hard was to set it up? I am planning to do the same thing

Originally Posted by dchar

Old 07-26-18, 04:34 PM
slvrcrz
Driver

thanks guys ! so first mod probably gonna be dash cam, im not sure which but im sure there are plenty to choose from, next probably the lip and probably the swift springs, as it only lowers it a little bit and will not change the ride quality at all, hopefully the cost of it its not that much xD
Old 07-26-18, 04:43 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Chavez562

This is great.
The following 2 users liked this post by jonathancl:
bob256k (07-30-18), Chavez562 (07-28-18)

Quick Reply: Just joined the family