Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 GS 350 F Sport Lease Help

Need help with a Lease...
2018 GS 350 F Sport
Looking for 3 years / 15k

A dealer quoted me MSRP 56,512 - Down to 49,697
With 4,000 Lease Cash

According to the dealership site calculator - With 4,000 down - Payments would be $550.

Looks like a bad deal. Can anyone help?

Old 07-17-18, 12:39 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Wait until the end of the month when the dealership will be desperate to meet their sales quotas. Then you should get more leverage on the price.

I'd go $2750 down/$475 month and see if they'll bite, assuming you have great credit. Play hard ball, threaten to walk away if they seem interested but hesitate to deal.
Old 07-17-18, 08:23 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Email around to larger dealers and see if you can get a better quote. I got a 5k discount before any incentives. 9750 after all incentives applied
Old 07-17-18, 09:12 PM
yolnerd
Rookie

I emailed every dealership in my area. ill post my quotes
Old 07-18-18, 06:11 AM
IndyIS
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I bought my car outright so didn't get the $4k lease incentive cash, but got almost $5k off MSRP and a couple things included, but I'm in NC and went to Michigan to get the car. I had to travel this far for two reasons: 1) it's almost impossible to find AWD F-Sports in NC with the options I want, so when you do, there's either nothing included in terms of options, or there's no dealing; and 2) AWD's are plentiful the further north you go so I was able to get 3 different dealers to essentially bid against one another.

The way I got dealers bidding against each other without ever saying the other dealer's name was to call the dealer that actually had the car I was looking for, have them email the vehicle spec sheet, and use that in conversations with the other dealers so they knew I was looking at a dealer-provided sheet, and that I had all my facts about the car laid out in front of me. If you start calling dealers who don't have the specific car you're looking for, you're better off winning a year supply of tuna fish before the dealer gives a deal on a car they know you want and that they'll have to trade another dealer to get. Also correct, closer to end of month is perfect - not only because they're trying to make their quotas, but also because most dealers have to pay insurance and financing fees (aka floor plan) for that car, and they pay one month in advance. So if you talk to them early in the month, they've already paid the costs, so they're more likely to hold out and see what happens throughout the month.

Good luck. If you want to talk through finance specific items (I work in finance) PM Me and I can help there if/as needed.
The following users liked this post:
jonathanz (07-18-18)
Old 07-18-18, 06:35 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyIS
I bought my car outright so didn't get the $4k lease incentive cash, but got almost $5k off MSRP and a couple things included, but I'm in NC and went to Michigan to get the car. I had to travel this far for two reasons: 1) it's almost impossible to find AWD F-Sports in NC with the options I want, so when you do, there's either nothing included in terms of options, or there's no dealing; and 2) AWD's are plentiful the further north you go so I was able to get 3 different dealers to essentially bid against one another.

The way I got dealers bidding against each other without ever saying the other dealer's name was to call the dealer that actually had the car I was looking for, have them email the vehicle spec sheet, and use that in conversations with the other dealers so they knew I was looking at a dealer-provided sheet, and that I had all my facts about the car laid out in front of me. If you start calling dealers who don't have the specific car you're looking for, you're better off winning a year supply of tuna fish before the dealer gives a deal on a car they know you want and that they'll have to trade another dealer to get. Also correct, closer to end of month is perfect - not only because they're trying to make their quotas, but also because most dealers have to pay insurance and financing fees (aka floor plan) for that car, and they pay one month in advance. So if you talk to them early in the month, they've already paid the costs, so they're more likely to hold out and see what happens throughout the month.

Good luck. If you want to talk through finance specific items (I work in finance) PM Me and I can help there if/as needed.
very useful info, just out of curiosity, why you want AWD when you're in NC? re-call last year only approx. 1-2" of snow.
Old 07-18-18, 06:50 AM
IndyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by jonathanz
very useful info, just out of curiosity, why you want AWD when you're in NC? re-call last year only approx. 1-2" of snow.
Although there are a few reasons why I chose AWD, the main one was because I didn't want the cost of replacing staggered tires. When I owned the '06 IS350, I drove it to almost 200k, and I went through 2 sets of rears for every one set of fronts. That's just too costly. I know I was giving up some great options only available in RWD, as well as the look of a staggered setup, but in the end, the trade-off wasn't worth it to me after owning the IS.

Oh, and this past winter was one of those "off" years in NC. At my house we were expecting a snowfall of a couple inches, but ended up with 8 inches. Other areas around Raleigh ended up with a foot! Everyone laughed at me because I kept the small single stage Toro snowblower and got rid of the big one when moving here from Indiana a couple years ago... then all my neighbors became my friend in one day
Old 07-18-18, 06:54 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Although there are a few reasons why I chose AWD, the main one was because I didn't want the cost of replacing staggered tires. When I owned the '06 IS350, I drove it to almost 200k, and I went through 2 sets of rears for every one set of fronts. That's just too costly. I know I was giving up some great options only available in RWD, as well as the look of a staggered setup, but in the end, the trade-off wasn't worth it to me after owning the IS.

Oh, and this past winter was one of those "off" years in NC. At my house we were expecting a snowfall of a couple inches, but ended up with 8 inches. Other areas around Raleigh ended up with a foot! Everyone laughed at me because I kept the small single stage Toro snowblower and got rid of the big one when moving here from Indiana a couple years ago... then all my neighbors became my friend in one day
haha! gotcha!
Old 07-18-18, 07:32 AM
arafas
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

2018 gs350 f-sport. 36m/12k. I got the car for 46 before tax and fees. Fist month was free also. After trading my car for 5k basically covered my down payment and taxes and stuff i paid 46k otd. payments are 515$.
Old 07-18-18, 01:24 PM
yolnerd
Rookie

Got this this from a dealer- Msrp is 55,845

anyone got any quotes from other dealers ?

Old 07-18-18, 01:40 PM
Greekjim
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My cousins from Wisconsin moved down to NC, they told me a little ice on the road and everything shuts down
Old 07-18-18, 04:33 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Greekjim
My cousins from Wisconsin moved down to NC, they told me a little ice on the road and everything shuts down
They don't have massive fleets of salt trucks.
Old 07-18-18, 05:41 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathancl
They don't have massive fleets of salt trucks.
Ice (sleet and in particular freezing rain) is next to impossible to drive in. If it was just snow like they have in Wisconsin - it's usually not a big deal to get around.

Old 07-18-18, 07:07 PM
IndyIS
Driver

This is very true. Ice, no matter where you’re from or what you’re driving, isn’t easy. We get more of that here than snow, and when the DOT says they sent the whole fleet out, that’s less than 50 trucks. Mother Nature usually cleans up within a couple days anyway.

My wife and I were naive our first winter here thinking we have AWD vehicles and grew up in the snowy northern states. Sure, we made it out to our destination, but the grocery stores were closed, and so was the dry cleaners, her doctor’s office and pretty much every place else. Give me a couple more years and I’ll be just like everyone else not going out in the bad weather... then I’ll probably complain that 65 degrees is cold :-)
Old 07-20-18, 11:49 PM
yolnerd
Rookie

Any recent deals? Anyone leased a GS lately? Looking to get one asap but cant find a good deal.

Quick Reply: 2018 GS 350 F Sport Lease Help