GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Do you think Yelp reviews for Lexus dealers are correct ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-18, 04:51 PM
nmlexus4gs
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Do you think Yelp reviews for Lexus dealers are correct ?

I was looking for a dealer to take my car for 30 thousand miles service. I looked around 3 dealers in Los Angeles. And none of the dealer had a good reviews on yelp ( 3 and half star or less). Now I wonder if i should really believe these reviews and dealers service department really such rip off.
Old 06-06-18, 05:03 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

For every one person that had a good experience who gives a good review there will be a dozen people that had less than a good experience who gives a bad review. In other words, the people who complain are much more likely to give a review. It's true with any business - restaurants, car dealerships, tire shops, contractors, electricians, plumbers, roofers, frame shops, wedding planners, dentists, barbers, tree trimmers, appliance repair shops, window washers, taxis service, car wash/detail shops, tailors, watch repair shops, grocery stores, limousine service, vacation resorts, etc. You name it...

99.999% of all businesses want to provide you the very best service and want you to return. That is how they grow their business. They know that - and word of mouth is powerful. The problem with people giving unfavorable reviews, regardless of business type, is quite often caused by the customer - not the business. There is a significantly high number of people that have no clue at all how to make necessary arrangements for work to be done or to communicate what their needs are. And, some people expect businesses to somehow read their minds. Others expect the business to jump through hoops and do things that are simply not reasonable...

Last edited by bclexus; 06-06-18 at 05:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bclexus:
nmlexus4gs (06-06-18), peteharvey (06-07-18)
Old 06-06-18, 05:18 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

companys can pay Yelp to hide bad reviews n remove unwanted ones too..there is a socal section with a thread on dealerships. I would not go to Santa Monica Lexus if my life depended on it, south bay Lexus and Westminster would be top on my list
The following users liked this post:
nmlexus4gs (06-06-18)
Old 06-06-18, 05:33 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by thekhmer
companys can pay Yelp to hide bad reviews n remove unwanted ones too..there is a socal section with a thread on dealerships. I would not go to Santa Monica Lexus if my life depended on it, south bay Lexus and Westminster would be top on my list
Really? I wasn't pleased with my experience at Keyes and was planning on going to Santa Monica for the next visit. Can I ask why you feel that way? As well as your thoughts on South Bay? Never been to either of the latter two which is why I'm curious.
Old 06-06-18, 05:48 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by signdetres
Really? I wasn't pleased with my experience at Keyes and was planning on going to Santa Monica for the next visit. Can I ask why you feel that way? As well as your thoughts on South Bay? Never been to either of the latter two which is why I'm curious.
There ya go! Perfect example... I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that like Santa Monica Lexus even though thekhmer doesn't like them. Have you given thought as to why Santa Monica Lexus doesn't just shut down for lack of business 'if' their service is so bad? Hint - because Santa Monica Lexus' service is not bad. In fact, I suspect it is very good...
Old 06-07-18, 08:07 AM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
There ya go! Perfect example... I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that like Santa Monica Lexus even though thekhmer doesn't like them. Have you given thought as to why Santa Monica Lexus doesn't just shut down for lack of business 'if' their service is so bad? Hint - because Santa Monica Lexus' service is not bad. In fact, I suspect it is very good...
My main motivation for wanting to go is due to all of the loaner vehicles I see in my neighborhood from them. Though this wasn't the cause of my poor experience at Keyes, it was definitely a part of the issue. The loaner car was an enterprise car as Keyes doesn't have their own fleet. It was a 2016 IS 200t with nearly 30,000 miles. Interior was disgustingly dirty with residues, crumbs, you name it. Trim pieces were literally falling off and flailing about. Not cute.

I see a lot of Lexus Santa Monica loaner vehicles in my neighborhood that have the "courtesy vehicle" decals in the rear window and they're always brand new RX F-Sports and other fairly nice models that I'd love to try out. Figured that between them being much closer and apparently giving much nicer loaners, it was worth the shot.