GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

weather map says downloading data please wait

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 03:36 PM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default weather map says downloading data please wait

Ok Guys, I have a 2016 GS I don't check the weather often but the weather map with the radar keeps saying (downloading data please wait) local weather and the other weather options are working. could there be an outage traffic is working fine.

I just checked this on Friday it was work fine
Old 06-04-18, 06:13 AM
buckeye101
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I get the same thing from time to time on my 2016 GS-350 AWD. Not sure whats up.
Old 06-04-18, 07:51 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Two ways to update the Traffic and Weather. Do you get HD AM or FM stations in
your area? Tune in your favorite terrestrial station, if you see an "HD" logo in gray
then that station is broadcasting an HD signal. Moments later if will turn gold which
indicates that you are now receiving the enhanced signal. On an HD AM station
try turning the HD on and off and you will be astounded by how much clearer the
sound becomes. When an HD FM station acquires the signal you will have:
1) a bit clearer signal (not as dramatic as AM), 2) The GraceNote picture of the
artist (or a generic genre graphic) will appear and 3) many stations are broadcasting
multiple programs. The base frequency is "HD1", touch Multicast or twist the tuning
**** slightly clockwise to tune in "HD2". Completely different programing.

All of this information regarding HD is in addition to the original question regarding
the weather/traffic updates. If you tune to and have acquired the HD signal for a
minute or two you will now see current and future weather, if you car has Nav you
will also have a Weather Channel Map plus green/yellow/red corridors outlining
major roads on your Nav Map. If you do not get any HD stations in your area or
choose not to listen to one for a couple of minutes each drive cycle then download
Lexus App Suite. Lots of threads on this subject, having LAS running in your phone
with the phone paired to the car will also update Traffic and Weather.
The following 2 users liked this post by mcomer:
buckeye101 (06-05-18), IndyIS (06-04-18)
Old 06-04-18, 05:17 PM
IndyIS
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Two ways to update the Traffic and Weather. Do you get HD AM or FM stations in
your area? Tune in your favorite terrestrial station, if you see an "HD" logo in gray
then that station is broadcasting an HD signal. Moments later if will turn gold which
indicates that you are now receiving the enhanced signal. On an HD AM station
try turning the HD on and off and you will be astounded by how much clearer the
sound becomes. When an HD FM station acquires the signal you will have:
1) a bit clearer signal (not as dramatic as AM), 2) The GraceNote picture of the
artist (or a generic genre graphic) will appear and 3) many stations are broadcasting
multiple programs. The base frequency is "HD1", touch Multicast or twist the tuning
**** slightly clockwise to tune in "HD2". Completely different programing.

All of this information regarding HD is in addition to the original question regarding
the weather/traffic updates. If you tune to and have acquired the HD signal for a
minute or two you will now see current and future weather, if you car has Nav you
will also have a Weather Channel Map plus green/yellow/red corridors outlining
major roads on your Nav Map. If you do not get any HD stations in your area or
choose not to listen to one for a couple of minutes each drive cycle then download
Lexus App Suite. Lots of threads on this subject, having LAS running in your phone
with the phone paired to the car will also update Traffic and Weather.
Thanks for this explanation, really helpful. I wondered why in my new car that sometimes I have traffic and sometimes I don't. In the morning, I listen to non-HD radio most of the time, and sometimes the Lexus App Suite is open, sometimes it's not. Now I can rest.
Old 06-05-18, 10:45 AM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

OK I'm confused are saying I need to tune in to a HD station to get consistent updates for weather and traffic? The issue I see here is if i start the car out side my garage where the system is getting a good signal the weather radar map comes up right after a min or two. But there is times where if it doesn't have a good signal when it first boots ;like if im in a closed area it stays in that (downloading data please wait state) even after driving for a bit this is only the radar weather map I have issue with from time to time.

The other Question is when does the system switch to mobile data when there's no HD signal at all or when the signal is weak?