GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

First Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-18, 01:04 PM
Hemiman81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Lexus

So apparently I’ve fallen in love with Lexus again lol. After writing service at a local Lexus dealer in my early 20s when there body and interior was a little mediocre in my opinion I would always look at other brands like Acura and Mercedes. I had a 93 Acura legend which was a car way before it’s time after I ran that into the ground I bought a 99 3.5 rl over an 02 gs300 which was a mistake. As time went on I got into American muscle cars after dodge came out with the srt line I ended up owning 3 srt’s then switched over to gm. Enjoyed my zl1 camaro until it was stolen then I just lost my desire to drive something nice. After searching autotrader I came across a beautiful white gs350 fsport with red interior (which is a huge upgrade from my 200+ mile Tahoe) and I decided to buy it. It will be here this weekend and i must say I’m pretty excited to be in a Lexus. Im 36 with a family so I think this will be a great cool looking family ride. Only plans for the car is coil overs and possibly a nice set of wheels. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-18, 02:18 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Congrats man, you made a good choice. What kind of coilovers are you going with? Thats actually my ideal color combo, having a black car is very hard to keep clean with pollen around. Probably my favorite mod on my car is the carbon fiber steering wheel or my apexi accell. Adding carbon fiber accents on the outside can look nice as well.
Old 05-08-18, 02:35 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Congrats!! That's the same car I have. What year is the car you picked up?

Agree with e60bmw on adding black/CF accents to the white; I love the panda look (I've done CF roof, bumper insert, door handles, spoiler, mirror bases and gloss black shark fin, mirrors, and front/rear trim). Coils and wheels are great mods to keep it looking sleek yet still personalized. I recently lowered mine but wheels are my next get when these tires eventually wear!

Last edited by np20412; 05-08-18 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-08-18, 02:36 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats on the great find and an even better move to Lexus. You sort of missed out on the old GS. Those were total sleepers, but that was then and you're much wiser now. LOL!!! You'll love the GS. It's my 4th Lexus with the GS400 my first. They have their little quirks, but overall head and shoulders above most.

I can't recommend any upgrades. I usually keep mine bone stock. My current GS didn't come with a spoiler, so I have been eying one of those. In a strange way, I kinda like the sleeper look without the spoiler too, but I have the lux package, so sleeper kinda fits it well. Nothing to see here......................gone!
Welcome to the club. Lots of good info here. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 05-08-18, 07:18 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemiman81
So apparently I’ve fallen in love with Lexus again lol. After writing service at a local Lexus dealer in my early 20s when there body and interior was a little mediocre in my opinion I would always look at other brands like Acura and Mercedes. I had a 93 Acura legend which was a car way before it’s time after I ran that into the ground I bought a 99 3.5 rl over an 02 gs300 which was a mistake. As time went on I got into American muscle cars after dodge came out with the srt line I ended up owning 3 srt’s then switched over to gm. Enjoyed my zl1 camaro until it was stolen then I just lost my desire to drive something nice. After searching autotrader I came across a beautiful white gs350 fsport with red interior (which is a huge upgrade from my 200+ mile Tahoe) and I decided to buy it. It will be here this weekend and i must say I’m pretty excited to be in a Lexus. Im 36 with a family so I think this will be a great cool looking family ride. Only plans for the car is coil overs and possibly a nice set of wheels. Any suggestions?

Welcome aboard! Funny, we also had a '99 3.5RL and before that, a '93 Vigor Our '15 GS is white with the cabernet interior, great choice!

Originally Posted by np20412

Agree with e60bmw on adding black/CF accents to the white; I love the panda look (I've done CF roof, bumper insert, door handles, spoiler, mirror bases and gloss black shark fin, mirrors, and front/rear trim). Coils and wheels are great mods to keep it looking sleek yet still personalized. I recently lowered mine but wheels are my next get when these tires eventually wear!
Seriously beautiful!
The following users liked this post:
np20412 (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 08:25 AM
Hemiman81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Congrats man, you made a good choice. What kind of coilovers are you going with? Thats actually my ideal color combo, having a black car is very hard to keep clean with pollen around. Probably my favorite mod on my car is the carbon fiber steering wheel or my apexi accell. Adding carbon fiber accents on the outside can look nice as well.
not sure on the coilovers my friend. I’ll be doing some research today
Old 05-09-18, 08:31 AM
Hemiman81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rj4510
Congrats on the great find and an even better move to Lexus. You sort of missed out on the old GS. Those were total sleepers, but that was then and you're much wiser now. LOL!!! You'll love the GS. It's my 4th Lexus with the GS400 my first. They have their little quirks, but overall head and shoulders above most.

I can't recommend any upgrades. I usually keep mine bone stock. My current GS didn't come with a spoiler, so I have been eying one of those. In a strange way, I kinda like the sleeper look without the spoiler too, but I have the lux package, so sleeper kinda fits it well. Nothing to see here......................gone!
Welcome to the club. Lots of good info here. Enjoy the new ride.
The old gs’s Were some nice cars especially when they switched to the gs430 with Mark levinson sound systems
Old 05-09-18, 08:34 AM
Hemiman81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by np20412

that is beautiful. I got a 13
Old 05-09-18, 09:02 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats on the Lexus. your family is gonna love it. i know my kids love our GS