GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

First Time at Lexus Dealership - Impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-18, 07:32 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts
Default First Time at Lexus Dealership - Impressed!

I had a brake recall on my 13 GS350 AWD. I scheduled it and drove down to Lexus of Nashville from Bowling Green on Mar 28. WOW! They have a bigger place to take in service than a lot of dealerships have for service! There was a receptionist that took my info and assigned me a service advisor. I spent a little time in the lounge on a phone call. Their lounge is like a first class airline lounge. It took about 15 minutes to get everything squared away and get me on my way in an RX 350 FWD loaner. It had 1/2 a tank of gas. They told me it might take a day or two.

They called mid day Friday, said it was done and I could pick it up that evening or Saturday. Being Good Friday and the beginning of Spring Break in this area, I opted to avoid the Friday holiday traffic.

Me and a car buddy drove down in the RX to get the GS. They washed it, vacuumed it and put a full tank of gas in it! Is this normal?

So, I'm quite impressed and I didn't spend a dime with them.
Old 03-31-18, 11:25 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes normal it's part of any recall process as dealership charges Lexus Usa for this and they basically pay for everything including the gas in your car.
Old 04-01-18, 07:22 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Experience Amazing! I never let them wash mine whenever I take mine in, of course I'm super picky.
Old 04-01-18, 07:35 AM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Yeah. Lexus of Virginia Beach is a well-run operation too. I also don't let them wash my car. Vacuum only.
Old 04-01-18, 08:02 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Mine is Caviar and it took me a week to correct the paint to my standards. A nightmare scenario would be someone else washing my black car. 10 years ago I would've never owned a black car, but advancements in paint care has come a long ways. I have specific rags for specific uses. The Rag Company has any kind of towel you could ever want.
Old 04-01-18, 09:06 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Same treatment here in SoCal, except we don't get full tank of gas. I don't blame them, our gas prices here are ridiculously high. Longo Lexus next to me must be the largest and most profitable dealership in the world.. according to my sister who works for Toyota.
Old 04-01-18, 09:10 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Recall services usually include a full tank of gas. Regular service does not.
Old 04-01-18, 09:57 AM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

My local Lexus dealership does the automatic car wash (not touchless, weather permitting) and vacuum for any regular service but not a full tank of gas. I have never been there for a recall. Recently, they seem to have stopped giving out loaner cars unless the service would take more than two hours. My biggest complaint against my local dealership is they are reluctant to let customers watch their vehicles being worked on.

Not all Lexus dealerships are the same. Here is a bad example:

Old 04-01-18, 03:35 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Experience Amazing! I never let them wash mine whenever I take mine in, of course I'm super picky.
I "let" them wash mine as often as I can get there. They have always done at least 80% as good as I can get it and it only takes 15 minutes. A quick touch up and interior dusting ant it's at 100%. Here in AZ, we're always looking for that perfect time, shade, etc. to wash a car without spots. In the summer, that translates to about 5:00AM. I go with their 80% and sleep in.
Old 04-01-18, 04:22 PM
PGA71
Intermediate

Received 379 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Knucklebus
I had a brake recall on my 13 GS350 AWD. I scheduled it and drove down to Lexus of Nashville from Bowling Green on Mar 28. WOW! They have a bigger place to take in service than a lot of dealerships have for service! There was a receptionist that took my info and assigned me a service advisor. I spent a little time in the lounge on a phone call. Their lounge is like a first class airline lounge. It took about 15 minutes to get everything squared away and get me on my way in an RX 350 FWD loaner. It had 1/2 a tank of gas. They told me it might take a day or two.

They called mid day Friday, said it was done and I could pick it up that evening or Saturday. Being Good Friday and the beginning of Spring Break in this area, I opted to avoid the Friday holiday traffic.

Me and a car buddy drove down in the RX to get the GS. They washed it, vacuumed it and put a full tank of gas in it! Is this normal?

So, I'm quite impressed and I didn't spend a dime with them.
What is the recall?
I have the same car and did not hear anything about a recall unless they already took care for me at one of my last service visits.
Old 04-01-18, 05:16 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Same treatment here in SoCal, except we don't get full tank of gas. I don't blame them, our gas prices here are ridiculously high. Longo Lexus next to me must be the largest and most profitable dealership in the world.. according to my sister who works for Toyota.
I have always gotten a free tank of gas when I’ve taken my cars in for any recall. I know some dealers have the policy of “if you don’t ask, you don’t get.”

BTW...I have been told that Longo has their own gas station in the back.
Old 04-01-18, 08:51 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by PGA71
What is the recall?
I have the same car and did not hear anything about a recall unless they already took care for me at one of my last service visits.
It is a brake sensor. They say it may brake without brake lights or having the pedal pressed. They had to replace or remove the whole brake pedal assembly for the sensor. You can check with your VIN to see if it is outstanding.
Old 04-02-18, 09:01 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Longo has their own pump in the back. I've always gotten a full tank when doing recall work at Longo. Westminster, on the other hand, didn't extend that same courtesy when I did recall work there.

Originally Posted by dchar

I have always gotten a free tank of gas when I’ve taken my cars in for any recall. I know some dealers have the policy of “if you don’t ask, you don’t get.”

BTW...I have been told that Longo has their own gas station in the back.
Old 04-02-18, 09:33 AM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Hopefully they have the same kind of coffee machines they have around here in MA.... that thing is great
Old 04-03-18, 08:39 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I try to avoid handing my key over to anyone as much as I can. Car always comes back with a damage after almost every service.

Quick Reply: First Time at Lexus Dealership - Impressed!