NEED HELP with Multiplex Network Body problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-18, 11:35 AM
mkast179
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy NEED HELP with Multiplex Network Body problem

Hello everyone

I have issue with Multiplex Network Body (MPX BODY). My car is 2013 GS350 Loaded. The problem is sometime I can't turn the car on and I have to plug off the positive battery cable for 30 second than it will works. Also when I drive the car the electric shut off the power and everything turn off for 1 second than it gets back normal. I did computer diagnostic and it shows the problem is from the MPX BODY. There is many type of MPX for 2013 GS350. The sticker on the part has two number the first one is 89221-30332 and the second one is 238000-3810. I had check it online and I find it. but the second number is not the same that I have which is 238000-3811. what is the second number for?

This link has 5 type for Multiplex Network Body and my car Vehicle Options is GRL10. it shows all of them it will fit.

https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?Vin=JTHBE1BL1D5012480&Filter=()&SubCategoryUrl=switch-relay-computer&Diagram=&PartNumbers=&PNC=89221

this is the one on my car
Old 03-29-18, 09:12 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Quick Question what did you use to know Multiplex Network Body (MPX BODY) was bad i have a 2014 lexus gs350 my door sill is not working and my foot light i checked all the fuses i tapped a wire on the door sill and after that it stopped working but its getting power and its working i checked it with a power tester but once i touch negative or gound the door sill it works normally. Someone told me the multiplex computer the ground is bad since its not working how can i check how do i know?
Old 03-29-18, 01:16 PM
mkast179
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by khizr23
Hey Quick Question what did you use to know Multiplex Network Body (MPX BODY) was bad i have a 2014 lexus gs350 my door sill is not working and my foot light i checked all the fuses i tapped a wire on the door sill and after that it stopped working but its getting power and its working i checked it with a power tester but once i touch negative or gound the door sill it works normally. Someone told me the multiplex computer the ground is bad since its not working how can i check how do i know?
I did the same things that you did. So I took the car to someone has experience with electric to make sure from the issue. He told me the problem is from MPX computer after he also checked the JUNCTION BOX and other related electric parts. So I was living in US and I exported my car back home in Saudi Arabia. Our Lexus Dealer told me you have to get the part from US because it is different version than middle east version. I call Lexus dealer in US They give me the part number for MPX that fit on my car which is 8922030730 and the number on the sticker is 89221-30332 which is the pass code number not the part number and the second number on the sticker They don't have any idea about it They said there is no information in our system about these numbers on the sticker!! So I order a used one from eBay for 100$ and it comes with JUNCTION BOX also. The new MPX price is 550$. I'm waiting the part to ship to me. I will update you when I get install it.
Old 12-13-18, 07:44 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyupdate on getting this fixed
Old 01-01-19, 03:56 PM
mkast179
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by khizr23
Anyupdate on getting this fixed
Hey! Sorry for replying late. Yes I had fix the issue and everything run great since that day. So I find the part on Ebay from Salvage part which is MPX NETWORK MODULE W/ JUNCTION BOX for 100$ it was a great deal, but make sure it is match the number on the same yours and same futures options. Also you still need to program the unit after you install it and the Dealer who the only one can do this. I don't know how mush the dealer will charge you for that even here in Saudi Arabia they did not accepted my car because It is from USA market!! So I was lucky I find someone he was working over there for long and he help me to programming the car for 150$. Before you doing this try to program your car first and check after. good luck!
The following users liked this post:
iThol (07-06-21)