GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS350 Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-18, 04:46 AM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by enoren
Also worth consideration is the F-Sport has a staggered setup, so the tires can't be rotated all around. 80 miles a day means you'll go through tires faster on the F-Sport.
true, but only on rwd models. Awd f sports are non staggered. Even so, i would still get the f sport knowing i couldnt rotate.
Old 02-17-18, 05:10 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

I have an 18 F-Sport RWD. I was going to get the wider rear wheels so I could rotate, unfortunately the rear wheels won't clear the front calipers.
Old 02-17-18, 03:50 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last night I purchased the F Sport for $33K at .9% financing through Lexus. It's L-Certified with the tires & rear brakes brand new and the front brakes were almost new. I've only driven it twice, from the dealer to my home and then once to go get milk. Best trip to get milk I've ever had! Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm very happy with the purchase and bought the Lexus Platinum VSA (coverage through 3/2024) and prepaid maintenance (maintenance through the 85K service). Unfortunately, they could not extend it to the 90K - total bummer. The Mark Levinson sound system is phenomenal!

How do I update the vehicles in my signature below?
Old 02-17-18, 05:32 PM
ReggieFish
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayson
Last night I purchased the F Sport for $33K at .9% financing through Lexus. It's L-Certified with the tires & rear brakes brand new and the front brakes were almost new. I've only driven it twice, from the dealer to my home and then once to go get milk. Best trip to get milk I've ever had! Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm very happy with the purchase and bought the Lexus Platinum VSA (coverage through 3/2024) and prepaid maintenance (maintenance through the 85K service). Unfortunately, they could not extend it to the 90K - total bummer. The Mark Levinson sound system is phenomenal!

Congratulations! Very exciting.

I haven't heard a good stereo system in years, so I'm looking forward to hearing the ML on a test drive.
Old 02-22-18, 06:06 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,134 Likes on 841 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayson

Congrats on the purchase - any pics to share of the new ride?

To update your signature, login to the forum and click on your name in the welcome section in the upper right side, then click on "User CP" on the subsequent profile screen (upper left). Once the User CP appears, click on "Edit Signature."
Old 02-23-18, 07:43 PM
Jayson
Advanced

[QUOTE=AJLex19;10120740]Congrats on the purchase - any pics to share of the new ride? /QUOTE]

Sure! But I can't figure out how to upload/attach a picture.
Old 02-28-18, 05:57 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations how do you like it so far?
Old 03-02-18, 03:37 AM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I purchased a Grey F Sport AWD with 27k miles on 2/28 to get the 0.9% financing. Traded in my wife’s first car (06 IS250). It was going to be 100k maintenance time and it was about to be 12 years old. Hopefully this one lasts me just as long.
Old 03-02-18, 04:43 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Congratulations you're going to love it.
Old 03-02-18, 04:49 AM
anish3232
Driver

Thanks. Everything about the car is great, however the dealership I bought it from sucked. Sales lady was rude from the beginning and unhelpful including her manager. Finance person was great however. I gave her an offer and acted like it was an insult. She said I can’t take this back there. They won’t accept it. I got angry and said take it, you haven’t even tried. Bought the car for $500 above that offer. So she was terrible to deal with, I think she thought this was my first big car purchase but I’ve bought 6 cars in the last 8 years.
Old 03-02-18, 05:35 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anish3232
Thanks. Everything about the car is great, however the dealership I bought it from sucked. Sales lady was rude from the beginning and unhelpful including her manager. Finance person was great however. I gave her an offer and acted like it was an insult. She said I can’t take this back there. They won’t accept it. I got angry and said take it, you haven’t even tried. Bought the car for $500 above that offer. So she was terrible to deal with, I think she thought this was my first big car purchase but I’ve bought 6 cars in the last 8 years.
Sorry you had a bad purchase experience, The car will make up for it, some people don't have any people skills. Again congratulations.
Old 03-02-18, 07:07 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by anish3232
Which dealership? There are only 2 in Kentucky. I don't count the Rivercenter dealership in Cincinnati.
Old 03-03-18, 07:59 PM
anish3232
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Which dealership? There are only 2 in Kentucky. I don't count the Rivercenter dealership in Cincinnati.
I live in Lexington, and that dealership is awesome. However I purchased this car from Rivercenter, glad I won’t have to go there again.
The following users liked this post:
jtrue28 (03-04-18)
Old 03-08-18, 05:53 PM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I bought my ES from Rivercenter. The most miserable and unhelpful dealership I have ever used.
Old 03-09-18, 08:48 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Originally Posted by Superman60
Congratulations how do you like it so far?
Absolutely love it! Very happy that I paid a little extra and went with the F Sport model vs. the base. The handling is superb although I have to admit the car stays in ECO Mode more than I'd like to admit. This car is my commuter and only when I'm returning home from the airport on a later flight can I really open the car up on the tollway (where there's no traffic). The only thing that drives me a little crazy is the Bluetooth and Pandora in the Lexus Suite. Every time I plug my phone into the car to charge it while listening to Pandora through the Enform Suite, the sounds cuts out. It's as though the audio system gets confused or something. Am I crazy?

Quick Reply: GS350 Purchase Advice