GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Remote start 2014 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-17, 11:50 AM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Remote start 2014 F-sport

Hey Guys ! Im new to the forum so bear with me . Bought a 2014 Fsport In June, car is amazingg ! Havent done much to it but considering installing a remote start, its dropping to the low 20's here in Jersey. Would love to hear recommendations on which system to use? Viper , Avital etc ? Also if anyone had any issues after installing the remote start such as having to replace the starter or battery? Had a Viper 2-way remote start installed on my Nissan Pathfinder and had to replace both things shortly after. Was reading that the car can be started thru the enform app but found mixed information on whether the 2014 model has this option? Thank you all for your help !
Old 12-16-17, 12:28 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Edlcworld
Hey Guys ! Im new to the forum so bear with me . Bought a 2014 Fsport In June, car is amazingg ! Havent done much to it but considering installing a remote start, its dropping to the low 20's here in Jersey. Would love to hear recommendations on which system to use? Viper , Avital etc ? Also if anyone had any issues after installing the remote start such as having to replace the starter or battery? Had a Viper 2-way remote start installed on my Nissan Pathfinder and had to replace both things shortly after. Was reading that the car can be started thru the enform app but found mixed information on whether the 2014 model has this option? Thank you all for your help !
No enform remote start for 2014, started for 2015. I had my local installer install remote starter. He installs them for Princeton Lexus. Mines work with factory remote do not have a extra key fob. Others have installed viper and other brands with succes. I have had zero issues with starter, I replaced my battery 3 weeks(had remote start for 2 years) ago. It was factory battery and from what I've read people was only getting a good 3 years from them.

mike
The following users liked this post:
Edlcworld (12-16-17)
Old 12-16-17, 01:14 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

There is a factory option for $300. Uses factory remote, so you must be in range, but it's guaranteed to not mess with the car.
Edlcworld (12-16-17)
Old 12-16-17, 01:38 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Originally Posted by jonathancl
There is a factory option for $300. Uses factory remote, so you must be in range, but it's guaranteed to not mess with the car.

Thats great. Does anyone have a link?
Edlcworld (12-16-17)
Old 12-16-17, 02:26 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...l#post10018164
Old 12-16-17, 08:36 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Thanks everyone for the reply !
Old 12-16-17, 10:35 PM
Pacman9270
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't waste your money on the factory remote start like I did. Go aftermarket. It has range of 80ft in open space, key fob process is cumbersome, and the car cuts off when you open the door(makes absolutely no sense to me). I say this as a person that loves my 14 gs350 fsport.
Old 12-17-17, 06:34 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
No enform remote start for 2014, started for 2015. I had my local installer install remote starter. He installs them for Princeton Lexus. Mines work with factory remote do not have a extra key fob. Others have installed viper and other brands with succes. I have had zero issues with starter, I replaced my battery 3 weeks(had remote start for 2 years) ago. It was factory battery and from what I've read people was only getting a good 3 years from them.

mike
How much did It cost to have the factory one installed by your local installer? Still indecisive about going aftermarket or factory? Read some negative reviews about the factory keyfob range but also want to be on the safe side. Thanks.
Old 12-17-17, 08:27 PM
CTNYC
Rookie

http://www.lexusofedison.com/ServiceAndPartsSpecials_D

Lexus of Edison has it listed for $399 with service coupon. Not sure if its lexus/OEM part, but I do remember BRAM Lexus Stores (Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn) had the same $399 coupon listed. Since it is getting colder, I'm tempted to get it done. Asked my (closest/local) dealership, and they quoted $900 for it to work from my key fob (sounds OEM) or $1300 for it to work from my smart phone. This is from a DC area dealership. I'm planning on giving Lexus of Edison a call - Would be thrilled if I could get OEM remote start and my 60k service done for less than $1500...
Edlcworld (12-18-17)
Old 12-18-17, 10:04 AM
polo2883
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also looking for one. My local dealer said OEM is not an option since they no longer sell it or support it with the 2015 GS350. They said the only option is after market.

I called around and a local shop can do an aftermarket one for $239 and have it work with the OEM FOB.
Old 12-18-17, 03:29 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

I paid $350 installed. The range do suck but I didnt want to have 2 key fobs.

How much did It cost to have the factory one installed by your local installer? Still indecisive about going aftermarket or factory? Read some negative reviews about the factory keyfob range but also want to be on the safe side. Thanks.
Edlcworld (12-18-17)
Old 12-18-17, 05:33 PM
kdl001
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2013 GS and had had an OEM Remote Start installed last month. I purchased it online at Lexuspartsnow.com and then had a local Toyota dealership install for a lot less than the Lexus dealership wanted. The installation instructions came with it and I could have installed it myself if I had the Toyota computer or maybe the Carista App. If it could initialize the module. Just by looking at the instructions it appears to be plug and play with three plug in connections and then have the computer activate the it.

I think I paid two hours labor or about $200.00 for the install. I was hoping I would be able to start my car from my office which I can, but I'm on the second floor and that probably helps with the range which I would estimate is more 100 feet or more.
Edlcworld (12-18-17)
Old 12-18-17, 06:47 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Thanks ! Edison is about an hour and a half deive for me. Worth the drive for that price. Unfortunately my local dealer does not that have the special which is only 5 minutes from my house.
Originally Posted by CTNYC
http://www.lexusofedison.com/ServiceAndPartsSpecials_D

Lexus of Edison has it listed for $399 with service coupon. Not sure if its lexus/OEM part, but I do remember BRAM Lexus Stores (Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn) had the same $399 coupon listed. Since it is getting colder, I'm tempted to get it done. Asked my (closest/local) dealership, and they quoted $900 for it to work from my key fob (sounds OEM) or $1300 for it to work from my smart phone. This is from a DC area dealership. I'm planning on giving Lexus of Edison a call - Would be thrilled if I could get OEM remote start and my 60k service done for less than $1500...
Old 12-18-17, 06:50 PM
Edlcworld
Rookie

Same I do not want to have 2 key fobs, have it with my other car and its just too much of a hassle. The viper smartphone option caught my option but it still requires you to have an extra keyfob, will pass just for that reason. Thanks for all the information!
Originally Posted by mikesd1980
I paid $350 installed. The range do suck but I didnt want to have 2 key fobs.
Old 12-18-17, 07:19 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Same I do not want to have 2 key fobs, have it with my other car and its just too much of a hassle. The viper smartphone option caught my option but it still requires you to have an extra keyfob, will pass just for that reason. Thanks for all the information!

you can get the credit card size fob and keep it 8n your wallet.
Edlcworld (12-18-17)

Quick Reply: Remote start 2014 F-sport