Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a full catback Invidia for sale if anyone interested
Old 11-01-17, 07:54 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmike177
Following up, did Carson Toyota ever deliver the Joe Z catback exhaust for your GS350?
If so, how long did it take from order time to receive it?

Thanks
Nope, still haven't received it. Ordered beginning of August, and have been in contact with Luis from Carson Toyota every week on status. Looks like Joe Z has completed production and about ready to ship it to Carson, but they are attending SEMA this week so that might delay their delivery -_-
Old 11-03-17, 12:06 PM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the update, if it's not too much trouble, please post when the JoeZ catback has been delivered.... 3 months after ordering seems like a long time. I received an email inquiry that they will have it in 2 weeks after placing an order, which doesn't seem to jive....

Originally Posted by TrevorTran
Nope, still haven't received it. Ordered beginning of August, and have been in contact with Luis from Carson Toyota every week on status. Looks like Joe Z has completed production and about ready to ship it to Carson, but they are attending SEMA this week so that might delay their delivery -_-
Old 11-03-17, 12:10 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Thanks for the update, if it's not too much trouble, please post when the JoeZ catback has been delivered.... 3 months after ordering seems like a long time. I received an email inquiry that they will have it in 2 weeks after placing an order, which doesn't seem to jive....
I ordered mine from ModInJapan it was shipped couple days after placing order. Super fast shipping. 3 months wait seems very long. Been thinking about selling mine.
Old 11-03-17, 12:13 PM
TrevorTran
Driver

When did you place your order? I initially got a 2 week turnaround too, but I'm assuming something must have happened in the months of August and September where there was no product made at all. Luis from Carson wasn't getting any response from them so we were left hanging.
Old 11-03-17, 03:32 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I ordered my cat back from mod in Japan. I waited about 2 to 3 months for my exhaust. I think it depends on Joe Z production and if he have any in stock.

Originally Posted by jdpdata
I ordered mine from ModInJapan it was shipped couple days after placing order. Super fast shipping. 3 months wait seems very long. Been thinking about selling mine.
Old 11-14-17, 08:44 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

I picked up the exhaust at Carson Toyota this past Friday (11/10) and had it installed at Tommys Music Box in El Monte, CA yesterday (11/13).
Luis at Carson told me that he has 2 more catbacks in stock right now. Apparently Joe Z's production was waiting for the resonator part of the exhaust to be completed, which held up production this entire time.
I'll write up a review of the exhaust after I get more seat time with it. So far so good, but I think the drone on my daily commute may get to me sooner rather than later
The following users liked this post:
itsmike177 (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 08:48 AM
itsmike177
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the update! I'm still pondering the decision due to the drone.... please let us know if it's bearable after break-in. New exhausts are really loud for the first 200-500 miles.

I picked up the exhaust at Carson Toyota this past Friday (11/10) and had it installed at Tommys Music Box in El Monte, CA yesterday (11/13).
Luis at Carson told me that he has 2 more catbacks in stock right now. Apparently Joe Z's production was waiting for the resonator part of the exhaust to be completed, which held up production this entire time.
I'll write up a review of the exhaust after I get more seat time with it. So far so good, but I think the drone on my daily commute may get to me sooner rather than later
TrevorTran (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 08:56 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Originally Posted by OreoSlinky
i have JoeZ mid pipes and stock mufflers, no drone. i had the full catbacks but it was a little too loud with drone for my daily drive (30-50MPH at 4am....)
With Joe Z mid pipes and stock mufflers, do you get the same cold start noise and exhaust pitch? I can't seem to drown out the drone with the full catback with my music on loud. I also start my commute at 4am so the initial cold start is quite loud. I have to shift into Drive immediately after start to lower the revs before opening the garage and creeping out.
Old 11-14-17, 09:05 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I think any catback system is going to drone. I have the JoeZ catback and love it, but the drone does occasionally get irksome. I did purchase some silencers talked about on the ISF forum and they did quiet things down pretty nicely. You are losing the gains made from installing a cat back though due to the restrictions. It’s a worthy trade off for me.
TrevorTran (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 09:21 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts

Planning to have Tommy remove my JoeZ this week. The droning is unbearable. And I only drive my GS on the weekends. Can't imagine daily commuting with this exhaust.
It will only get louder once it's settle in. And will rattles everything in your car.
Will be selling mine. Will be done a Tommy's Music Box as well.
Old 11-14-17, 09:51 AM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Many people go with Invidia catback because of the very minimal drone but having a slight rasp on the high rpms. A few have gotten creative with getting the invidia mid pipe and pairing it with the JoeZ axle back to get the best of both worlds.
TrevorTran (11-14-17)
Old 11-14-17, 10:02 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
I think any catback system is going to drone. I have the JoeZ catback and love it, but the drone does occasionally get irksome. I did purchase some silencers talked about on the ISF forum and they did quiet things down pretty nicely. You are losing the gains made from installing a cat back though due to the restrictions. It €™s a worthy trade off for me.
What silencers are we talking about here? Any links or references? I have been hearing a lot about Helmholtz resonators that cancel out the frequency of the drone, but not sure how to apply that to the current set up.
Old 11-14-17, 11:23 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

What silencers are we talking about here? Any links or references? I have been hearing a lot about Helmholtz resonators that cancel out the frequency of the drone, but not sure how to apply that to the current set up.
Here’s my post on them:

I posted this a few weeks back in the ISF section.

Ordered these over the weekend and installed them this evening (gotta love Prime lol). The JoeZ catback gets raucous between 1200 and 1800 rpm and these really calmed it down. According to my super (duper) accurate phone dB app, I dropped 4.7 dB but the difference is amazing in terms of lower frequencies vibrating through into the cabin. Merely a hum!

BUT there’s the power loss. It’s noticeable.
The (tiny) torque gained from the catback is lost with these restricting exhaust flow again. I think it’s worth it though. The cabin is quiet again. And the girl approves so all is well lol.

Time will tell if they’re too restrictive to cause an issue I guess...

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-14-17, 12:49 PM
TrevorTran
Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
Here €™s my post on them:
Looks like it works...how do you install it though? Cut a hole in your exhaust to feed it through? Or is it screwed onto the end of the muffler? Sorry haven't seen or used anything like this before, so I'm a total noob at this

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhausts