GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

are the 2013 F-Sport rims a different color?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-17, 11:16 AM
HPLouis
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default are the 2013 F-Sport rims a different color?

Hi,
I have the tire and rim warranty on the wife's car so we had them refinished. I don't know if I'm going crazy but this is how they use to look:

They were like a gunmetal color

Now, after the refinishing, they look like this:

I noticed they looked a little more 'bluish' than brownish. My wife noticed the same thing.

Here's another one:

See how the back rim looks bluish....but the front one looks less because of the shade.

Both rims are clean to so it's not brake dust darkening the wheels.

Are the rims on a non-F-Sport colored different than a F-Sport? I've been doing Google searches and I can't find it.

Thanks

Last edited by HPLouis; 09-01-17 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-01-17, 01:06 PM
Nasrul3698
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

non f sport rims are lighter than the f sport ones
Old 09-01-17, 01:53 PM
HPLouis
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nasrul3698
non f sport rims are lighter than the f sport ones
Damn, they must have made a mistake.

Are the non F-Sport rims the same style but lighter in color?
Old 09-01-17, 11:55 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by HPLouis
Damn, they must have made a mistake.

Are the non F-Sport rims the same style but lighter in color?
18" Non-F Sport wheels on the 13-15 models are a few shades lighter in color than the F-Sport wheels. However, i'd be concerned that they didn't finish the wheel correctly with the right color...if you do a search for F Sport Touch Up you'll find threads where other members have touched-up their F-Sport wheels with either a metallic grey or shadow/phantom grey toyota touch up color.

In any case, none of the lexus wheel finishes are bluish but it is possible that in some lighting the grey may take on some shadowing or look differently...I recommend taking it to the dealership to compare to another stock F-Sport with the same wheel to see if they made a mistake when refinishing.
Old 09-02-17, 08:25 AM
HPLouis
Rookie

Originally Posted by AJLex19
18" Non-F Sport wheels on the 13-15 models are a few shades lighter in color than the F-Sport wheels. However, i'd be concerned that they didn't finish the wheel correctly with the right color...if you do a search for F Sport Touch Up you'll find threads where other members have touched-up their F-Sport wheels with either a metallic grey or shadow/phantom grey toyota touch up color.

In any case, none of the lexus wheel finishes are bluish but it is possible that in some lighting the grey may take on some shadowing or look differently...I recommend taking it to the dealership to compare to another stock F-Sport with the same wheel to see if they made a mistake when refinishing.
Thanks. I'll head out there
Old 09-04-17, 09:50 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

The F-sport rims are very difficult to refinish individually and have them match. When I had my 2013, the tire shop gouged one of the rims pretty bad. The shop said they took it to a "reputable" rim repair company, but the end result was disappointing (lighter shade of grey). I didn't get on their case too much since the lease was almost up on that car. Fast forward to my 2015, the dealer accidentally scraped my rim during a service. They attempted to refinish it, but again, the end result was disappointing (felt rough and didn't have the same level of glossiness). They were nice enough to switch it out for a new one.

Good luck on getting them to match. If the dealer can't match, maybe they can have all four repainted.
Old 09-04-17, 12:25 PM
HPLouis
Rookie

Originally Posted by dchar
The F-sport rims are very difficult to refinish individually and have them match. When I had my 2013, the tire shop gouged one of the rims pretty bad. The shop said they took it to a "reputable" rim repair company, but the end result was disappointing (lighter shade of grey). I didn't get on their case too much since the lease was almost up on that car. Fast forward to my 2015, the dealer accidentally scraped my rim during a service. They attempted to refinish it, but again, the end result was disappointing (felt rough and didn't have the same level of glossiness). They were nice enough to switch it out for a new one.

Good luck on getting them to match. If the dealer can't match, maybe they can have all four repainted.
Hi,
It was all four. At least they have them all the same color, even though it's lighter and more bluish than brownish