GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What is the most quite and comfortable tire?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-17, 12:41 PM
ChronoR
Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Has anyone tried both the Continental DWS06 and the Pirelli P7?

They're in difference performance classes so I'm curious how great the differences are.
Old 09-01-17, 12:49 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by vuong05
Would the P7 work for a F Sport? Or should I go for the slightly more performance/connected feel of the AS 3 while sacrificing some quietness?

Lots of good discussion in this thread, thanks guys.
It all depends on your driving style. My son with Bimmer M3 will finish Michelin performance tires in 1 and half season at the most. He drives hard. For winter
he drives 328iX with Nokian winter tires. Lasts about 3 seasons. Tire choice should be based on driving style, what vehicle you have, economy. UTQG is a number
you can look. Whatever you choose, IMO tires are most important part of your car. Your life depends of few square inches of rubber in contact with road surface at
4 corners. Likewise when you select after market rims get the ones for your car's needs and ones you can trust.
Old 09-01-17, 12:51 PM
Boombai
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the continental dws06...honestly its okaay, i was expecting something great after hearing the reviews, but its normal. Good tires i think tho! I'll probably try something different next time
Old 09-01-17, 01:05 PM
ChronoR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Boombai
I got the continental dws06...honestly its okaay, i was expecting something great after hearing the reviews, but its normal. Good tires i think tho! I'll probably try something different next time
Where were you expecting it to wow you? I probably read the same reviews as you so I'd like to hear your thoughts about noise, smoothness, wet grip and snow grip. I'm on the stock Primacy MXM4 for which I could only say... honestly its okaay as well
Old 09-01-17, 01:07 PM
Boombai
Driver

yea i was expecting a wow moment, and i had it for a sec right after i pulled out of the tire store. then i couldn't tell anymore haha. Grip is good, its not loud or anything, but i wouldn't call it quiet, ride is fairly smooth too. i guess it depends on the road too.
Old 09-01-17, 01:18 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I don't know about your roads in the States, but in Canada they vary from new and smooth and every tire is quiet to, pot holes, ruts, construction, gravel, sand, cracked, patch marks, and no tire is smooth, quiet or grips well.

Some good information posted here.

Just noticed that CTC has Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 on sale....$204

Last edited by FastFord; 09-01-17 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-01-17, 03:36 PM
ChronoR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FastFord
Nice tip! Time to price-match to Kal Tire lol
Old 09-01-17, 05:34 PM
atrac7
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another question on the AS3 vs the P7....in terms of aesthetics can one tell a difference between the two on our cars? Ideally I would want tires that would be a somewhat "sportier" looking as well. I am torn still on the P7 vs AS3....so right now I am flipping the coin by choosing with looks as the last variable...
Old 09-04-17, 03:58 PM
ssjkev16
Rookie

Originally Posted by FastFord
I don't know about your roads in the States, but in Canada they vary from new and smooth and every tire is quiet to, pot holes, ruts, construction, gravel, sand, cracked, patch marks, and no tire is smooth, quiet or grips well.

Some good information posted here.

Where/what is CTC?
Old 09-04-17, 06:07 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Originally Posted by ssjkev16
Where/what is CTC?
I think CTC stands for 'Canadian Tire Corporation'.
Old 09-04-17, 07:03 PM
vuong05
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Bingo! Surprised you were able to figure that out. I'm Canadian and sometimes need to pause and think about that one.
Old 09-04-17, 07:05 PM
ssjkev16
Rookie

Bingo! Surprised you were able to figure that out. I'm Canadian and sometimes need to pause and think about that one.
That's what I was thinking at first, but I'm just not use to people referring Canadian Tire to CTC, as most would just refer to them as CT... I was just thinking it could be another site or retailer for tires that I was not aware of...
Old 09-05-17, 07:54 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Where/what is CTC?
Originally Posted by bclexus
That's what I was thinking at first, but I'm just not use to people referring Canadian Tire to CTC, as most would just refer to them as CT... I was just thinking it could be another site or retailer for tires that I was not aware of...
And, here I am in Dallas, Texas...
The following users liked this post:
vuong05 (09-05-17)
Old 09-05-17, 08:45 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Boombai
yea i was expecting a wow moment, and i had it for a sec right after i pulled out of the tire store. then i couldn't tell anymore haha. Grip is good, its not loud or anything, but i wouldn't call it quiet, ride is fairly smooth too. i guess it depends on the road too.
They are a good tire and you can get some really good deals on them but I don't think they or really any tire is going to really wow someone or transform the way the car feels and drives unless they had really crappy/worn tires on before which is what happened when I replaced my well worn last leg Pilot Sport Summers with Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's, the Khumo's were very noticeably smoother and quieter and changed the way the car drove for the better. I think the combination of good tread life, good quality, ultra high performance all season tire, some extra snow capability, and attractive prices make them one of the better buys out there. I was not wowed either when I got them because the tire I had on previously was very smooth and felt similar but the Continentals felt solid and I knew I got a good tire for a great deal.
Old 09-05-17, 09:38 AM
2GR
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The Michelin Premier A/S appears to be one of the highest rated tires out there but it's not offered in a 235/45/18.
Has anyone installed the 245/45/18's and had any issues? It's only 10mm wider but does it mount ok ro the rim?

Quick Reply: What is the most quite and comfortable tire?