GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013-2015 F-Sport Fog light kit options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-17, 01:04 PM
TheWizard
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2013-2015 F-Sport Fog light kit options?

Can anyone please recommend a complete high quality, plug n play kit fog light kit for the 2013-2015 GS F-Sport? Does a kit exist or do I have to piece it together?
Complete kit would include:
OEM fog light bezels
Fog lights (with bulbs or projectors etc) Would like the Kelvin rating to match or be close to the headlights
Plug-n-Play wiring harness (with the correct lengths and adequate gauge)

OEM stalk with fog light control (sold separately outside the kit)

I also see some places claim OEM fog light bezels while others say OEM STYLE fog light bezels. I imagine this is done to accommodate different setups? But is the quality and fitment of the bezels up to OE standards?

Take for example, this seller on Amazon, which I think I may have seen on here:
Amazon Amazon

He offers 3 kits. Would any of the kits (bezels and fog lights) be considered the same as the OE Lexus parts offered on Japan's GS 350's?
Which of the 3 kits, if any, would you recommend? I'm torn between kit 2 and 3 at the moment.

Since PhotoBucket royally screwed the internet, most of the threads I search through no longer have pictures shown.
Please share where you got your fog light kit, or parts
Let me know what you think of the overall quality
Let me know if it was Plug-n-Play
Feel free to share pics

Thank you!
Old 08-27-17, 01:14 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Nigel in the vendor sell a complete foglight kit. I brought it from him, I did the cluster icon way.
Old 08-27-17, 07:35 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,129 Likes on 838 Posts

I've used iJDMToy products in the past and although I don't have specific experience with their 4GS OEM F Sport Fog Light Bezel kit, they've gotten good reviews overall and the prices/customer service are typically top notch:

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/Genuine-JD...s-p/70-618.htm

You can also go the OEM route and buy the bezels and fog lamp bulb/housing: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...em-switch.html

I have the standard OEM fogs since i have a non-F sport and I installed aftermarked PIAA plasma ION yellow yellow bulbs. I really like the look and the yellow is actually usable/helpful in bad weather. Scroll down in this thread to see my previous post with pics: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...eadlights.html

Last edited by AJLex19; 08-27-17 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-27-17, 09:00 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

If you have a late model 2015, you'll need to alsobuy an older year's washer reservoir as the stock newer one are too big.
Old 08-29-17, 07:45 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by j.Veezy68
If you have a late model 2015, you'll need to alsobuy an older year's washer reservoir as the stock newer one are too big.
The washer resevoir goes down that far it interferes with a fog lamp install?

-Mike
Old 08-30-17, 01:48 PM
FuzedOne
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's mine and I actually went with the NigelJDM LED fog light kit, but I opted out of the OEM stalk. I Love it!

Old 08-30-17, 01:59 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrant
The washer resevoir goes down that far it interferes with a fog lamp install?

-Mike
check this out:

and then click on the "FAQ/INSTALL" tab.
Old 09-01-17, 10:40 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by j.Veezy68
check this out:

and then click on the "FAQ/INSTALL" tab.
Does anyone know what the cutoff point is for manufacture date? I have a 2015 but I have to figure out what month it was made. I'd rather not have to rip the bumper/housing apart only to find out that I'm SOL. Unless you can just look in the engine compartment and tell the difference right away...

-Mike
Old 07-19-18, 02:37 PM
Slickride
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fog lights

Which brand of lights did you end up installing? Any feedback?. Issues with installation and quality. Did it last long or did it fail after a few months. I have been searching for some time now and wants to do the same. Ijdmtoys and motorsports have bad reviews. Looking for alternatives. Thanks
Old 07-22-18, 06:27 AM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I finally installed the OEM (Non U.S.) projector fogs on my car. It looks good, has a good cut off and adds a lot of pure white light to the road.

Old 07-22-18, 10:50 AM
DubbG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys - I have a 2015 GS F Sport and recently installed fog lights. I ordered the different washer box, and it was either the wrong one, or ? - Any ways, we were able to install the fog lights with using zip ties on the existing washer box to pivot it back 1.5" in order to get the fog lights to fit. It was a pain in butt, but its worth it.
Old 07-22-18, 05:33 PM
Coolchuck
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Davenlei
I finally installed the OEM (Non U.S.) projector fogs on my car. It looks good, has a good cut off and adds a lot of pure white light to the road.

I like. Where did you get them?
Old 07-22-18, 09:57 PM
JLRespTher
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DubbG
Hi Guys - I have a 2015 GS F Sport and recently installed fog lights. I ordered the different washer box, and it was either the wrong one, or ? - Any ways, we were able to install the fog lights with using zip ties on the existing washer box to pivot it back 1.5" in order to get the fog lights to fit. It was a pain in butt, but its worth it.
did you have any issue as far as using the windshield washier fluid after it’s pushed back?

i have a 15’ f sport and I want to do the fog light install but I’m not sure my car is the one with the larger washer box
Old 07-23-18, 06:44 AM
DugEFresh
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyone know the part number of the smaller washer fluid reservoir, was told I need the smaller one. can't find a part number for it. My GS was built in May of 2015, which I'm told is a later built one for that model year.
Have the iJDMToy fogs and would like to get them on my car.
Old 07-23-18, 01:25 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolchuck
I like. Where did you get them?
i actually got them from someone selling them in the marketplace in this forum. I believe the parts were from Russia originally.

I looked up the Toyota/Lexus part numbers and it brought up some Russian Lexus parts sites.

Quick Reply: 2013-2015 F-Sport Fog light kit options?