GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Lease End Options: What should I be looking out for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-17, 03:11 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Lexus Lease End Options: What should I be looking out for?

Received this email today (see below) about my 2015 GS F Sport. Love the car but eager to move on to either a GS F or new 2018 LS F Sport, with Tesla Model S also in the running. What should I expect going into this? Will they make me a great offer because of the lease return?

We hope this letter finds you well. Our records indicate that your 2015 GS is set to mature in 12/XX/2017. We are here to assist you transition out of your lease early and possibly minimize or eliminate any excess wear/tear or mileage fees that you may incur at the end of your lease.

Within the Loyalty Department, it is our responsibility to monitor your portfolio, inform you of the current incentives, and ensure that you receive the best financial options available. Lexus Financial Services’ lease maturity guidelines change every year and our goal is to help you avoid any possible penalties; whether you plan on renewing your lease, buying out, and/or turning in your lease.

If you decide to buy out your lease, please contact us at your earliest convenience to avoid increasing interest rates and to go over important details. If you're possibly thinking of renewing, we highly recommend taking advantage of the 3 month payment waiver program. This allows you to save your remaining payments and waive the $350 disposition fee to get into a new Lexus. As a valued Lexus guest, we want to ensure that you have a very smooth and simple transaction and meet your needs at the same time. Planning ahead before maturity is always in your best interest.

Please contact us so we can assist you in the upcoming months as you get closer to your lease end and arrange a visit with your sales consultant. Due to the high volume of lease accounts maturing, it is in your best interest to set a VIP appointment to make sure you are well taken care of.

Thank you so much and we look forward to assisting you.

Again, this is my first lease and therefore my first lease return, so I'm looking for some suggestions on how to make the most of the opportunity.
Old 08-25-17, 04:05 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely take advantage of the 3 month waiver and make sure the dealer excludes any excessive wear and tear and/or over mileage fees on your lease turn in. This way you don't have to worry about receiving a bill in the mail from Lexus Financial 90 days later. I didn't think about this and got charged over $2,000 for fees. Thankfully I wrote Lexus customer relations corporate and they reimbursed me for the fees.
The following users liked this post:
jonathancl (08-26-17)
Old 08-25-17, 04:46 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Go visit your dealer and check out your options. They will of course try their best to put you in a new Lexus. Now is a great time to be getting into something new.
Old 08-25-17, 05:02 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by dwayne4lex
Definitely take advantage of the 3 month waiver and make sure the dealer excludes any excessive wear and tear and/or over mileage fees on your lease turn in. This way you don't have to worry about receiving a bill in the mail from Lexus Financial 90 days later. I didn't think about this and got charged over $2,000 for fees. Thankfully I wrote Lexus customer relations corporate and they reimbursed me for the fees.
Whoaaaa what was included in that $2000!
Old 08-26-17, 12:08 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
Whoaaaa what was included in that $2000!
Lol....I was at least 10,000 miles over the mileage limit
joedaddy1 (09-02-17)
Old 08-26-17, 06:04 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Good job on the letter, bit of a lost art these days, but you get amazing results.
dwayne4lex (08-28-17)
Old 08-26-17, 11:47 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Dealt with last year returned a 14, had chipped windshield and all 4 wheels had road rashes and they gave me all kinda offers to get a new car but I was in no mood to lease/finance another car. Ended up paying end of lease fee (I don't remember exact nbr) and thats it. If your planning to get another Lexus then this is the best time to get out of it.
Old 08-27-17, 01:08 AM
gflexus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

If you decide to get another Lexus and take advantage of the 3 month lease payment waiver, be aware that they will waive "up to 3 payments." You can do 1, 2, or 3 payments. Be sure to make the wavier request and turn in the car before the specified monthly payment due date in your lease. If its even one day after the specified payment date, they will only waive the next payment. This can trip people up in the last month of the lease. Remember lease payments are in advance.....so your last scheduled payment is 30 days before the date that you have to physically turn in the leased car at lease end. i.e. If you lease a new Lexus in the last month of your lease, be sure to turn in the old car before the last contractual payment due date (30 days before lease termination date). You cannot turn in the old car in the last 29 days and get the last payment waived or reimbursed.
Old 09-02-17, 08:06 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for all the advice! I'm trying to see if I can get into one of the first 2018 LS
Old 09-02-17, 06:02 PM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dwayne4lex
Lol....I was at least 10,000 miles over the mileage limit
I would love to know what you wrote.. I'm in the same boat but never catch a break on the lease returns.
Old 09-19-17, 10:23 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Bump. I'll be at least 5,000 miles under max lease mileage. Will they give me anything back? At least waive disposition fee?
Old 09-19-17, 10:31 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Bump. I'll be at least 5,000 miles under max lease mileage. Will they give me anything back? At least waive disposition fee?
Nope. They'll just say thank you and collect your disposition fee, unless you get another Lexus.
Old 09-20-17, 09:03 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

o.0 u need to pay a fee after the lease it ended?
Old 09-20-17, 09:04 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

disposition fee.. $450 or so.. i forget the exact amount.
Old 09-22-17, 04:45 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
disposition fee.. $450 or so.. i forget the exact amount.
I was told it would be $350 at my NorCal dealer

Quick Reply: Lexus Lease End Options: What should I be looking out for?