GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Tire Pressue Monitor - No reading

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-17, 05:08 AM
pseconds
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tire Pressue Monitor - No reading

Hi, I just got 2015 GS about 2 weeks ago, and I could have sworn the center display showed the tire pressure. I got new tires put on it last week, and now all the tires just show a "--" symbol. Is there something I need to reset or do I need to go back to the tire place and have them fix something?
Old 08-22-17, 05:40 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Read the manual. You can reset it in about 30 seconds. It may be hard to find the button the 1st time you try it but keep looking....it's down there under the steering wheel.
Old 08-22-17, 08:07 AM
allwheels
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Is the tire light on or flashing? If not, then the tire installer probably cracked a sensor, or you have aftermarket sensor(s).
Old 08-22-17, 04:54 PM
pseconds
Rookie

The tire warning light is not on at all. I did the procedure in the manual when I held the tire reset light button on the bottom of the dash until the tire light blinked three times slowly. I have driven about 75 miles so far, and this is still what I'm seeing on the display:
Old 08-22-17, 05:12 PM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the same problem after getting my first set of tires from Discount Tire. A sensor failed and caused them all to stop working. I bought an aftermarket sensor from them, but they couldn't get it to work after multiple attempts with the scan tool. Finally they got an OEM sensor and it synced up up no problem (on their dime...)
Old 08-22-17, 06:09 PM
pseconds
Rookie

I had the same problem after getting my first set of tires from Discount Tire.
Interesting, Discount Tire is where I had mine done too. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 08-23-17, 08:36 AM
allwheels
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup, they messed up a sensor. Have them recheck it. Guarantee thats what happened. They'll crack the sensor, and that takes out whatever part of the oem sensor that communicates the pressure info for the display, but in the tpms ecu, it can read the pressure. This is also why aftermarket sensors don't seem to work for the models with the dash readouts.
Old 08-26-17, 10:28 PM
pseconds
Rookie

I called the dealer and told them that I got new tires and Discount Tire was unable to register the sensors. (They were able to read them all). Lexus says $150 an and hour and a half to re-register the sensors, provided that's all that's wrong. How can it possibly take 1.5 hours to re-register tire sensors?
Old 08-26-17, 10:57 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by pseconds
I called the dealer and told them that I got new tires and Discount Tire was unable to register the sensors. (They were able to read them all). Lexus says $150 an and hour and a half to re-register the sensors, provided that's all that's wrong. How can it possibly take 1.5 hours to re-register tire sensors?
They’re quoting that amount of time in the event they have to unmount the tires to read the sensor IDs directly most likely.
Old 08-26-17, 11:24 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

they have to find which tire is not reading and get it unmounts to get the sensor number and mount it back in and balance, and if the aftermarket sensor not working then u have to buy an oem sensor from them. but pretty sure discount tire will reimburse you for all these stuff. I hope
Old 09-09-17, 01:59 PM
pseconds
Rookie

UPDATE: Went to the dealer today and for the fantastic price of $327, they replaced one non-OEM sensor which fixed the problem. Now to go back to Discount Tire. I'm really struggling to understand how the dealer charges $200 in labor to replace a $98 sensor. I didn't think unmounting and re-mounting a single tire, then re-syncing the sensors was that big of a deal.

Last edited by pseconds; 09-09-17 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 09-09-17, 08:14 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

UPDATE: Went to the dealer today and for the fantastic price of $327, they replaced one non-OEM sensor which fixed the problem. Now to go back to Discount Tire. I'm really struggling to understand how the dealer charges $200 in labor to replace a $98 sensor. I didn't think unmounting and re-mounting a single tire, then re-syncing the sensors was that big of a deal.
ur tire is low profile it takes time to take it off and put it back in compare to regular tires, then they have to balance ur tires and program all the sensor id into the car ecu again. they don't want to break it like discount tire did that's why they do it the right way and take their time.
Old 09-11-17, 07:04 PM
microsup
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

There is a procedure in user guide how to sync sensors. Maybe it may help.
Old 09-12-17, 07:12 PM
jlin7
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm experiencing the same thing with the set of OEM sensors that I've just put into my new wheels/tires. Though, I'm not getting the TPMS warning showing up the dash, but the system is not showing the PSI.

I've just went to Discount Tires to have them re-learn the TPMS sensors, they end up telling me that the Lexus/Toyota sensors will automatically relearn itself after a while and the PSI data should show up them. Is that true?
Old 09-12-17, 09:01 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jlin7
I'm experiencing the same thing with the set of OEM sensors that I've just put into my new wheels/tires. Though, I'm not getting the TPMS warning showing up the dash, but the system is not showing the PSI.

I've just went to Discount Tires to have them re-learn the TPMS sensors, they end up telling me that the Lexus/Toyota sensors will automatically relearn itself after a while and the PSI data should show up them. Is that true?
I don't think thats true about "auto learning". In my case, I bought newer GS F-Sport wheels (2016-2017) for my 2013 gs350 that already had the OEM TPMS on it. In order to get the new set of OEM TPMS sensors sync'd with my car, I had America's tires register the sensors with there device but had them input my vehicle as a 2012 camry and it worked! I got the 2012 camry idea from another thread here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...f-sport-3.html

If you are using the same sensors, then I believe that maybe 1 or more sensors could be damaged or they may need to be re-regsitered again with the vehicle (given that you already tried the TPMS reset button underneath the steering column area).

Quick Reply: Tire Pressue Monitor - No reading