GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Sirius or XM Radio 2013 GS 350

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-17, 12:21 PM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sirius or XM Radio 2013 GS 350

Anyone got the Sirius XM radio subscription for their 2013 GS 350? I was thinking about getting the subscription but wanted to know if it's really worth it???
Old 08-21-17, 12:30 PM
bjnzzzle
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I like it, every time i get bored with my usb music, i switch to Siriusxm to listen to. I just renewed my subscription last week, siriusxm select $30 for 6 months
Old 08-21-17, 12:34 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Perhaps it's just the result of the hilly area in which I live, but when I had it, it always cut in and out so I don't bother with it anymore.

I like Pandora better anyway.
Old 08-21-17, 12:57 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by darylcf108
Anyone got the Sirius XM radio subscription for their 2013 GS 350? I was thinking about getting the subscription but wanted to know if it's really worth it???
I have a Sirius XM subscription. I have what they call the XM Select. For years I used to get XM Select for $24.95 (plus fees and taxes) for six months, but the last time (around July 1st) I could not get that old subscription price. I had heard they went up $5.00 to $29.94 for the Select plan (plus fees and taxes) for 6 months, which is what they offered me (after I told them to cancel my account, hung up and called back to speak with another rep) the last time I renewed. The total price (after fees and taxes) was $36.49.

Do not pay the regular price they list for any of the plans. And don't forget to call before your subscription expires to renew (or threaten to cancel) if they won't give you the price you want. Otherwise (if you don't cancel or work out a renewal price) they will automatically bill you the much higher subscription rate...because the service is treated like a utility.

Make sure you read some of the comments/reviews that people list on the various Sirius subscription plans they have recently received:

http://www.spoofee.com/how-to-get-a-...6#.VGjeZfnF9bE

Last edited by bclexus; 08-22-17 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-21-17, 12:59 PM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Did it update your live traffic too???
Old 08-21-17, 01:04 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

I do not subscribe to the Traffic (or Weather) because there is a delay for the traffic updates that prevents it from being useful.
Old 08-21-17, 02:21 PM
nmlexus4gs
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have trial subscription for Nav/Traffic, but i don't think it is helpful . It doesn't even have traffic information for the side streets (unlike google maps).
Old 08-22-17, 02:33 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

will you use it? that's how you will know if it is worth it. I pay for access to their full lineup of stations because I actually use the app way more than I use it in the car. I pay $50 plus fees and taxes for 6 months (comes out to around $62). worth it to me.
Old 08-22-17, 08:29 AM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by varcity64
will you use it? that's how you will know if it is worth it. I pay for access to their full lineup of stations because I actually use the app way more than I use it in the car. I pay $50 plus fees and taxes for 6 months (comes out to around $62). worth it to me.
Does your $62 dollar price include Nav traffic and weather with the full channel lineup?
Old 08-22-17, 10:00 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I have a Sirius XM subscription. I have what they call the XM Select. For years I used to get XM Select for $24.95 (plus fees and taxes) for six months, but the last time (around July 1st) I could not get that old subscription price. I had heard they went up $5.00 to $29.94 for the Select plan (plus fees and taxes) for 6 months, which is what they offered me (after I told them to cancel my account, hung up and called back to speak with another rep) the last time I renewed. The total price (after fees and taxes) was $36.49.

Do not pay the regular price they list for any of the plans. And don't forget to call before your subscription expires to renew (or threaten to cancel) if they won't give you the price you want. Otherwise (if you don't cancel or work out a renewal price) they will automatically bill you the much higher subscription rate...because the service is treated like a utility.

Make sure you read some of the comments/reviews that people list on the various Sirius subscription plans they have recently received:

I have had similar experiences with Sirius/XM. Years ago I did not pay much attention to Sirius/XM prices and just had them taking it out of my account, eventually I saw they were charging over $20 a month at a "renewed rate" I did not agree to and was furious, it is not even worth half that. Told them to cancel my service and got transferred to someone out of the US who offered deals for around $25 or $30 every six months which is roughly the most you should be paying for radio. They always try to charge you a new overpriced rate when the six months run out, sometimes it automatically goes to that rate and they take it out if you gave them authorization to your Credit or Debit account. I have gotten them to refund my money for the new rates I did not give them permission to charge which they did several times, I pay by check now, you always seem to have to tell them to cancel your subscription when they say they can't do the rate they gave you and try to say the new rate is twice as high, eventually they offer you the old rate or close to it.

I only mainly listen to Howard Stern. It was the only reason I got Sirius and it was on a whim at Best Buy when I saw Howard Stern would be starting at Sirius that day and they offered a good deal, I still have and use the original old fashioned tuner when I first got it. I did love it when I first got it mainly because of Stern. I also listen to a few rock/metal channels. The 2 80's channel is nice too, FOX news channel and NFL is nice along with Car Talk and Comedy Channels but I am not in my car enough and would not miss it too much if I did not have it now, it is nice especially on trips but I won't pay their inflated prices they try to charge after I get the deal I want. Sound quality is not very good but it rarely goes out on me anymore like it did when I first got it. Tuners now normally require signal boosters and the alla cart ones/pricing is utterly useless and a joke.
Old 08-23-17, 07:35 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Back in the day I had the lifetime subscription to XM radio when I bought my Acura TL in 2004. So now I just transfer my subscription to the new car I buy. The transfer fee is steep at $70 but it pays for itself in a little less than 2 years.
Old 08-23-17, 07:41 AM
darylcf108
Driver School Candidate

How much for the lifetime subscription and what does it covers?
Old 08-23-17, 07:44 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

How much for the lifetime subscription and what does it covers?
They don't offer the lifetime subscription anymore but they still honor it for people who had already bought it before the merger of XM and Sirius.
The following users liked this post:
darylcf108 (08-23-17)
Old 12-27-17, 05:56 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus

I just renewed my SiriusXM 'Select' for two of my vehicles tonight. I was [finally] able to receive the same $29.94 price (plus music royalty fees and taxes) for 6 months, which totaled $36.49 per vehicle. It's always a pain to go around-and-around with the Sirius rep on the phone for the first 4-5 minutes to get the deal that you both (me and the rep) know is available, and will eventually be approved. Wish we didn't have to go through that every 6 months.

Note: I had seen that there was a $60 price for a year of Select Plan available, but thought it might be only for new subscriptions. I asked the rep (after I was finally given the okay for the $29.94 price for 6 months) if the $60/year deal was available to me - and she said yes, but only one-time. I turned it down because it didn't save me any money, but more importantly I thought it might make it harder to get the old 6 month deal on my next renewal.

I've yet to miss calling SiriusXM to renew (or threaten to cancel if I don't get the price I know is available) at least one day prior to the expiration date. Pity the unfortunate people that forget to call that end up automatically being billed the full price after their expiration date.