GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Passenger rear wheel higher than driver rear wheel

Old 07-18-17, 04:40 PM
bjnzzzle
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Passenger rear wheel higher than driver rear wheel

Hey guys! I just noticed that my passenger rear wheel sit higher than the rear driver side. I took 4 wheels off to plastic dip last Saturday and put back the same position like before and today I just notice that issue. Any idea? Thanks

Passenger rear wheel
Driver rear wheel
Old 07-18-17, 09:12 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Are you on level ground?
Is the tire pressure the same in both tires?
Do you have any extra weight in the trunk on the drivers side?
Are you 100% certain you didn't mix up one of the front wheels and put it on the rear?
I'd check the tread depth on both tires to verify the are the same. Then again I don't think any difference in tread depth with make that much of a gap between the two sides.

Originally Posted by bjnzzzle
Hey guys! I just noticed that my passenger rear wheel sit higher than the rear driver side. I took 4 wheels off to plastic dip last Saturday and put back the same position like before and today I just notice that issue. Any idea? Thanks

Passenger rear wheel
Driver rear wheel

Old 07-19-17, 05:37 AM
bjnzzzle
Rookie

Originally Posted by peasodos
Are you on level ground?
Is the tire pressure the same in both tires?
Do you have any extra weight in the trunk on the drivers side?
Are you 100% certain you didn't mix up one of the front wheels and put it on the rear?
I'd check the tread depth on both tires to verify the are the same. Then again I don't think any difference in tread depth with make that much of a gap between the two sides.
Yep, I also parked my car in the garage and the issue still there.
The tire pressure was 34 psi on the driver and 35 psi on the pass
My trunk was empty
The tires are new, just about 1000 miles on those tires. I am really sure that I didn't mix one of the front wheel and put it on the rear but I don't think it really matter right?
Old 07-19-17, 07:25 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Check the suspension. I had an old 2000 GS where the driver side was lower because I usually drove alone and over time the shock/strut/spring on the driver side wore quicker.

Jack it up and see if there is a leak on the strut/shock.
Old 07-21-17, 04:12 AM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dougm213
Check the suspension. I had an old 2000 GS where the driver side was lower because I usually drove alone and over time the shock/strut/spring on the driver side wore quicker.

Jack it up and see if there is a leak on the strut/shock.

My old SC400 was like this. I dont know abouth my GS, i will check it out. I think this is normal. To my understanding, they take into consideration the road's decline/pitch for rain drainage. Apparently, (and i am not a civil engineer) roads in the US are paved / built on an incline to deal with water accumulation. So, the higher right side actually levels your car.
Old 07-22-17, 05:21 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

There shouldn't be any reason why the car is sitting uneven, on flat ground. You need to have the car looked at. There is something wrong with the shock and/or spring on that side.
Old 07-25-17, 10:45 AM
PDF84
Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
There shouldn't be any reason why the car is sitting uneven, on flat ground. You need to have the car looked at. There is something wrong with the shock and/or spring on that side.
I agree, something isn't right. Is the car on flat even pavement?
Old 09-12-17, 06:13 PM
mjo926
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue(see my post on 9/8/17) with my 2016 GS350 F Sport. My car was side swiped, they completed body and suspension work and I notice difference in height. Higher on passenger rear. The dealership body shop sent to Lexus dealership, they say suspension is fine all work is proper, body shop says frame is fine. They call in Lexus corporate rep, he looks at car and says it's a "model characteristic". The dealer measures their GS 350 F Sport loaner and it too is different height on passenger side. The Lexus rep's F Sport was off also. All were approximately 1/2 inch different. The Service Manager said Lexus has no specs for vehicle height and there are many like this. I was certain it was from the accident because I know I definitely would have noticed this. It is becoming apparent that it's a Lexus defect that they aren't fixing or don't know how to fix. I'm getting my car back tomorrow after 9 weeks in the shop, still unsure if I will pursue the issue further or just trade in.