ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Good bye to the GS (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/858788-good-bye-to-the-gs.html)

Dallasguy1 06-06-17 08:51 PM

Good bye to the GS

1 Attachment(s)
With heavy heart sold my GS today, it was trouble free but boring at the same time. So time to move on. Searching for a Bmw 540 "17 driving my wife's GX460 in the meantime.

Had hud, ML sound along with rear dynamic drive and 33k miles.

joedaddy1 06-06-17 09:49 PM

did you buy the GS new? if so.. you probably lost a bit of $$$ huh?

I want to sell my lease.. but the gap is over $6,000.. that's after $10.5k (21%) discount off MSRP less than 1.5 years ago.

This car's depreciation is on the same level as a S-class.. :D

peasodos 06-07-17 12:23 AM

I wouldn't be able to live with the iPad on the dash, slightly cheaper looking interior, and breakdowns. It defiantly has the power and you'll probably sell it around 30k miles before most of the electronics start breaking down in the bimmer. Good luck.

MustangSal 06-07-17 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1
With heavy heart sold my GS today, it was trouble free but boring at the same time. So time to move on. Searching for a Bmw 540 "17 driving my wife's GX460 in the meantime.

Bwahahahahaha!

dougm213 06-07-17 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1 (Post 9889675)

Sorry to see you go, but at least you'll get to know the people at the BMW repair shop.

hypervish 06-07-17 06:13 AM

On the bright side, you'll be sending your BMW mechanics child through college without any loans. :D

yardie876 06-07-17 06:28 AM

You guys are terrible lol. I'm sure the Beamer will treat him just fine. *crosses fingers*

er34 06-07-17 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by dougm213 (Post 9889817)
Sorry to see you go, but at least you'll get to know the people at the BMW repair shop.

You'd probably make great friends at the service waiting area as well seeing you'll be there every few weeks and bound to run into the same BMW owners. And I heard the service counter folks address you by your name because you're there so often.

Bottom line: Make sure you get the best/longest extended warranty they offer.

GSteg 06-07-17 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dallasguy1 (Post 9889675)

Good luck with your search. Sometimes it's worth sacrificing reliability if it means you get more enjoyment out of driving, especially if you value the driving experience more. :thumbup:

praetor 06-07-17 07:30 AM

At least you didn't sell your car to your wife. LOL

Good luck with the BMW.

polo2883 06-07-17 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by er34 (Post 9889878)
You'd probably make great friends at the service waiting area as well seeing you'll be there every few weeks and bound to run into the same BMW owners. And I heard the service counter folks address you by your name because you're there so often.

Bottom line: Make sure you get the best/longest extended warranty they offer.

I will also vouch for this. I had a 2012 BMW 535i xDrive. It was in the shop more for electrical issues than anything. I had the wiper motor replaced. The radio replaced twice.

00o0ooo 06-07-17 07:42 AM

lmao, I am sure OP is going to have a blast with his new BMW. Hope you were able to get a good trade value and a good deal on the new BMW. I thought the refreshed 5 series is very nice. Good luck!

When this thread had zero response I immediately thought hmmmm this is going to be flooded with comments like "you're going to end up repair shops", "your bimmer will break down in XXXXX miles","you're going to spend $$$ on maintenance" etc. Maybe I shouldn't get too serious about these since this is a forum and everyone can say whatever they want, but frankly I am quite upset to see so many comments like these. Don't get me wrong I personally would never buy BMW over a Lexus, but reliability isn't everything. 5 series sells better than GS for a reason.

polo2883 06-07-17 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by 00o0ooo (Post 9889929)
lmao, I am sure OP is going to have a blast with his new BMW. Hope you were able to get a good trade value and a good deal on the new BMW. I thought the refreshed 5 series is very nice. Good luck!

When this thread had zero response I immediately thought hmmmm this is going to be flooded with comments like "you're going to end up repair shops", "your bimmer will break down in XXXXX miles","you're going to spend $$$ on maintenance" etc. Maybe I shouldn't get too serious about these since this is a forum and everyone can say whatever they want, but frankly I am quite upset to see so many comments like these. Don't get me wrong I personally would never buy BMW over a Lexus, but reliability isn't everything. 5 series sells better than GS for a reason.

There is no doubt that the BMW sells better. The BMW's are more fun to drive.

2Squared 06-07-17 08:59 AM

Having two co-worker that owned BMW's that spent a lot time in the shop was enough for me to not consider owning one. One of them had a loaner that broke down on him.

shurik74 06-07-17 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by praetor (Post 9889918)
At least you didn't sell your car to your wife. LOL

Good luck with the BMW.

hahaha... I remember that thread :) good one