GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexani Tires???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-17, 08:59 PM
DubbG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexani Tires???

Anyone have any feedback about Lexani Tires? Thinking about going that route due to the price of them. They don't have any warranties, but honestly even if a tire does, what good is it? Companies always fight you on warranty coverage anyway. The cost of Lexani is about 40% of brand name tires, and to top that off if you stay with staggered set up, you get warranty cut from 30,000 miles to 15,000! So whats the point? Lexani tires, depending on feedback from here, if they last 20,000 to 30,000 miles that way better than dealing with name brand. Just buy a 2nd set of tires if needed?
Old 05-28-17, 09:58 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

This is so laughable
Old 05-29-17, 06:59 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 194 Posts

With tires, you pretty much get what you pay for... there's always a compromise for cheap tires, whether it's road noise, comfort, dry/wet handling braking. You will always suffer somewhere.
Old 05-29-17, 07:35 AM
avs20
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Laughable? Because he wants to save money?
I run Achilles on my GS with 20's and I run sumitomos on my truck with 22's. I save over half on the 22's and the 20's are roughly $115 each. Is there more road noise with these tires? I'm sure there is...but I can't remember the last time I was driving around listening to my tires...I usually have the radio on or even the AC noise probably drowns out any noise there might be.
That being said..there ARE cheaper tires out there that work just fine for normal everyday driving. I'm not sure about the Lexanis...but I've been running Achilles and Sumitomos for many years..
The following users liked this post:
DubbG (05-29-17)
Old 05-29-17, 09:14 AM
DubbG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks avs20 for the feedback. How many miles do you generally get out of the Achilles on the GS?

Smoked, laugh all you want, I'm about extending the dollar as far as I can. I'm not a RCF baller like yourself. Vrroom Vrroom RCF...
Old 05-29-17, 09:52 AM
Twidge
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

tires are garbage. produced by nexen and don't last very long. research a brand and see where the roots come from. if you're looking to go squared and save money on a lexus, you probably should have looked for a different car.
Old 05-29-17, 10:02 AM
avs20
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DubbG
Thanks avs20 for the feedback. How many miles do you generally get out of the Achilles on the GS?

Smoked, laugh all you want, I'm about extending the dollar as far as I can. I'm not a RCF baller like yourself. Vrroom Vrroom RCF...
Hard to tell you on the mileage...my car is bagged so depending on how low I have it..any tire wears quickly...so I go through tires faster than most.

I can't speak for who makes Lexanis..if they are any good..etc. But I can tell you Achilles have worked for me. I have been running them for years with absolutely zero issues. I say forget all these 'ballers' on here with their $1k+ tires...good for them. Do what YOU want.
Old 05-29-17, 10:15 AM
Twidge
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

if you want a decent tire that doesn't break the bank, i would consider looking at hankook. they are a good tire that beats the competition and are cheaper than michelin, bridgestone and continentals. but as i said. do research on who manufacturers tires. there are a lot of major companies who make a cheaper tire that happen to be a discontinued model of an older tire rebranded under a different name. you don't need to spend $1000 on tires, but find a little background info on what you're looking at.
Old 05-29-17, 11:53 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by avs20
Laughable? Because he wants to save money?
I run Achilles on my GS with 20's and I run sumitomos on my truck with 22's. I save over half on the 22's and the 20's are roughly $115 each. Is there more road noise with these tires? I'm sure there is...but I can't remember the last time I was driving around listening to my tires...I usually have the radio on or even the AC noise probably drowns out any noise there might be.
That being said..there ARE cheaper tires out there that work just fine for normal everyday driving. I'm not sure about the Lexanis...but I've been running Achilles and Sumitomos for many years..
laughable bc he can afford a GS while nickel and diming on substandard China made tires and the like. I'm not laughing at the fact that he wants to save money but the fact that he is willing to put safety aside and put cheap quality tires on a Lexus. It will cost more on the long run with a blowout driving highways speeds, or premature wear and cupping. There is a reason those tires are cheap and cost a fraction of name brand tires
Old 05-29-17, 01:09 PM
RA051823
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I bought a set of Lionhart LH-Five tires for my wife's car because they were so cheap that I couldn't pass it up. Lately I have been unhappy with Michelin tires (dry rot, tire wear) and decided what did I have to lose. Surprisingly the Lionhart tires have been one of the best all season tires we have owned -- quiet, comfortable, long lasting, and good feedback. I know it seems crazy but don't judge a book by its cover until you try them! Even my tire guy at Discount Tire was surprised at how well they balanced on his machine (road force balanced). I'd say go for the Lexani tires and let us know how they workout. Lexani is very well known in making quality rims why would it be any different for tires?
Old 05-29-17, 05:32 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

I really don't care where tires are manufactured as long as they adhere to the highest quality specifications and standards of the particular manufacturer that I deem worthwhile, which is based on many years of historical use. In other words, if Michelin (for example) has some tires made in China, those tires must adhere to the exact same specifications as if they were made in France or the U.S. That said, for many years it has been reported that Chinese branded tires (made in China as the country of origin) have no French, German, Japanese or U.S. origin with the high quality specifications and standards we expect from top name brands. Bottom line - Chinese tire brands are no bargain (at any price) and should be avoided (at all costs).

With Chinese brand tires having such a poor reputation, and so many black-market products and fake copies coming out of China these days, I'm not sure why anyone would want to risk putting Chinese tire brands on their vehicle. Even if you did decide to give a Chinese brand tire a chance you would never know for sure if that Chinese tire manufacturer actually made the tire to the specifications that are accepted here in the U.S., or if they just copied some tire and cut corners on both material and how it was built but still put D.O.T. numbers on the tires so it is accepted here in the U.S.

Would you buy engine oil made in China? How about medicine, computer software, baby formula or pet food? Would you buy your wife/girlfriend a black-market pocketbook, watch or jewelry made in China? Well, why would you buy tires made in China?

Should I buy tires made in China?

Consumer Reports finds Chinese tire brands are no bargain
Old 05-29-17, 07:43 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

I never cheap out on tires because in winter we get rain and i know this car it don't work well on cheap tires in rain, after the oem tires gone i went with Michelin pilot super sport and i love them in the rain, i can always on on the fast lane and don't need to worry about hydroplane. when summer end im replacing it with the new Michelin pilot sport 4s which is the new tire they came out. Im not a rich person i know 1k-1.3k for a tire is a lot but i have to think about my safety and others around me. If you not ready to spent $$ every 1 1/2 years for tires and 1 yrs for brakes I don't think this car is for you.
Old 05-29-17, 08:40 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Lexani are popular with show cars needing low profile tires. If your tires are not warrantied, that's a risk you're going to take if something goes wrong.
Old 05-30-17, 07:37 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjUiIz3SL2g

Lexani are popular with show cars needing low profile tires. If your tires are not warrantied, that's a risk you're going to take if something goes wrong.
It's popular for show cars because they are hardly driven around, and when they do, they are driven at low speeds.

Nothing against saving $$, but why buy a performance luxury sedan in the first place if you're going to put cheap tires which hurts ride comfort as well as performance? Tires are a tiny expense relative to the cost of the car.
Old 05-30-17, 08:54 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

From personal experience they are loud, the flat spot over night, and they'll be done in 10-15k miles. I agree with smoked, it's a difference of $300 between these and a decent set of tires. You don't need Michelin pilot super sports, but at least step up to a Kumho or Hankook. This reminds me of the guy who has liability insurance only on his 40k car to save a few hundred bucks. In the long run it'll cost you more as they'll need to be replaced sooner and for the limited time you do have them, they'll more than likely be crap.

Quick Reply: Lexani Tires???