GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Polished takeda intake review!

Old 08-04-17, 05:45 PM
mikesd1980
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm not experiencing that issue with mines.

Originally Posted by jvm0685
Have any of you guys with the Takeda installed noticed a chirping sound from the engine bay when the car is in drive and stopped or while you're reversing and turning the steering wheel? I had this issue and thought it was related to the steering wheel or something so I brought it to the dealership. They told me the cause was the Takeda intake and suggested I return it back to stock. I love how the Takeda sounds and feels so I really don't want to, but the chirping is really annoying.
Old 08-05-17, 08:18 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Have any of you guys with the Takeda installed noticed a chirping sound from the engine bay when the car is in drive and stopped or while you're reversing and turning the steering wheel? I had this issue and thought it was related to the steering wheel or something so I brought it to the dealership. They told me the cause was the Takeda intake and suggested I return it back to stock. I love how the Takeda sounds and feels so I really don't want to, but the chirping is really annoying.
Nope, I would check all the connections and make sure nothing is loose. Make sure your MAF is clean? Can't think of what would cause such a sound from the intake. Has it always been there or did it start recently?
Old 08-05-17, 08:38 AM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I took everything apart and put it back together. It's gone now. I'm not sure what it was. Hopefully it was just a loose nut. Thanks for your help guys!
The following users liked this post:
gsintokyo (11-22-21)
Old 08-05-17, 09:20 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I took everything apart and put it back together. It's gone now. I'm not sure what it was. Hopefully it was just a loose nut. Thanks for your help guys!
Glad to hear! I really like the way the Takeda sounds, its pretty funny the car is mostly quiet but when you accelerate hard it gets so loud.
Old 08-05-17, 12:44 PM
veez81
Intermediate

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Glad to hear! I really like the way the Takeda sounds, its pretty funny the car is mostly quiet but when you accelerate hard it gets so loud.
yeah, agreed! i'm totally glad i got to keep it in because the sound really is amazing. it might be in my head, but i feel like it slightly reduces the throttle lag as well.
Old 08-05-17, 08:42 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone tell me how often the dry filter has to be cleaned and how it's done? I'm going to order one but been used to having one that is oiled.
Old 08-06-17, 10:57 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiadon
Can someone tell me how often the dry filter has to be cleaned and how it's done? I'm going to order one but been used to having one that is oiled.
Not that often.. Every 20k miles or so I believe. Depends on road conditions.

You can order one from us!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-09-17, 08:30 AM
omar2014
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys

I have installed the takeda intake on my car and I notice the car sometime fells heavy and when applying full throttle acceleration, in 3rd gear and on, it lag reapeditly after reaching 6 RPM, then change the gear normally and lag again in 4th gear in 6 RPM for seconds and change the gear and continue normally.

I tighted every thing and cleand the MAF sensor with no benifit. Anyone know the reason?. I really heated the intake for that reason. The car with the factory intake didn't do that

check this
https://youtu.be/VyrHa8-qlJY
Old 08-20-17, 08:59 PM
jparkp
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Do any of you hear a whistling sound or high pitched wind going through a small hole sound only in low revs under 2-3k RPM? I know this is a common thing that happens with CAIs but I was wondering if you guys have it with the TAKEDAs??? Also, are you all using the RC hose instead of the GS?
Old 08-21-17, 07:40 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by omar2014
Guys

I have installed the takeda intake on my car and I notice the car sometime fells heavy and when applying full throttle acceleration, in 3rd gear and on, it lag reapeditly after reaching 6 RPM, then change the gear normally and lag again in 4th gear in 6 RPM for seconds and change the gear and continue normally.

I tighted every thing and cleand the MAF sensor with no benifit. Anyone know the reason?. I really heated the intake for that reason. The car with the factory intake didn't do that

check this
https://youtu.be/VyrHa8-qlJY
Have you tried putting the factory intake back on to see if it behaves the same way? Are you driving in Sport+ mode?

Originally Posted by jparkp
Do any of you hear a whistling sound or high pitched wind going through a small hole sound only in low revs under 2-3k RPM? I know this is a common thing that happens with CAIs but I was wondering if you guys have it with the TAKEDAs??? Also, are you all using the RC hose instead of the GS?
Have you made sure that all clamps are tight on the filter side and the intake side? Did you buy a clamp for the crank case hose? Usually that is the culprit because the original clamp is not tight enough to hold the rubber hose to the nipple of the polished intake. That could be a potential air leak, which would throw a CEL. Other than that, it could just be the intake sucking in air at a louder rate than what you're used to hearing, just because the filter is exposed to the atmosphere now, instead of being in a closed box like the factory intake. In this case, this is normal of an aftermarket intake and if you don't have a CEL or an air leak, you should be fine.
Yes I am using the RC hose instead of the GS, for some reason the GS hose is too short. I thought the engines were the same in the RC and GS, so I'm not sure why Takeda included two sets of hoses.
Old 12-22-17, 02:31 PM
andygill27
Rookie

Default Wrinkle black with Pro Dry S filter

Originally Posted by PDF84
I love mine too! I got it in black though Attachment 411690
This is on my wish list from Santa, but I thought I could only get the wrinkled black tube with the blue oiled filter OR the polished with the dry filter. Unless I'm wrong, you have the combo I want (black w/ dry flow). Did you have to do anything special to get it that way?
Old 12-22-17, 11:31 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

You can only get it that way. Contact us for pricing on that intake!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-23-17, 07:24 AM
andygill27
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
You can only get it that way. Contact us for pricing on that intake!

-Josh
For real?! Doesn't look that way on your site, but if you say so...
https://www.merakiautoworks.com/coll...ategory_intake
Old 12-24-17, 03:41 PM
MythicOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boombai
Might be a dumb question, but what type/size hose clamp do i get from home depot?
I was reading through this thread now and was wondering the same.
Old 12-24-17, 04:26 PM
MythicOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j.Veezy68
... so I brought it to the dealership. They told me the cause was the Takeda intake and suggested I return it back to stock.
This may be a dumb question, but, will this mod adversely affect the new vehicle Warrantee in anyway?
From aFe website:
  • In-house Dyno testing resulted in max gains of 13 HP and 11 lbs. x ft. of torque.
+13HP....sounds too good to be true?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Polished takeda intake review!