GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What is a fair price for 2013 GS450H

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-17, 05:46 PM
natertater
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is a fair price for 2013 GS450H

Hi guys ive been looking around for a 2013 used GS450H somewhere in California. I would prefer for it to have less than 40,000 like around 35,000. I have no preffered options, most come with navigation, other than that i dont have to have a specific option though the safety tech would be nice. What do you guys think is a far price for this kind of car. Ive seen online for about $27,000-30,000 for low mileage. Is it ridiculous to think I can get one for $25,000? Thanks guys.

Also for those of you who have bought or sold a car through craigslist would you trust them? Why do people sell them? is it for a better price then at the dealer.

Last edited by natertater; 04-22-17 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-21-17, 07:00 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by natertater
Hi guys ive been looking around for a 2013 used GS450H somewhere in California. I would prefer for it to have less than 40,000 like around 35,000. I have no preffered options, most come with navigation, other than that i dont have to have a specific option though the safety tech would be nice. What do you guys think is a far price for this kind of car. Ive seen online for about $27,000-30,000 for low mileage. Is it ridiculous to think I can get one for $25,000? Thanks guys.
25k is a bit low for a 3-4 yr car with msrp over 60k

Ask yourself this question. Would you sell your GS for that price if you are in their shoes?
Old 04-21-17, 07:08 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Agree with above said... even if you find one for low price, I would recommend check it out for previous body damage or mechanical issues.

I see you are in CA... CL has this one https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6068798985.html
Owner probably doesn't want to take trade-in value and trying to sell private for more $$$. Give him your offer and wait if he would agree...

Remember, it takes time & efforts to find good condition used car...
Old 04-21-17, 07:44 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

It depends on the mileage, condition, and options. You can get a higher mileage (50-60k) with little to no options (ML or BSM) for close to $25k. They will be harder to come by, but it's doable.

More realistic, for a lower mileage one with decent options you'll be closer to $28-$30k if you are pretty aggressive with the seller.
Old 04-21-17, 07:46 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I paid $28500 for a 2013 Lexus gs 450h with all the options except for luxury package, hud, and precollision, through a Toyota dealership. It had 64k miles on it. Damn $29500 is a great deal for a fully loaded 2013 gsh. When I looked there were only 18 for sale in the USA through dealerships.
Old 04-21-17, 07:46 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Let me know if you are OK with salvage title one... 2013 year, 33K miles, luxury package...
Old 04-21-17, 10:03 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

There are many many cars with very aggressive pricing in Dallas but most of them have some kinda accident reported on carfax, I have even seen no accident history but frame damage reported at the dealer. So be careful to check all these before buying a car.
Old 04-22-17, 11:38 AM
natertater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
25k is a bit low for a 3-4 yr car with msrp over 60k

Ask yourself this question. Would you sell your GS for that price if you are in their shoes?
Realistically No. I see some on the market between 27-29 and was thinking maybe with negotiation it would be possible. Thank you for responding though
Old 04-22-17, 11:40 AM
natertater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shurik74
Agree with above said... even if you find one for low price, I would recommend check it out for previous body damage or mechanical issues.

I see you are in CA... CL has this one https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6068798985.html
Owner probably doesn't want to take trade-in value and trying to sell private for more $$$. Give him your offer and wait if he would agree...

Remember, it takes time & efforts to find good condition used car...
Yeah unfortunately that is true it takes time and research to find a good condition. I am not sure how i feel about craigslist though. Thanks for showing me though.
Old 04-22-17, 01:00 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,130 Likes on 838 Posts

You can find a '13 GS450h around my local dealerships around NY for around $30-32k certified with less than 40k miles. I'm not sure about the current used GS hybrid market in Cali but here are two great examples in my locale to give you an idea of what you get:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1292/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3102/overview/

Maybe keep searching or talk to a local dealership to see if they are willing to look for/bring in a hybrid GS for you. I did this with my dealership and it was a good experience overall.
Old 04-23-17, 11:22 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

I definitely wouldn't discourage buying from Craigslist as long as you know there is a certain degree of risk involved. You don't know what the seller has done with the car or experienced, so you're definitely going off the word of the seller. Also, if there were two previous owners, it further complicates things.

The way to combat the risk is to get the car inspected by a professional. You can also look up service history of the vehicle [if it was serviced Lexus/Toyota dealerships] by using the VIN at: http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/history

Of course you could also run a carfax on the vehicle. Take your time with driving the car and look closely for any visual damage or things that may seem "off."

Craigslist = slightly more risky, hence why you have more wiggle room on the price. If you're good at haggling and find a car you want, you are speaking with the owner directly. You have more selection if you open yourself up to purchasing direct from an owner. With an exclusive & "expensive" vehicle like the GS450h, more often than not, the reason people are selling on CL is because they are getting ripped off by a Lexus dealership when trying to trade in the vehicle. The seller thinks they can get more for the car if sold privately.

CPO = less risky than CL, backed by a Lexus warranty for 3 years or 100K miles from purchase, don't have as much wiggle room on price. Less selection since you're limited to only dealerships.

So in essence, it's a trade off - you need to the decision that's best for you given the pro's/con's of each.That's a solid deal for the vehicle that shurik74 posted, especially if you could get it for a final price in the $28K range.

Btw, would love to have another friend join our small GS hybrid club. Check out the link in my signature see my GS hybrid and read about my story. I bought my vehicle direct from an original owner with a little over 6K miles and a year after it came out. No problems whatsoever with my car and absolutely love it - plan to keep it for a long time!

All the best,

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 04-25-17 at 04:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Im2bz2p345:
natertater (04-27-17), tejanp (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 11:11 AM
tejanp
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
I definitely wouldn't discourage buying from Craigslist as long as you know there is a certain degree of risk involved. You don't know what the seller has done with the car or experienced, so you're definitely going off the word of the seller. Also, if there were two previous owners, it further complicates things.

The way to combat the risk is to get the car inspected by a professional. You can also look up service history of the vehicle [if it was serviced Lexus/Toyota dealerships] by using the VIN at: http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/history

Of course you could also run a carfax on the vehicle. Take your time with driving the car and look closely for any visual damage or things that may seem "off."

Craigslist = slightly more risky, hence why you have more wiggle room on the price. If you're good at haggling and find a car you want, you are speaking with the owner directly. You have more selection if you open yourself up to purchasing direct from an owner. With an exclusive & "expensive" vehicle like the GS450h, more often than not, the reason people are selling on CL is because they are getting ripped off by a Lexus dealership when trying to trade in the vehicle. The seller thinks they can get more for the car if sold privately.

CPO = less risky than CL, backed by a Lexus warranty for 3 years or 100K miles from purchase, don't have as much wiggle room on price. Less selection since you're limited to only dealerships.

So in essence, it's a trade off - you need to the decision that's best for you given the pro's/con's of each.That's a solid deal for the vehicle that shurik74 posted, especially if you could get it for a final price in the $28K range.

Btw, would to have another friend join our small GS hybrid club. Check out the link in my signature for my GS hybrid and story. I bought my vehicle direct from an original owner with a little over 6K miles and a year after it came out. No problems whatsoever with my car and absolutely love it - plan to keep it for a long time!

All the best,

~ Im2bz2p345
awesome post. agreed with Im2bz2p345
Old 04-25-17, 12:30 PM
ChronoR
Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

Let us know if you get one. The GS450h club is small and exclusive

I bought my GS450h just over a month ago for about $28k USD at 28k miles. It's the base model with only navigation but I am in Canada so our prices tend to be higher than in the States.
Old 04-25-17, 02:38 PM
MustangSal
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

All true statements here.

CPO carries an additional cost. Usually blended into the price of the car.
Old 04-27-17, 05:03 PM
CTNYC
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
~ Im2bz2p345
Good info, but CPO for Lexus has changed. It is now for 2 years, unlimited miles after the expiration of the original 4yr/50k, with the option to extend 5 additional years.

ie.
2014 GS with 30k miles, originally purchased 01/2014 will have unlimited mileage warranty through 01/2020
2014 GS with 60k miles, originally purchased 01/2014 will have unlimited mileage warranty for 2 years from CPO purchase date

Then you can extend for 5 years/unlimited miles. My dealership charged roughly $3000 for it (through LFS)

Lexus's CPO program is very inclusive (I spent an hour or two reading the fine print, and comparing it to Infiniti's and Mercedes' CPO plan - Lexus's plan is far more comprehensive, especially when it comes to suspension components and has a lot shorter exclusions list than others.
The following 3 users liked this post by CTNYC:
Im2bz2p345 (04-27-17), natertater (04-27-17), shurik74 (04-27-17)

Quick Reply: What is a fair price for 2013 GS450H