Old 04-20-17, 06:58 PM
BB11
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where do have your GS serviced?

Lexus
Toyota(will they?)
independent mechanic

only 12,000 miles so still under warranty.

thank you.

BB
Old 04-20-17, 07:12 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Local Lexus dealership's service department. Still under warranty. Only regular scheduled maintenance/service has been needed.
Old 04-20-17, 08:03 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BB11
Lexus
Toyota(will they?)
independent mechanic

only 12,000 miles so still under warranty.

thank you.

BB
I dont see why not Toyota wont do it. You most likely need an oil change only if you have staggered tires. I paid $85 for synthetic oil change (10 quarts) for my RCF at the Toyota dealer. Whereas lexus wants over $200 with their free snacks

As long you have documents of service, or receipts if you change yourself. Warranty is in full effect
Old 04-20-17, 08:51 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Buy parts from local Lexus dealer and let my friend work on it, soo far only did oil changes and front brake pads, which is very economical compared to the dealer, car still under warranty though.
Old 04-20-17, 09:46 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I do all the regular maintenance myself. Can't image owning a car and not doing it myself
Old 04-20-17, 10:15 PM
Slam888
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my GS first 10k mile service at Lexus dealer. It would be my last! I found a dirty rag in the engine bay, and realized the oil cap was really loose. Going to do oil changes myself from now on.

Last edited by Slam888; 04-20-17 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-21-17, 06:40 AM
BB11
Intermediate

Thanks all for your replies. I will call my local toyota dealer to see if they will do the 15,000 mile service.
Old 04-21-17, 08:54 AM
mattg43
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I dont see why not Toyota wont do it. You most likely need an oil change only if you have staggered tires.
This one is new to me, can you explain?

Why would having staggered tires mandate a difference in oil change intervals, and what does it have to do with where you get your vehicle serviced?
Old 04-21-17, 09:19 AM
korupted
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you get service at Toyota, will it still show on your service history if Lexus were to check it?
Old 04-21-17, 09:35 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by korupted
If you get service at Toyota, will it still show on your service history if Lexus were to check it?
Yes, they can add it to the history.

I use my local Lexus dealer. They are actually quite reasonable. They usually have an oil and oil filter change (synthetic) special for $69. The convenience of loaner car for the weekend also really helps. I usually do the air filters myself. For brake pads/rotors, I order OEM parts and have an independent mechanic do it.
Old 04-21-17, 09:38 AM
tamermido1
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Local Lexus dealer.
Old 04-21-17, 12:13 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
I do all the regular maintenance myself. Can't image owning a car and not doing it myself
+1
Old 04-21-17, 03:40 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mattg43
This one is new to me, can you explain?

Why would having staggered tires mandate a difference in oil change intervals, and what does it have to do with where you get your vehicle serviced?

I was referring to price for service with lexus as a package. If a model has F-sport the tires cant be rotated, but you still pay the same as a non f-sport model for the service. So if you took it somewhere where they only charge for oil change and non of other BS, you just saved money
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (04-21-17)
Old 04-21-17, 03:42 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Slam888
Had my GS first 10k mile service at Lexus dealer. It would be my last! I found a dirty rag in the engine bay, and realized the oil cap was really loose. Going to do oil changes myself from now on.
I check all their work before i leave, including oil levels. Also a walk around to make sure no damage is done to paint or curbed wheels.
To be honest, I dont have the time nor equipment to change my fluids.
Old 04-21-17, 05:49 PM
mattg43
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I was referring to price for service with lexus as a package. If a model has F-sport the tires cant be rotated, but you still pay the same as a non f-sport model for the service. So if you took it somewhere where they only charge for oil change and non of other BS, you just saved money
Ok, that makes sense. Never heard of the F package just referred to by the wheel width, but then this is my first Lexus, so not sure how those things go.

But beyond that, what extra stuff does Lexus charge for on an oil change package vs just an oil change? Hard to believe they actually charge for tire rotation though - with our German and British cars any other check/refill/inspection/rotations/new wiper blades was always done free of charge, even though not mentioned in any of the advertising or service quotes. I kind of assumed it would be similar with L, but if they dont do basic inspections with rotation, that kinda sucks. I dont really need someone to check my washer fluid, but it was nice knowing things like my front and rear pad depth remaining whenever I had anything done, if for nothing else than knowing how fast things were wearing as time went on.

I wouldnt think L played the same games as the domestics on nickel and dime-ing, I was hoping the back end experience was more along the lines of the German brands.

Quick Reply: Where do have your GS serviced?