GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

eBay carbon spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 11:24 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Looks good, what are those little circles below the spoiler. Any plans to dip the chrome trim? I think it would help complete the look.
Thanks and they're just black plugs I used to plug the holes from my previous lux spoiler, they're temporary. I actually have some flush plugs I'm going to paint and color match so that the plugs aren't so obvious lol. Yeah I'm still on the fence with blacking out the window trim, for now it still leaves a little of the luxury/Lexus look to the car and I kind of like that. I'm sure I will probably do it eventually though when I'm bored!
Old 04-28-17, 09:56 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

I ordered this spoiler on Weds night from Taiwan, it arrived the next day in the US, and is getting delivered today. Under 2 day delivery from Taiwan, unbelievable...
Old 04-28-17, 10:11 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

I ordered this spoiler on Weds night from Taiwan, it arrived the next day in the US, and is getting delivered today. Under 2 day delivery from Taiwan, unbelievable...
DDDaaammmmnnn...mine took 3 days within the U.S. even after I paid for express shipping smh. Nice! Definitely need to post pics once it's on! SN - if it just tapes on, get 3M VHB tape. I did for my spoiler and I don't think it's ever coming off...even if I were to try to take it off haha.
Old 04-28-17, 11:20 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
DDDaaammmmnnn...mine took 3 days within the U.S. even after I paid for express shipping smh. Nice! Definitely need to post pics once it's on! SN - if it just tapes on, get 3M VHB tape. I did for my spoiler and I don't think it's ever coming off...even if I were to try to take it off haha.
Yeah I'll probably put it on tonight, I've used the 3m tape for spoilers on other cars and it never moved a inch. Can't remember if I removed the backing of the tape after I had already placed the spoiler on the trunk.
Old 04-28-17, 12:57 PM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

I removed the 3M backing partially before and then the rest after. This is how I've always done it and never had issues.
The following users liked this post:
e60bmw (04-28-17)
Old 04-28-17, 05:59 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

I'm blown away guys, I got this tonight and already put this on. If you are looking for a spoiler go thru that seller, unreal shipping time! He even has painted spoilers. I may order a roof one. Just installed it, took me 5 minutes, put a number of these on over the years. Perfect fitment, looks incredible. Sorry for the lighting its getting dark here.
eBay carbon spoiler.-volpjsu.jpg
eBay carbon spoiler.-qn5svff.jpg
Old 05-01-17, 03:37 PM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm blown away guys, I got this tonight and already put this on. If you are looking for a spoiler go thru that seller, unreal shipping time! He even has painted spoilers. I may order a roof one. Just installed it, took me 5 minutes, put a number of these on over the years. Perfect fitment, looks incredible. Sorry for the lighting its getting dark here.

Great to hear about the shipping times, fitment and how it looks. I think you just sold another one for them!

Where did you get your trunk emblem?
Old 05-01-17, 03:38 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by twylie
Great to hear about the shipping times, fitment and how it looks. I think you just sold another one for them!

Where did you get your trunk emblem?
The emblem is dipped sapphire black, and the inserts were also purchased off ebay. If I'm being really picky like I usually am with parts, in the sun there is some flaw in a area of the clearcoat, but it only shows in certain light. Overall it looks really good and fitment is good too.
Old 05-02-17, 09:09 AM
itzlikedat
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

More pics please. How easy to install it?

Old 05-02-17, 09:34 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Heres some more pics. Its really easy to install, the hardest part is making sure its alligned properly. What I did was put the spoiler in place, and at the top edges of the spoiler I put tape on the car and layered it up. So when you are ready to install you put the corners into the tape and it will be alligned the way you want. I use 3m tape and line the back of it and pull off strips so when the spoiler is on the car you can pull the strips and it will reveal the tape and you can press it down once its in the right position. Took me 5 minutes.

eBay carbon spoiler.-nt2dbf4.jpg
eBay carbon spoiler.-wt1t2g9.jpg
The following users liked this post:
itzlikedat (05-02-17)