GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

SRS light is on after SRS module reset

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 07:43 PM
Azeri89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS light is on after SRS module reset

Hey everyone. I bought my 2014 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport after it was involved in an accident (bought it from the auction). I had everything fixed, except the airbag module. 4 airbags, wheel, driver's knee and curtain airbags on both sides, had deployed. I replaced them with the airbags that I bought from a junk yard and sent the SRS module to be reset (clear the crash data). I installed it after I received it the first time, but the SRS light did not go off. There was no DTC stored (checked with Techstream software and its OBD2 plug). I sent it back thinking they messed it up, so they cleared it the second time. I put it back on after I received it the second time, and the light is still on. I checked DTCs but none was stored. I unplugged the module and tried to read the SRS codes, the reader said it could not detect the module. Then I plugged the module back and popped the wheel airbag and read the module for codes again. It gave 2 DTCs (since it is 2 stage airbag). I called the guy who reset my module, and he said there must be something wrong with my module, and I should buy another one. I just don't want to buy another one if the problem is in the wiring or he does something wrong while resetting the module. Does anybody have any idea or suggestion?
Old 04-14-17, 11:32 AM
songoku
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Azeri89
I had everything fixed, except the airbag module. 4 airbags, wheel, driver's knee and curtain airbags on both sides, had deployed. I replaced them with the airbags that I bought from a junk yard and sent the SRS module to be reset (clear the crash data).
Airbag module needs to be replaced with new one after the airbag deployment as well as front impact sensors.

You can't just clear the crash code and reset it.

Old 04-14-17, 04:59 PM
Azeri89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by songoku
Airbag module needs to be replaced with new one after the airbag deployment as well as front impact sensors.

You can't just clear the crash code and reset it.

From what I know, it is a thing, almost everybody that I know has their airbag modules reset. All they do is access the ROM (in mine it is inside of the chip), read the data and override the crash data. I would love to do it myself, but I cannot find the crash file to override the data with.

In new model cars, most companies (including Lexus) use impact sensor that calibrates itself after the crash. Unless during the accident physically you damage the impact sensor (in my case it did not), it will recalibrate itself. Also, if the impact sensor needs to be replaced, Airbag Module throws DTCs (B1610 - B1638). I do not have any registered DTCs.
Old 10-02-18, 04:27 PM
vad
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have similar issue, ‘10 is 250 have a Sri code B1610 front airbag sensor (rh)
where is that sensor located. ? My car was not crashed and airbags did not deploy....