GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS F-sport refurbished wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-17, 02:21 PM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2014 GS F-sport refurbished wheels

Ok so I bought a 2014 GS, f-sport from the dealer 45 days ago part of the deal was to refinish the wheels cause they head some curb rash. first let me say the color match wasn't even close to the factory finish , but it did match
so I let it go. I was told not to wash the wheels for a few days, fine I waited a week so long story short I've noticed the finish is literally rubbing off in the corners of one of the wheel with a very little pressure.
not really feeling this at all.

So I called the dealer and left a message with the service guy and the sales guy, I'm just wondering what am to expect from the dealer, mind you I just got the work done two weeks ago. and had bad experience with dealers in the past. NOTE: I didn't use any wheel cleaner at all just car soap on cool wheels.
Thanks.
Old 04-08-17, 07:43 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My suggestion... call the dealership and ask for the sales director, service director and general managers email address. In the email address it to the dealerships general manager and respectfully tell him/her exactly what you just told us. He/she should promptly respond to you with a solution(swapping wheels, offer to get the wheels redone at a location of your choosing etc.). If the solution is not to your liking check your paperwork; there should be a form that was completed that stated they would refinish the wheels for you upon your purchase of said vehicle. Take that form and your contract to an attorney and have them write a letter on your behalf with their letterhead. The letter should demand a solution and/or response in about 15 days of certified mail receipt. The lawyer will probably charge between $150 & $300 but I'm 99% sure it will get you the results you seek. Good luck.. stay persistent and only do emails to have documented paper trail. (The squeaky wheel gets the grease)
The following users liked this post:
lovemyGSFS (04-08-17)
Old 04-08-17, 07:59 PM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ARISTOh
My suggestion... call the dealership and ask for the sales director, service director and general managers email address. In the email address it to the dealerships general manager and respectfully tell him/her exactly what you just told us. He/she should promptly respond to you with a solution(swapping wheels, offer to get the wheels redone at a location of your choosing etc.). If the solution is not to your liking check your paperwork; there should be a form that was completed that stated they would refinish the wheels for you upon your purchase of said vehicle. Take that form and your contract to an attorney and have them write a letter on your behalf with their letterhead. The letter should demand a solution and/or response in about 15 days of certified mail receipt. The lawyer will probably charge between $150 & $300 but I'm 99% sure it will get you the results you seek. Good luck.. stay persistent and only do emails to have documented paper trail. (The squeaky wheel gets the grease)
Thanks man I did speak to the sales person that sold me the car he called me back he wants to look at them on Monday. and Yes I do have the paper work stating they would refinish the wheels. so let me see what the sales guy does for me Monday If they give me a hard time I will take more action this is bull **** they didn't even prime the wheels before painting they went right over the existing finish that will never adhere not happy.

Thank you very much for the reply
Old 04-09-17, 03:46 AM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

can anyone tell me if the AWD F sport have staggered wheel or is that only the 8 speed rear wheel
Thanks,
Old 04-09-17, 04:07 AM
KidKlutch2
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lovemyGSFS
can anyone tell me if the AWD F sport have staggered wheel or is that only the 8 speed rear wheel
Thanks,
staggered is only RWD
Old 04-11-17, 06:09 AM
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position

I just dropped my GS off at the dealer and showed them the pealing paint and the color. surprisingly the service guy agreed the refinish wasn't done correctly and they have another company coming in today to do it right.
i'll let you guys know how things go.