GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Window Visors search

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-17, 11:37 AM
FuzedOne
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Window Visors search

I don't see many members here with the window visors, but I'm looking for some and can't seem to find any nice ones. I want the ones that are slim and low profile that I think are OEM but like $400-500 bucks, not willing to spend that at all lol. If I could find some nice low profile and thin ones I'm willing to spend $250ish. Anyone have any luck with what they've bought and liked or seen? (I think Alex with the Pink, now red GS widebody has them and like 1 other member).
Old 04-06-17, 08:39 PM
tudank
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

haven't seen any...i ended up getting a deal on some used gem ones
Old 04-07-17, 12:08 AM
maveriCK..
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

closest you can get to jdm versions and cheap https://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847lx022.html

The following 4 users liked this post by maveriCK..:
azncutie (04-07-17), GSLexTexas (04-08-17), kyuGS (04-13-17), LatinLS430 (04-11-17)
Old 04-07-17, 06:26 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by maveriCK..
closest you can get to jdm versions and cheap https://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847lx022.html

I'm waiting on these to come in the mail as we speak. I had Weathertech but didn't like how bulky and big they were. I'm trying these until I decide whether or not I want to spend the money on the JDM ones.
Old 04-07-17, 11:14 AM
drunkin
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had these visors for about 3 months and they are probably the only choice that looked good enough.
I got these from Amazon. Fitment was about 90 percent, I had some issues with the tabs on the front driver side that hold the front end but got it to work.
Old 04-08-17, 12:54 AM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maveriCK..

Do you have them on your car? If so, can I see photos?
Old 04-11-17, 10:11 AM
FuzedOne
Driver

[QUOTE=maveriCK..;9827881]closest you can get to jdm versions and cheap https://www.wellvisors.com/product/3-847lx022.html

Thanks bro appreciate it!
Old 04-11-17, 10:13 AM
FuzedOne
Driver

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
I'm waiting on these to come in the mail as we speak. I had Weathertech but didn't like how bulky and big they were. I'm trying these until I decide whether or not I want to spend the money on the JDM ones.
When you get them post some pics! I want to see them and let me know your opinion. Thank you!!!!
Old 04-11-17, 10:13 AM
FuzedOne
Driver

Originally Posted by drunkin
I have had these visors for about 3 months and they are probably the only choice that looked good enough.
I got these from Amazon. Fitment was about 90 percent, I had some issues with the tabs on the front driver side that hold the front end but got it to work.
Got some pics brotha? Would love to see how they look on your car.
Old 04-11-17, 10:58 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FuzedOne
When you get them post some pics! I want to see them and let me know your opinion. Thank you!!!!
Will do for sure! Tracking shows that they are out for delivery as we speak! I'll probably pop them on tomorrow on my lunch break haha.
Old 04-12-17, 12:54 AM
tekno2566
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JWBlakk
Will do for sure! Tracking shows that they are out for delivery as we speak! I'll probably pop them on tomorrow on my lunch break haha.
Hey guys, I don't want to come off as being ignorant, but I just wanted to ask what is the benefit of window visors? Is it just strictly aesthetics? So you can kind of roll down your window without rain getting in? I'm a bit confused
Old 04-12-17, 01:03 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by tekno2566
Hey guys, I don't want to come off as being ignorant, but I just wanted to ask what is the benefit of window visors? Is it just strictly aesthetics? So you can kind of roll down your window without rain getting in? I'm a bit confused

The visors will create unnecessary turbulence on the side of the car. If your windows are tinted you can barley see through the visor, cuts your field of view. We also have an great climate control, use it. Also don't put on some knockoff visors, might as well tape a bag of rice to the window

Last edited by peasodos; 04-12-17 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-12-17, 06:41 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tekno2566
I'm sure the importance of them vary from person to person. For me me, it's part aesthetics (with the right visors), plus I like to crack the windows all the time (even when it's raining), and unfortunately I am a smoker for now so it definitely helps when it's raining and you don't want to get wet while smoking haha. I had WeatherTech visors on for a while but I didn't like the look (too bulky) so I took them off. Crazy thing is that I now miss the functionality of the visors FOR ME so I ordered the WELL ones since they look more sleek and similar to the JDM. Right now I didn't want to spend $400+ for JDM visors so I am giviing these a shot at $60. This is my last attempt at non-JDM visors though, if these don't work out then I'll either go without or cough up the JDM money. Just my $0.02...
Old 04-12-17, 06:48 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peasodos
The visors will create unnecessary turbulence on the side of the car. If your windows are tinted you can barley see through the visor, cuts your field of view. We also have an great climate control, use it. Also don't put on some knockoff visors, might as well tape a bag of rice to the window
You definitely make good points haha. As for field of view, for me it's not that bad...the factory rear automatic sunshade alters my view more than window visors do lol. As for them being knockoff, it's no different then ones who put on knockoff front lips and spoilers tbh, or even replica wheels...not that big of a deal. It's all about preference and most of what we all do to a 4th Gen GS could be considered ricey since there's not too much we can do that enhances performance, so that's subjective. That "tape a bag of rice to the window" comment was funny though lol...you got me with that one!
Old 04-12-17, 08:38 AM
glm318
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Also don't put on some knockoff visors, might as well tape a bag of rice to the window
So uncle bens or jasmine? Lol

Quick Reply: Window Visors search