GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

My first GS350 Mod!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-17, 09:27 AM
ThumbsUp
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My first GS350 Mod!

I removed that God forsaken front license plate holder. I really pity you guys who must run with a front plate, and I really despise the engineer who designed a plate holder to be screwed directly into the front of the bumper cover. Haven't they ever heard of an underneath mount? Anyway, now I have two screw holes to fill before the center section can be blacked out.
Old 03-29-17, 05:09 PM
GSLexTexas
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here you go. Just pick the paint color you have.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...&product_id=85
The following 2 users liked this post by GSLexTexas:
TheWizard (03-30-17), ThumbsUp (03-31-17)
Old 03-29-17, 06:32 PM
Twidge
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumbsUp
I removed that God forsaken front license plate holder. I really pity you guys who must run with a front plate, and I really despise the engineer who designed a plate holder to be screwed directly into the front of the bumper cover. Haven't they ever heard of an underneath mount? Anyway, now I have two screw holes to fill before the center section can be blacked out.
Thats with all manufacturers.. at least its not a corvette that has a cover that you can remove that ruins the look up front.. i bought a brand new bumper i still need to paint without holes drilled i need to get installed... lol
Old 03-29-17, 08:41 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Every time I've taken my plate off, I got pulled over. Just get used to having it on around here, unfortunately haha
Old 03-30-17, 12:25 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kamskeez
Every time I've taken my plate off, I got pulled over. Just get used to having it on around here, unfortunately haha
You get pulled over for not having front plates?
Old 03-30-17, 06:17 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Here in VA you definitely get pulled over for no front plate! When I got my new bumper I went two days without a front plate and then got pulled over smh, so I had to put it on. Wish I would've gotten that bottom bracket plate holder though
Old 03-30-17, 06:58 AM
Handi
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In Texas usually only a State Trooper will pull you over.
It is a possibility that a city officer could pull you over if they didn't have any other reason.
But in Texas it is a law you must have a front plate.
Old 03-30-17, 07:39 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

In states that require a front license plate it gives law enforcement authorities a 'reason' to pull you over, which is never a good thing...as it could lead to something more menacing.
Old 03-30-17, 09:10 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
In states that require a front license plate it gives law enforcement authorities a 'reason' to pull you over, which is never a good thing...as it could lead to something more menacing.

This is why NEVER EVER EVER EVER have tint on your car in addition to the plate. Pick one or the other. Not to mention tint looks horrible lol. But yeah they'll pull you over for one and tack the other infraction on.
Old 03-30-17, 09:21 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
This is why NEVER EVER EVER EVER have tint on your car in addition to the plate. Pick one or the other. Not to mention tint looks horrible lol. But yeah they'll pull you over for one and tack the other infraction on.
You must be talking about having tint that is illegal by a huge degree, but maybe not because you say that [any] tint looks horrible! Most every vehicle in the state of Texas has both a front license plate and window tint...
Old 03-30-17, 09:10 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Infamous3
You get pulled over for not having front plates?
Yep. Gives the cop a reason to run your license and run a background check. Got sick of it.
Old 03-31-17, 10:03 AM
ThumbsUp
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSLexTexas
Here you go. Just pick the paint color you have.

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.ph...&product_id=85
Thanks, those may be useful in some situations, but not mine. I'll fill the holes and then wrap the bumper facia in matte black vinyl. The smoother, the better.
Old 03-31-17, 05:14 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumbsUp
Thanks, those may be useful in some situations, but not mine. I'll fill the holes and then wrap the bumper facia in matte black vinyl. The smoother, the better.
cant wait to see the mods!
Old 03-31-17, 05:43 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

In the main city I never had any problems, however I live in a city right outside the main one and its a very small area with a large amount of cops. I would get pulled over constantly when I didn't have a front plate, they were actually targeting me, I got pulled over in my driveway once when I came home and it was pouring outside. They made me roll my window down in a downpour and got drenched in my suit. A copy told me you are just asking to be pulled over, I drove maybe 200 feet to a store and got pulled over. After a while I just got sick of it, I eventually had to go to court and waited 10 hours to see a officer to prove I had a plate. I always ran plates after that and never have had problems since. My 5% tint I had for a while didn't help either, the biggest target for cops is probably tint and no front plate. I love driving my LS430 it just blends in with everything else and never even have a cop look at me.
Old 04-03-17, 03:12 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
getting tints on a car is mandatory imo

idk what you mean by horrible, the tint makes most cars look more complete

Quick Reply: My first GS350 Mod!