GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Shops in San Gabriel Valley, CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-17, 03:12 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 305 Posts
Default Shops in San Gabriel Valley, CA

New 2015 GS 350 RWD F Sport owner here. Nebula Gray with Black interior. No pics yet, she's bone stock so you guys don't want to see it anyways
I'm getting the itch already to do some mods. Are there any good reputable shops in SoCal - San Gabriel Valley area anyone can recommend?
I see 168 Motorsport is highly recommended, but they're too far in Torrance.

I'm looking to drop on Tanabe NF210, maybe some 20's and exhaust. Still doing research, not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Old 03-14-17, 03:59 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats man. I recommend to start off with a Apexi Accel, it was my first mod. I'm blacking out my trim and rear chrome next.
Old 03-14-17, 06:02 PM
vtp86
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can always take it to Promax Motorsports on Mission and Garfield Ave. lol. I'm surprised that place is still in business - I remember having them install my blue underglow on my then 2004 Acura TSX close to 12 years ago.
Old 03-14-17, 06:04 PM
vtp86
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's sad to say but the modding scene isn't the hype it is now like it was back then when it was made popular by Fast and the Furious movies. Everybody in SGV just drives stock cars now.
Old 03-14-17, 08:55 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Congrats man. I recommend to start off with a Apexi Accel, it was my first mod. I'm blacking out my trim and rear chrome next.
Thanks man! Black out trim is definitely on my to-do list. Any ideas how much it costs? And who can do it in SoCal?
Old 03-14-17, 08:56 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

Originally Posted by vtp86
You can always take it to Promax Motorsports on Mission and Garfield Ave. lol. I'm surprised that place is still in business - I remember having them install my blue underglow on my then 2004 Acura TSX close to 12 years ago.
​​​​​​
Thanks for tip!
Old 03-15-17, 12:04 AM
Samul Said
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check out TN Auto Inspired on IG. Located in the 626 area. I got all my work done at his shop so far and going to install bags very soon by him as well. Tell him Sam sent you with the white 2016 GS.

Good luck!
Old 03-15-17, 07:32 AM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

There's Impex Motorsports on Valley and Temple City Blvd, right next to the Jiffy Lube.
Old 03-15-17, 07:44 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by jdpdata
Thanks man! Black out trim is definitely on my to-do list. Any ideas how much it costs? And who can do it in SoCal?
Its pretty easy with plastidip. Theres lots of videos on it if you have never done it before. I've dipped whole cars before with a sprayer but plan on just using cans for ease of use. I have some new black metallic cans on order so I can have a gloss black look for the trim, rather than a matte finish with just the black cans you get at the stores. If you want any tips or videos let me know, its really straight forward and reverseable if you don't like it.
Old 03-15-17, 09:22 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Originally Posted by Samul Said
Check out TN Auto Inspired on IG. Located in the 626 area. I got all my work done at his shop so far and going to install bags very soon by him as well. Tell him Sam sent you with the white 2016 GS.

Good luck!
Originally Posted by TrevorTran
There's Impex Motorsports on Valley and Temple City Blvd, right next to the Jiffy Lube.
​​​​​​
thanks guys for tip!
Old 03-15-17, 09:24 AM
jdpdata
Instructor

Its pretty easy with plastidip. Theres lots of videos on it if you have never done it before. I've dipped whole cars before with a sprayer but plan on just using cans for ease of use. I have some new black metallic cans on order so I can have a gloss black look for the trim, rather than a matte finish with just the black cans you get at the stores. If you want any tips or videos let me know, its really straight forward and reverseable if you don't like it.
I have no patience for such things. I'm afraid I'll screw it up. Rather have a professional do it. If you know anyone in SoCal that can do it, please let me know.
Old 03-15-17, 01:28 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

I have no patience for such things. I'm afraid I'll screw it up. Rather have a professional do it. If you know anyone in SoCal that can do it, please let me know.
As a matter of fact one of the best guys is in your area, he can do vinyl trim wrapping too, hes a member here.
https://www.instagram.com/don_vinylwraps/?hl=en

The following users liked this post:
jdpdata (03-15-17)
Old 03-15-17, 01:31 PM
jdpdata
Instructor

As a matter of fact one of the best guys is in your area, he can do vinyl trim wrapping too, hes a member here.
https://www.instagram.com/don_vinylwraps/?hl=en

YEAH I've seen Don's work. He seems to be very busy though. I must schedule an appointment with him soon. Thanks again!
Old 03-15-17, 05:36 PM
lexinLA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New 2015 GS 350 RWD F Sport owner here. Nebula Gray with Black interior. No pics yet, she's bone stock so you guys don't want to see it anyways
I'm getting the itch already to do some mods. Are there any good reputable shops in SoCal - San Gabriel Valley area anyone can recommend?
I see 168 Motorsport is highly recommended, but they're too far in Torrance.

I'm looking to drop on Tanabe NF210, maybe some 20's and exhaust. Still doing research, not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Please Please don't take a $50k Luxury car and turn it into a rice rocket if you are over the age of 20. You can do that with a civic. Your car though
Old 03-16-17, 10:02 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vtp86
It's sad to say but the modding scene isn't the hype it is now like it was back then when it was made popular by Fast and the Furious movies. Everybody in SGV just drives stock cars now.
Its the other way around. Modding scene was first then The Fast and the Furious was made to capitalize on the scene.

Quick Reply: Shops in San Gabriel Valley, CA