Help needed -- Luxury vs. F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-17, 05:13 PM
Amri6018
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help needed -- Luxury vs. F-Sport

Hello Guys,
I have been close to this forums, but just registered today. I have owned '06 LS430 for 3 years and really addicted to Lexus. Now I am switching to something smaller and decided on the 13' GS 350. I am in the market since last Nov and almost found what I want but I am between two GS's styles (Luxury and F-Sport). I feel lost and really want to have both of them lol but I am here asking your help to decided. First, I like the luxury's features (18 driver and passenger's seats position, rear passenger armrest control, HUD, ...). The Sport has red interior and sharp-looking from the front, the rims, .. Also, the color for the luxury is black with beige interior, and the sport has white color with red interior (I love both color combinations)

Here is the major difference between them so it may help you figure out which one is the best:
- Both are 2013
- The Sport is more expensive ($2000 more than the luxury)
- Same milage
- Sport has the headlight washer and steering wheel heater, but the luxury has the HUD
- Both has Blind Spot Monitor
- Both one owner, and clean carfax
- Both are Texas cars

Attached to this thread the interior pics for both.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much
Attached Thumbnails Help needed -- Luxury vs. F-Sport-screen-shot-2017-03-07-at-7.57.19-pm.png   Help needed -- Luxury vs. F-Sport-screen-shot-2017-03-07-at-7.56.21-pm.png  

Last edited by Amri6018; 03-07-17 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-07-17, 05:23 PM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I went from an '06 LS 430 in December. My LS was a custom luxury so it was important for me to have the luxury package over the F sport package. I picked up a '16 GS RWD with the luxury package and Mark Levinson and haven't had any regrets!
The following users liked this post:
Amri6018 (03-07-17)
Old 03-07-17, 05:29 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

No "wrong" choice here in my opinion. Two great options.

Personally the exterior color would decide for me, as I've had a black car before and one was enough.
Old 03-07-17, 05:38 PM
kcstunna82
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago. I test drove both and ended up with the F Sport because of the sportier feel.
Old 03-07-17, 06:16 PM
Barkley45
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I would take each car out for a long test drive. Take it on different types of road surfaces to experience the 'rough' ride of the F-sport, and the 'softer' ride of the luxury model. If you're accustomed to cruising in a comfortable LS, you have to be realistic about whether or not you will be able to live with the ride of an F-sport. Also, with the Black car, are you a person who is a fanatic about the exterior, because if so, you're gonna have your hands full with a black car. If you dont really care about swirl marks, fine scratches, etc, then you should still consider the luxury model. However, it will be easier to hide imperfections on the exterior of a white car. Oh, one last thing, the F-sport is a little "louder" than the luxury model because of the sound generator, or whatever it's called, lol. I know im all over the place, but i just thought of something else...do you really need a heated steering wheel in Texas?

Good luck mate!
Old 03-07-17, 06:47 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,129 Likes on 838 Posts

I agree that having the Lux interior/options and the F-Sport would be the perfect mashup. I've made this suggestion before - if you're someone who prefers the softer, cushier ride, then the Lux will give you that feel and you can add the "F-Sport" look. If the Lux is $2000 cheaper than the F-Sport, I would take that $2000 and maybe do a few easy mods like getting the F-Sport grilles installed and a rear-spoiler (and possibly the wheels with the right kind of "softer" tires - although they are pricey)

Check out this thread which has a few Lux 4GS's (a black one, a white one and a silver one) with the F-Sport grilles/wheels/rear spoiler: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-grille-3.html
Old 03-07-17, 07:14 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

I would pick the Lux model because of the HUD option(rare). With it being $2000 cheaper, you can put that towards upgrades such as wheels, lowering springs/coilovers, or even the Fsport front bumper/grill (which may help balance out your decision a little bit).
Old 03-07-17, 07:21 PM
DJP333
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm totally bias here, but F Sport with the Cabernet interior
Old 03-07-17, 07:38 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkley45
*snip* ... Oh, one last thing, the F-sport is a little "louder" than the luxury model because of the sound generator, or whatever it's called, lol. I know im all over the place, but i just thought of something else...do you really need a heated steering wheel in Texas?

Good luck mate!
Lux has the sound-generator as well. But the larger tires of the F-sport are a little louder. His location is PA, where a winter package would be handy. Similarly, a black car will take more heat & could be handy in the NE. My only option in TX was white.

Disclaimer -- I have a '14 Lux, Starfire Pearl w/Flaxen.

Assuming the cars are otherwise indeed equal, as in equal mechanical & interior condition, etc. I would most definitely take the Lux and be happy having saved $2000. Original sticker price, Lux & F-sport were basically the same. The Lux has HUD which was a pricey & somewhat rare add-on. So why is the Lux $2k cheaper? Does your market value F-sport higher, or is it that car that's driving a lower price?

Does either have ML sound?

I drove both the F-sport & Lux model in my quest and found the ride to be very similar. The adaptive front lighting (AFL) and 18-way seats for both driver & passenger are what sold me on the Lux.

I've driven many years & miles without a HUD, but there are times I would've really liked to have one.

HUD -- pro
Flaxen interior -- mixed bag, I love the color and prefer it, but it may take more maintenance & show wear more easily.
Black exterior -- pro in the NE, huge con in the south. More maintenance depending on your swirled view.
White exterior -- maybe a con in the NE, huge pro in the south.
Lux overall -- better headlights, better seats for both driver & passenger. I also prefer the tan headliner, feels more "airy" in the car.
F-sport overall -- better handling. Some prefer the black headliner.
Old 03-07-17, 08:22 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm biased towards the F Sport. But the luxury packages are a rare breed. If you're all about comfort, go for the luxury.
Old 03-08-17, 03:49 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts

I'd take the luxury package in a heartbeat. Black/Flaxen is a great look, and you get the 18-way seat.
Old 03-08-17, 04:07 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Do like I did, buy the luxury package and do a full F Sport front end conversion, get your headliner and pillars wrapped in black suede and buy all black plastic pieces, aluminum pedals and dead pedal. Then finish off with the LED headlights. Then finally sit back and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Attached Thumbnails Help needed -- Luxury vs. F-Sport-img_0998.jpg  
Old 03-08-17, 07:26 AM
JWBlakk
Lead Lap

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTOh
Do like I did, buy the luxury package and do a full F Sport front end conversion, get your headliner and pillars wrapped in black suede and buy all black plastic pieces, aluminum pedals and dead pedal. Then finish off with the LED headlights. Then finally sit back and enjoy the best of both worlds.
^^^ Exactly what I did but didn't do any interior F Sport upgrades yet (headliner is the main thing I want to do). Either way you go you can't go wrong haha. Post Conversion
Old 03-08-17, 07:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

To me the luxury is a great package on the GS, thats what I had and what I would choose.

As for the headliner, what did you pay to wrap your headliner and all in suede?
Old 03-08-17, 07:46 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

So is the F-Sport an AWD variation? It obviously has the "Cold weather package"...

That could be why it is $2K more...

Quick Reply: Help needed -- Luxury vs. F-Sport