GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

LED interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-17, 08:53 PM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default LED interior lights

After buying the kits for the interior lights upgrade, I went to install the main dome light the other night, and after peeling away the different layers of that assembly, it appears that Lexus already uses an LED strip light in the main (front) dome light? I was under the impression that I was replacing a normal bulb with an LED bulb? Is a short LED strip in that dome from the factory or did my previous owner change it?

Anyway, I"ve decided to leave the lighting as is. I also bought two Diode Dynamic replacement lights for my trunk. I ended up installing the one board chip for the trunk and still have the LED strip kit (the single board was bright enough for me).

So, as a result, I have an interior kit from JDMToys that includes( 7) 10-011 led interior bulbs (3 overhead plus 4 door), plus a Diode Dynamics LED strip kit (called flex light on their site) for the trunk. I would sell both together for cheap if someone's interested. Both are new, never installed. How does $45 shipped for both sound?
Old 01-22-17, 04:26 AM
Luffy808
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DP03
After buying the kits for the interior lights upgrade, I went to install the main dome light the other night, and after peeling away the different layers of that assembly, it appears that Lexus already uses an LED strip light in the main (front) dome light? I was under the impression that I was replacing a normal bulb with an LED bulb? Is a short LED strip in that dome from the factory or did my previous owner change it?

Anyway, I"ve decided to leave the lighting as is. I also bought two Diode Dynamic replacement lights for my trunk. I ended up installing the one board chip for the trunk and still have the LED strip kit (the single board was bright enough for me).

So, as a result, I have an interior kit from JDMToys that includes( 7) 10-011 led interior bulbs (3 overhead plus 4 door), plus a Diode Dynamics LED strip kit (called flex light on their site) for the trunk. I would sell both together for cheap if someone's interested. Both are new, never installed. How does $45 shipped for both sound?
Is there instructions on how to take off the dome light? I have been looking at the dome light but I see no slots to put a small flat head to open it up. Thanks
Old 01-22-17, 04:30 AM
DP03
Driver

Originally Posted by Luffy808
Is there instructions on how to take off the dome light? I have been looking at the dome light but I see no slots to put a small flat head to open it up. Thanks
I just used a panel tool (plastic) and slid it in either side of the cover. There is a second cover under the first as well. You're right, there are no indents for this purpose so you have to be careful.
Old 01-22-17, 09:34 AM
CTNYC
Rookie

I believe the dome light and the map lights in the back are LED in the factory. The other lights (puddle lights under side mirrors, puddle lights in the 4 doors, vanity mirror lights, trunk light, and reverse lights) are the ones that are halogen and easily converted to LED. Not worth changing the turn signals to LED for me personally - just not trying to mess around with wiring/resistors and not a fan of LED signal lights if they aren't OEM - just doesn't look as sharp to me. Fog lights are up to you - I'll eventually just do a bulb swap to yellow fog lights rather than converted to LED.