GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-17, 02:29 PM
MM73Fiddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Painter the calipers, painted the wheels with 5 coats of clear coat to top of the black, installed the Joe Z axle back, installed the Takeda intake and the carbon fiber lips -- ready for the car show tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GS today?-img_0098.jpg   What did you do to your GS today?-img_0099.jpg   What did you do to your GS today?-img_0100.jpg  
Old 08-12-17, 03:17 PM
chay2263
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Ordered a set of 20” Vossen VFS6 wheels in silver. Got a absolute steal of a deal with tires for less than a set of wheels only at regular price.
Old 08-12-17, 05:24 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MM73Fiddy
Painter the calipers, painted the wheels with 5 coats of clear coat to top of the black, installed the Joe Z axle back, installed the Takeda intake and the carbon fiber lips -- ready for the car show tomorrow.
ride looks clean af bro!!
Old 08-12-17, 05:26 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Another interior cosmetic enhancement... Waaaaaay nicer than the yellow...
Old 08-12-17, 05:57 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

And....another...
The following users liked this post:
Pacman9270 (12-10-17)
Old 08-12-17, 07:24 PM
MM73Fiddy
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by Chavez562
ride looks clean af bro!!
thanks. Yours is sick too. Love the logo
Old 08-12-17, 07:29 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MM73Fiddy
thanks. Yours is sick too. Love the logo
thanks bro, appreciate it!!
Old 08-12-17, 09:35 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Chavez, looks awesome man, I have the same rear blacked out as you. The only thing I"m missing that I might do next after seeing yours is blacking out the exhaust. I have the CF inserts in the Lexus logo too which I really like.

Alright guys, I worked a bit on the wrapping today. Honestly this stuff is a huge pain to work with, it doesn't have very much flexability like a quality film. The upside is it actually looks like CF, I should do a side to side next to my CF spoiler in comparison. The knifeless tape is hard to use doing the trim on the inside without removing it since I can't lay the tape on a flat surface to start the cut, its a bit tricky to work with. So I ended up using a blade which I didn't want to do because I don't like risk cutting anything on the dash, but I think it was OK. In order to do the other panels in the center console I have to figure out how to remove that, also I need to so the rear doors. I got a bit faster at doing it after trial and error.
What did you do to your GS today?-aykjamn.jpg
What did you do to your GS today?-zzr370j.jpg
What did you do to your GS today?-m1jpngz.jpg
What did you do to your GS today?-vgd8br5.jpg

I had a huge roll of this stuff sitting in the garage, its pretty cheap stuff, I think it was only $20 shipped for a huge amount.
Old 08-12-17, 10:03 PM
Chavez562
Intermediate

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Chavez, looks awesome man, I have the same rear blacked out as you. The only thing I"m missing that I might do next after seeing yours is blacking out the exhaust. I have the CF inserts in the Lexus logo too which I really like.

Alright guys, I worked a bit on the wrapping today. Honestly this stuff is a huge pain to work with, it doesn't have very much flexability like a quality film. The upside is it actually looks like CF, I should do a side to side next to my CF spoiler in comparison. The knifeless tape is hard to use doing the trim on the inside without removing it since I can't lay the tape on a flat surface to start the cut, its a bit tricky to work with. So I ended up using a blade which I didn't want to do because I don't like risk cutting anything on the dash, but I think it was OK. In order to do the other panels in the center console I have to figure out how to remove that, also I need to so the rear doors. I got a bit faster at doing it after trial and error.

I had a huge roll of this stuff sitting in the garage, its pretty cheap stuff, I think it was only $20 shipped for a huge amount.
thanks bro! I appreciate the compliments! Ya the total blackout was a sleek look I was aiming for. I'll be wrapping the roof soon. The interior looks great! Props to you!!!
Old 08-13-17, 05:20 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw

Looks killer!
Old 08-13-17, 06:24 PM
GsGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GsGS
Spent hours cleaning up stone chips on the front end the original owner left me. Must have been a couple of hundred! Never used the product before, but Dr Color Chip works great. No, I'm not a salesman for them. I'll try to post pics soon.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/
Chips filled w Dr Color Chip paint before removing the excess. There were quite a few on the hood.
After excess has been removed. I still have to touch up a couple of them. The larger things in the pic are actually a reflection of my ugly ceiling in the garage. Lol
Old 08-13-17, 07:03 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Finished wrapping my backseat trim. I also had a broken wheel stud on my rear left I finally got around to replacing. Always used a impact wrench but mine is too powerful and saw the need to torque stuff down properly. My impact doesn't have a good gauge of what its set to just a slider and it goes all the way to 950lb/s. Got the broken lug replaced, and then installed my 20mm rear spacers. Running stock AWD suspension and stock 18s, I'm happy with how it turned out, I'm still debating if I want to do front spacers.
Edit: Have no idea why the upload it didn't fix image rotation, tilt your head if you want to see it haha.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GS today?-img_3445.jpg  
Old 08-13-17, 07:33 PM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by GsGS
Chips filled w Dr Color Chip paint before removing the excess. There were quite a few on the hood.
After excess has been removed. I still have to touch up a couple of them. The larger things in the pic are actually a reflection of my ugly ceiling in the garage. Lol
Looks great!
Old 08-17-17, 03:39 PM
MrFuel
Pole Position

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Bit the bullet and bough the oem visors.

Old 08-17-17, 03:50 PM
NVRLAND
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFuel
Bit the bullet and bough the oem visors.

Looks amazing! I need to get some too! How much did these cost you if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?