GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 05:01 PM
Richphan79
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i did the silver which comes with 2 stage paint correction and a 5 year warranty. it took two days to complete. it was a company vendor so i got a deal but $1295 is retail price. Gold which is lifetime warranty retails for $1695
Old 04-23-18, 05:39 PM
IcyBishop
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts

Love that floor! Would be perfect for my blue IS and red GS

Also just noticed the Saints sign... Who Dat!!!
Old 04-23-18, 09:22 PM
DuB
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyBishop
Thanks! Yeah just VHT, have always had good experiences with them. I think I used about 3/4 can on the fronts, figured it can't hurt!

I'm putting a Supra BBK on my IS300 soon and got a G2 brush on system for those to experiment with since the calipers are off the car.
Do you remember which VHT gold? There's a few of them. what was the paint code?
Old 04-24-18, 06:22 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Man, that floor is awesome. Just for the sake of sanity, how much does something like that cost? Just the floor tiles...
Old 04-24-18, 08:10 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Man, that floor is awesome. Just for the sake of sanity, how much does something like that cost? Just the floor tiles...
I did a 20x20 2-car garage and I paid $1600 for the tiles (diamond and FreeFlow, other types of tiles can be more expensive) including the edges at the front. Apparently I overpaid, as RaceDeck gives significant discounts if you mention you saw their products on certain forums (unsure if CL is included, but a simple google will tell you how to get these discounts). They also offer FREE SHIPPING sometimes, which knocks $200 right off the top. I paid for shipping like a sucker. Their Black Friday deal is the best I've ever seen for their product.
Old 04-24-18, 08:32 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyBishop
Love that floor! Would be perfect for my blue IS and red GS

Also just noticed the Saints sign... Who Dat!!!
I will be down there in November for the Saints Falcons game. Should be a blast!
Old 04-24-18, 08:36 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jtrue28
I got mine for about $1480 after searching vendors on the Internet. I had about 455 Sq Ft total, Mine is RaceDeck Circletrack not the diamond pattern. I got mine from BigFloors as they had the best price at the time. I used edges at the entrance and at the step up right before the door on the back wall.
The following users liked this post:
jtrue28 (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 08:41 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by np20412
I did a 20x20 2-car garage and I paid $1600 for the tiles (diamond and FreeFlow, other types of tiles can be more expensive) including the edges at the front. Apparently I overpaid, as RaceDeck gives significant discounts if you mention you saw their products on certain forums (unsure if CL is included, but a simple google will tell you how to get these discounts). They also offer FREE SHIPPING sometimes, which knocks $200 right off the top. I paid for shipping like a sucker. Their Black Friday deal is the best I've ever seen for their product.
That is a nice pattern too! I see you have a blank slate for your garage. Are you planning to do anything else?
Old 04-24-18, 08:45 AM
LEP XEP
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Vinyl wrapped my front bumper. it's not new to OG but it's new to me as I am learning how to vinyl wrap along the way.

Masking the area

Test fit

Wrapping

Final product....

$15 mod..... LOL
Old 04-24-18, 08:48 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lamikela1
That is a nice pattern too! I see you have a blank slate for your garage. Are you planning to do anything else?
Yep. I want to add some cabinets along the left side pictured there, I've already got two storage shelving units hanging from the ceiling now and then I want to apply this along the walls:

https://www.cutsmetal.net/48-x-96-al...hoCCvMQAvD_BwE

Finally I'll paint a blue stripe to match the tile just above where the aluminum starts, probably an 18" or 24" stripe.
Old 04-24-18, 08:51 AM
lamikela1
Intermediate

That should look really good. Good luck with your project and post pictures when you are done...
Old 04-24-18, 12:46 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by lamikela1
That should look really good. Good luck with your project and post pictures when you are done...
Does water or any liquids get under the tile when it gets wet? Can you easily pull up the tiles if ya wanna dry it underneath? I was just curious how ya handle moisture especially cars in the snow region.
Old 04-24-18, 02:27 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by charley95
Does water or any liquids get under the tile when it gets wet? Can you easily pull up the tiles if ya wanna dry it underneath? I was just curious how ya handle moisture especially cars in the snow region.
Yup. so the blue tiles I have are called FreeFlow tiles. They are basically a mesh tile. I have them where I park around the outside of the vehicle, where my car will deposit all the rain water it collects when it rains everyday during the summer here in Florida.

The water drains through the tile and then either evaporates out or if there is enough water, will drain out the front of the garage since my garage floor is ever so slightly graded.

The tiles are very easy to remove if you ever do need to lift them up to do a deep clean underneath. You just pry one or two up with a putty knife and then you do the rest by hand. Then just hammer them back in when you're done.

For snowy/wet climates, I don't see how using the Free Flow tiles is any different than having just bare concrete in your garage. The snow and moisture would end up there anyway, but with the FreeFlow tiles it will melt down under the tile and evaporate from there, leaving your tile surface much cleaner/quicker to dry. Since the tiles are mesh, you aren't trapping the liquid down there as there is still enough airflow to allow for proper evaporation. I have not experienced any mold growth or anything on account of the moisture yet. I've even pressure washed the entire tile structure once to get a nice clean on it, then just left the garage open all day to dry out.
Old 04-24-18, 02:50 PM
lamikela1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by charley95
I did not use any free flow tiles on mine. I did seal the floor as I know that some water will get down through the tiles at some point. But just like np20412 said it will run down the floor underneath the tile as there is plenty of space underneath for water to run down the slope of the floor. Our car is not a DD so I really only need to worry about the truck dripping water on wet days.
I should also mention that the tiles have a tight fit. So if there is just a small puddle on the floor it may not even drip through the tile.
Old 04-24-18, 04:48 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I had the cruise control switch replaced to the tune of $400. I am sure it would have been cheaper at my local independent Lexus mechanic's store, but I needed a car and the dealer gave me a loaner for three days. I drove an NX, which was significantly underwhelming.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?