GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What did you do to your GS today?

Old 02-12-18, 08:41 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by ph0bolus
Was warm out today so i decided to switch out the stock puddle lights to LED, was successful in doing so, but there
were complications.

This happened on the passenger side mirror, which was weird because I was more aggressive on the driver side, and no cracks there. Anyone know how hard it is to switch out the mirrors?
You have dried up wax on the inside edge of your side mirror. It's a rubber material so the wax sticks to it like glue.
Old 02-12-18, 11:15 AM
OneFunGS
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

^ I'm not sure that is much of a concern now that the mirror is cracked in half....
Old 02-12-18, 08:00 PM
Knucklebus
Instructor

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts

In this picture, you can see two things I did to my GS tonight. One good, one not!

I installed my splash guards but I had one lug nut that wouldn't torque down.

I was afraid of this and it snapped off. How big of a pain is this going to be? Is it much like any other car I've owned, take the caliper/rotor off, knock it out and press or use an old nut to pull it in? Anyone got a link to a DIY?
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GS today?-20180212_214858.jpg  
Old 02-13-18, 09:18 AM
berichgsF
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Slapped on new rims

Work VS-FX 19's 9.5 and 10.5. Looks beefy sitting on BC Coils and everyone wants me to bag it but I like it the way it sits LOL
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GS today?-lexo.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Pacman9270 (02-13-18)
Old 02-15-18, 11:24 AM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Upgraded trunk light to LED panel. Huge improvement.
Easy install: remove light cover, remove bulb, install new, replace cover, and see!

Have some extras for sale. If you want one, PM me.

Before
Attachment 487073

After
Attachment 487074

LED Board and Adapter
Attachment 489276
Old 02-15-18, 04:32 PM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Started my LED conversion. Waxed it weather was nice.

Last edited by Superman60; 02-16-18 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-16-18, 09:39 AM
yllwneck86
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my GS back from the dealership after 3 weeks. I've only owned the car for the same time period while it was in the shop. Had the 2 front parking sensors replaced because they kept setting the parking assist alarm off with out anything obstructing the front of the car. I also had the rear valance panel replaced because the passenger side exhaust duct appeared to be bent upwards. The dealership stated that none of my repairs were covered under my comprehensive warranty because they said I had prior knowledge that the car was involved in an accident. The service manager even brought out the carfax and pointed on the part where I signed off that I was shown about the collision and repair. I made him read the carfax again and point out the part that said the car was side swiped. I mentioned to him that no where did it say anything that the car had any front or rear collision damage. After 2 weeks of going back and forth with the service and sales manager; everything was replaced with nothing out of my pocket. Still trying to transition back to my GS while I had a 2018 ES as a loaner.
Old 02-16-18, 01:00 PM
bb700092
Intermediate

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by yllwneck86
Got my GS back from the dealership after 3 weeks. I've only owned the car for the same time period while it was in the shop. Had the 2 front parking sensors replaced because they kept setting the parking assist alarm off with out anything obstructing the front of the car. I also had the rear valance panel replaced because the passenger side exhaust duct appeared to be bent upwards. The dealership stated that none of my repairs were covered under my comprehensive warranty because they said I had prior knowledge that the car was involved in an accident. The service manager even brought out the carfax and pointed on the part where I signed off that I was shown about the collision and repair. I made him read the carfax again and point out the part that said the car was side swiped. I mentioned to him that no where did it say anything that the car had any front or rear collision damage. After 2 weeks of going back and forth with the service and sales manager; everything was replaced with nothing out of my pocket. Still trying to transition back to my GS while I had a 2018 ES as a loaner.
Good job
Old 02-16-18, 01:59 PM
ThumbsUp
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Baby got New Shoes

I actually did it last weekend, but I put new boots on the GS. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. After a week of driving, I can say that this is one sticky tire. Every time I vary the slightest off the normal drive line, these things pick up gravel like a set of Hoosier race tires. Overall, I am extremely impressed. They obviously perform excellent in the dry, and I have yet to break them loose in the wet (but it is an AWD car!). Noise is reduced from the Michelin Primacy that was on the car. Only time will tell how these sticky boots will wear.

great tire; highly recommended.
Old 02-17-18, 06:16 PM
Pacman9270
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FINALLY washed my car. My first time hand-washing it. I'm tired of the added cobweb scratches from the local car wash and am working on my hand washing technique/process.
Old 02-17-18, 06:20 PM
Kodiak303
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha that is so sick brah
Old 02-17-18, 08:34 PM
EnvyDiz
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Before pix
Before pix
just got it back from the body shop
Old 02-19-18, 05:14 AM
ph0bolus
Intermediate

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by EnvyDiz
Before pix
just got it back from the body shop
Glad to see you got it back to looking good!

Installed a painted rear window spoiler yesterday, and experimented with some plastidip.

I wanted to do the chrome trim as well, but had to go somewhere, so was in a hurry which screwed up most of the paint when I took off the tape on the window trim and front grill. Going to have to redo it next weekend. The badges look OK though, didn't get a chance to put a coat of gloss on it. Hopefully I can tape it off a bit quicker this next time around, it took me two hours to prep it yesterday and still screwed it up .
Old 02-19-18, 09:14 AM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ph0bolus
Glad to see you got it back to looking good!

Installed a painted rear window spoiler yesterday, and experimented with some plastidip.

I wanted to do the chrome trim as well, but had to go somewhere, so was in a hurry which screwed up most of the paint when I took off the tape on the window trim and front grill. Going to have to redo it next weekend. The badges look OK though, didn't get a chance to put a coat of gloss on it. Hopefully I can tape it off a bit quicker this next time around, it took me two hours to prep it yesterday and still screwed it up .
Nice roof spoiler!
Old 02-19-18, 11:28 AM
2ltrgsr
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did stoptech rotors and pads all around along with brake fluid change.
noticable difference for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your GS today?