GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

DMV: Did someone just trade in their 2014 GS 350 F-Sport to Alexandria Volkswagen??

Old 01-12-17, 02:01 PM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DMV: Did someone just trade in their 2014 GS 350 F-Sport to Alexandria Volkswagen??

I am in the market for a Lexus GS 350 F-Sport. I found one at Alexandria Volkswagen here in Alexandria, Va. With a beauty like this, i am sure that the former owner who just recently traded the car in is on these forums.
http://www.alexandriavw.com/VehicleD...-VA/2912585673

Im thinking of buying it, but the rear end was hit as you can see from the pictures, Im just wondering how bad it was hit..because the trunk doesnt even close properly.
Old 01-12-17, 02:26 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,986 Likes on 1,411 Posts

I think this car has been involved in two accidents. One accident was on 5/24/2016 in New Jersey involving the left front at about 26,068 miles. On 8/8/2016 the car was sold at auction.

I don't know when the second accident happened, or what it involved.

Personally, I would avoid any car that was sold at auction...because it was deemed not worthy of being sold by the dealer.
Old 01-12-17, 02:45 PM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bclexus
I think this car has been involved in two accidents. One accident was on 5/24/2016 in New Jersey involving the left front at about 26,068 miles. On 8/8/2016 the car was sold at auction.

I don't know when the second accident happened, or what it involved.

Personally, I would avoid any car that was sold at auction...because it was deemed not worthy of being sold by the dealer.

Yeah it has been in two. Im assuming the rear end hit was not reported on the car fax.

Oh i see, i didnt know thats what cars being sold at the auction meant. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-12-17, 02:59 PM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

As a dealer - Please do your research ALWAYS when purchasing vehicles. There are a LOT of great cars at auctions, but as BCLexus said, sometimes cars to get sent there that dealers do not seem fit to be on their lot. This one specifically most likely because of the hit (2x), which a lot of dealers try to avoid (including myself).

But with thorough research, you can find great vehicles that have come from auctions. Just make sure you know everything about it.
Old 01-12-17, 03:22 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

A ton of GS350s in Nor Cal come from the auctions in So Cal. The lease return market is saturated down there so dealers send cars to auctions and the Lexus dealers up here are scooping them up and CPO'ing them. Many of them are in excellent condition. So auction or not, just really dive into the history of the car.

@locdawgg, you can get a clean F sport for around that price. I would stay away from this one unless they discount it wayyy more.
Old 01-12-17, 08:05 PM
CouveGS
Pit Crew

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Got my GS from auction and its perfect. Full service history at Lexus and the dealer I got it from replaced the tires and brakes. Make a profile on the Lexus Service website and add the VIN and see what records come up. I didn't bother looking at a few cars when I was shopping because Lexus mentioned previous damage not reported on Carfax or client declining recommended services.

Do your research and get an independent PDI before buying.
The following users liked this post:
lxusfsport (03-15-17)
Old 01-12-17, 08:30 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would steer clear of this Frankenstein!!!
Old 01-13-17, 12:25 PM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone! Yeah they wanted 32.7k out the door. Which was way too much for me, i offererd 26-27k Out the door but they wouldnt budge.

Im having trouble finding a F-Sport Model for around 30k...But i guess i have to be more patient. I just really enjoyed this interior.
Old 01-13-17, 01:44 PM
acnup00tl
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by locdawgg
Thanks everyone! Yeah they wanted 32.7k out the door. Which was way too much for me, i offererd 26-27k Out the door but they wouldnt budge.

Im having trouble finding a F-Sport Model for around 30k...But i guess i have to be more patient. I just really enjoyed this interior.
I found plenty of F sports under 30k in my search when I was searching a few months ago, but they were all RWD which is what I'm sure you are looking for since you are in Florida, it took me 6 months to find my cherry , and I couldn't be happier... I paid 29k for mine with 37k miles AWD, Lux package ,and Levinson , and was cert pre owned just a few months earlier... Just takes a little patience ...

Last edited by acnup00tl; 01-13-17 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-13-17, 01:50 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I love when they say in the ad..

This vehicle is priced within 4% of the average price for a 2014 Lexus GS in the Alexandria area.
  •  
    •  
      • Predicted Market Price
      • $ 31,362
    •  
      • Current Listed Price
      • - $ 30,000
    •  
    • Is that market value include two accidents?
    • Auction car with two accidents.
    • I wouldn't walk away from that GS..............I'd run!
Old 01-13-17, 07:58 PM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The LARGE majority of used cars you see (at any dealership as you're driving down the road) are bought at auction. Yes, most dealers re-sell trade ins, but they sell many more used cars than they can get via trade in. They want to sell as many used as possible, as the profit margins are higher than new in general. There is NOTHING bad about a car bought/sold through auction.

That is the sole business of companies like Manheim. They buy and sell to dealers all over the country.

Some people confuse auction purchases and wholesale auction purchases.

Last edited by DP03; 01-13-17 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-14-17, 03:53 AM
teezee1000
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DP03
The LARGE majority of used cars you see (at any dealership as you're driving down the road) are bought at auction. Yes, most dealers re-sell trade ins, but they sell many more used cars than they can get via trade in. They want to sell as many used as possible, as the profit margins are higher than new in general. There is NOTHING bad about a car bought/sold through auction.

That is the sole business of companies like Manheim. They buy and sell to dealers all over the country.

Some people confuse auction purchases and wholesale auction purchases.
I agree with this an auction has become more of a national network than a dumping ground. Certain vehicles sell better in certain areas so its a good source for dealerships to move low demand vehicles in their areas for high demand vehicles. Some have been accident but you will need to do your own research and judgement on those.
Old 01-14-17, 08:57 AM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by acnup00tl
I found plenty of F sports under 30k in my search when I was searching a few months ago, but they were all RWD which is what I'm sure you are looking for since you are in Florida, it took me 6 months to find my cherry , and I couldn't be happier... I paid 29k for mine with 37k miles AWD, Lux package ,and Levinson , and was cert pre owned just a few months earlier... Just takes a little patience ...

Thats a great price. I would be happy if i can find a car like that for that price. Im actually looking for an AWD. I live in the Maryland/DC area now.
Old 01-14-17, 09:51 AM
locdawgg
Driver School Candidate

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...delCode1=GS350

Someone give me some insight on this one? Carfax says "It hit a moveable object" The car looks good throughout its life after wards, service history done properly at dealerships....but then all of a sudden it went to auction. what does that mean exactly?
Old 01-14-17, 10:58 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by locdawgg
Thats a great price. I would be happy if i can find a car like that for that price. Im actually looking for an AWD. I live in the Maryland/DC area now.
These F sport AWD are flying off the shelves in our area. I had Lexus willing to buy out my lease to put me into a new one. I might consider it but I don't know yet. I have only 17K on the car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DMV: Did someone just trade in their 2014 GS 350 F-Sport to Alexandria Volkswagen??