GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Two sets of wheels for TPMS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-17, 08:13 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Two sets of wheels for TPMS?

Hi all. I did a search but couldn't get a definite answer for the 4th gen. Can our GS350s allow for two sets of wheels to be TPMS programmed? I know of some other models that allow owners to switch between summer and winter wheels. Instead of having to take it to a shop to get the TPMS reprogrammed every time, you can switch a setting to go from one set of wheels to the other. Do our cars have this option? Thanks!
Old 01-12-17, 12:03 AM
bentleymp2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curious to know the same. I'm not of any help here but thanks for for asking the question!
Old 01-12-17, 03:03 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Look under either the driver side or passenger side dash.. there should be switches for TPMS & AFS if I remember correct. You'll have to lay your back on the floor and look directly under but I believe there is a switch that will allow you to have winter wheels. My 07 GS450h has this feature as well.
Old 01-12-17, 03:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by kamskeez
Hi all. I did a search but couldn't get a definite answer for the 4th gen. Can our GS350s allow for two sets of wheels to be TPMS programmed? I know of some other models that allow owners to switch between summer and winter wheels. Instead of having to take it to a shop to get the TPMS reprogrammed every time, you can switch a setting to go from one set of wheels to the other. Do our cars have this option? Thanks!
No they do not allow for two sets of TPMS, the 3rd gen allowed that and this model they did away with it. Only way is to reprogram it every time you switch.
Old 01-12-17, 07:20 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTOh
Look under either the driver side or passenger side dash.. there should be switches for TPMS & AFS if I remember correct. You'll have to lay your back on the floor and look directly under but I believe there is a switch that will allow you to have winter wheels. My 07 GS450h has this feature as well.
No.... 4th gen does not have that.
Old 01-12-17, 07:31 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by kamskeez
There are several ways to do this:

1) You can get the ATEQ Quickset from Amazon, which stores the IDs for both sets of wheels and basically reprograms for you when swapping. Note, that you MUST have the IDs beforehand(write down the IDs before the tires get mounted on the wheels) as the tool doesn't "read" the IDs.
https://www.amazon.com/ATEQ-QuickSet.../dp/B008SCWXN4

2) Techstream

3) You can get aftermarket sensors that can "clone" the same set of IDs as your current sensors. Most tire shops can do this, but it may not be cheap.

4) Reprogram at the dealer/tire shop every seasons. $$$ and a hassle especially if you can/willing to swap your own tires at home.

5) Screw TPMS, put a piece of black tape over the TPMS warning light
The following users liked this post:
Appointed (01-18-17)
Old 01-12-17, 07:41 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Another option is Carista. I was able to program a new set of sensors to my car using the app from my phone. I believe the function is still in beta testing phase, but you can ask them to add you to the test group to try out the function and send them debug data.
Old 01-12-17, 12:23 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought ATEQ Quickset and it works great. If you don,t have the serial number for your TPMS, you need toprogram the mounted wheels to the quickset. Swap out the wheels, go to Discount Tires and have them reprogram your TPMS to your car. Go home and program the second set to the Quickset. Discount Tires will reprogram your TPMS for free.

Originally Posted by er34

1) You can get the ATEQ Quickset from Amazon, which stores the IDs for both sets of wheels and basically reprograms for you when swapping. Note, that you MUST have the IDs beforehand(write down the IDs before the tires get mounted on the wheels) as the tool doesn't "read" the IDs.

2) Techstream

3) You can get aftermarket sensors that can "clone" the same set of IDs as your current sensors. Most tire shops can do this, but it may not be cheap.

4) Reprogram at the dealer/tire shop every seasons. $$$ and a hassle especially if you can/willing to swap your own tires at home.

Old 01-12-17, 02:23 PM
Nasrul3698
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What if my car doesn't have the TPMS button under the steering wheel? /:
Old 01-12-17, 03:24 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pqn628
I bought ATEQ Quickset and it works great. If you don,t have the serial number for your TPMS, you need toprogram the mounted wheels to the quickset. Swap out the wheels, go to Discount Tires and have them reprogram your TPMS to your car. Go home and program the second set to the Quickset. Discount Tires will reprogram your TPMS for free.
Solid advice as I do not have the serials. Thank you!
Old 01-12-17, 03:26 PM
kamskeez
Pole Position

Originally Posted by er34

2) Techstream

Thanks for the link! Will be grabbing one.