ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Akebono vs Centric vs Brembo vs Stoptech - Brake Pads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/833402-akebono-vs-centric-vs-brembo-vs-stoptech-brake-pads.html)

kamskeez 09-05-16 01:40 PM

Akebono vs Centric vs Brembo vs Stoptech - Brake Pads

Hi everyone. I did a search and found most people on here who desire low brake dust replacing their OEM pads with either Akebono, Centric, Brembo or Stoptech pads. I was wondering if anybody had recommendations of one over the other? Looking for low dust, low noise, and OEM/high stopping power.

Here are the specific pads I'm looking at:
- Akebono - ProAct Ceramic Pads (#ACT1118)
- Centric - Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads (#105.11180)
- Brembo - Ceramic Brake Pads (#P83072N)
- Stoptech - Sport Pads (#309.11180) (not ceramic, but claims low dust)

I have a '14 RWD F-Sport and will be getting my front rotors turned within the next week. I figured it'd be a good time to replace the pads as I'm tired of the crazy amounts of brake dust from the OEM pads. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

DallasDave 09-05-16 02:20 PM

I've run Akebono on my Acura RL, BMW 5 series and on the wife's MB GL550. I highly recommend them. Almost no brake dust and as good/better performance as OEM.

SNiiP3R 09-05-16 02:22 PM

I have Centric - Posi Quiet Ceramic. I like them a lot, low dust, zero noise.

AJLex19 09-05-16 04:13 PM

Have had great experience with Akebono's and Centric (had Centric on my older GS430). The Akebono's have great bite - very similar to OEM with low dust.

Nasrul3698 09-05-16 10:04 PM

I'm pretty sure the StopTech has the best bite out of the 4 but I'm not sure about the dust and sound. In general Ceramics do produce less noise

jonathanz 09-06-16 05:44 AM

Akebono FTW!

Bartman619 09-06-16 07:41 AM

I had the Stoptechs on my e90. They do stop better and dust less than stock, but dust more that Ceramic pads. I did notice that they did wear pretty quick. Some noise when the pad was cold. After about a year of driving, half of the pad was already worn. I'm not sure if it was due to my spirited driving or nature of the pad itself.

homeboyv 09-06-16 07:50 AM

Just had the Akebono brake pads put on a few weeks ago and have been really happy with them. Very good bite and no noise or brake dust.

1VIPGSF 09-06-16 08:23 AM

This was very helpful. Gotta keep this in mind...

bclexus 09-06-16 08:24 AM

Huh, wonder why Lexus doesn't use one of those brand's brake pads?

SNiiP3R 09-06-16 10:38 AM

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly StopTech pads are made by Centric.

LatinLS430 09-06-16 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R (Post 9609693)
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly StopTech pads are made by Centric.

Yes, that's true. You'll save some money by buying the Centric brand instead of StopTech.

Bartman619 09-06-16 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by LatinGSF (Post 9609719)
Yes, that's true. You'll save some money by buying the Centric brand instead of StopTech.

That's right. The Stop Tech pads are the performance oriented pads compared to the other Centric Pads.

mrpartsman 09-06-16 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by kamskeez (Post 9608826)
Hi everyone. I did a search and found most people on here who desire low brake dust replacing their OEM pads with either Akebono, Centric, Brembo or Stoptech pads. I was wondering if anybody had recommendations of one over the other? Looking for low dust, low noise, and OEM/high stopping power.

Here are the specific pads I'm looking at:
- Akebono - ProAct Ceramic Pads (#ACT1118)
- Centric - Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads (#105.11180)
- Brembo - Ceramic Brake Pads (#P83072N)
- Stoptech - Sport Pads (#309.11180) (not ceramic, but claims low dust)

I have a '14 RWD F-Sport and will be getting my front rotors turned within the next week. I figured it'd be a good time to replace the pads as I'm tired of the crazy amounts of brake dust from the OEM pads. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

here is my experience as wholesaler and I have used all these brands
Akebono is the best no noise and no dust its one of my best pads I have ever used in my life.
Centric pads are very good low brake dust and no noise and that all depends how good ur rotors are.
Brembo just hit the market so u cant compare it to the real Brembo pads those are whole different material they use, they are not bad but I have not used it on a GS before.
Stoptech is the same as Centric same company, the 309 series is very good pads lots of dust, but stops good specially when they warm up I had those on my BBK .
so I would use the Akebono specially those guys with the F-Sport package and they wont replace the 2 pc rotors and they gonna pad slap it, those pads work great.

Nasrul3698 09-06-16 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mrpartsman (Post 9609783)
here is my experience as wholesaler and I have used all these brands
Akebono is the best no noise and no dust its one of my best pads I have ever used in my life.
Centric pads are very good low brake dust and no noise and that all depends how good ur rotors are.
Brembo just hit the market so u cant compare it to the real Brembo pads those are whole different material they use, they are not bad but I have not used it on a GS before.
Stoptech is the same as Centric same company, the 309 series is very good pads lots of dust, but stops good specially when they warm up I had those on my BBK .
so I would use the Akebono specially those guys with the F-Sport package and they wont replace the 2 pc rotors and they gonna pad slap it, those pads work great.

are the Akebonos bite as good as the StopTechs?