ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   ECO Mode (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/832223-eco-mode.html)

MustangSal 08-24-16 05:00 AM

ECO Mode

Does anyone? Ever?

Long road trips, maybe?

mrpink13 08-24-16 05:18 AM

ever? i didnt know we were driving porches... i use it 75% of the time.

puffdaddy 08-24-16 06:00 AM

Not on a bet, with a gun to my head!
Ok.... maybe not that extreme, but have not once used it.
Normal 20% (highway)
Sport 60%
Sport+ 20%
When I first got the car, I used Sport+ 90+ percent of the time trying to make it more like my BMW 535i. I have become used to the reduced performance, so I don't need Sport+ all the time. I do love the transmission in this car (the E60 sucked)!

jonathanz 08-24-16 06:07 AM

i'm always on sport if i want to relax, sport+ if i want little bumpy and turns

JDR76 08-24-16 06:37 AM

I usually leave it in Eco while running errands and such, as long as it isn't too warm outside.

MustangSal 08-24-16 06:53 AM

I'm pretty much fine with normal mode almost all of the time. Sport and + are fun, but for the most part, normal is it. ECO felt pretty sluggish (it is ECO after all). Anyone know what ECO actually invoke on the car?

JDR76 08-24-16 07:03 AM

Eco mode basically tones down the throttle inputs, shifts the transmission earlier, and reduces HVAC.

I really hated Eco mode on my IS, as I didn't find it to be very effective, but I seem to have very good results with it on my GS. But on the real hot summer days, it reduces the AC too much so I use normal mode, at least until the car cools down.

After a short time you get used to Eco mode and it doesn't feel that sluggish, but then when you go from Eco to Sport S+, you're like... :eek3:

praetor 08-24-16 07:36 AM

I pretty much only use Eco during the winter. Eco brings the idle RPMs down where the car doesn't want to lunge forward when the engine is still warming up. Other than that, I mostly leave it on normal with the occasional S+.

I definitely don't use Eco during hot weather as it really limits the AC.

teezee1000 08-24-16 07:52 AM

Recently I have been on ECO about 75% just going back and forth to work (no rush to get there, lol) and running errands. I do agree with JDR76 when I flip it to sports/sports+ its like a whole new car for me. which is what I like.

jdigga99 08-24-16 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by teezee1000 (Post 9595567)
Recently I have been on ECO about 75% just going back and forth to work (no rush to get there, lol) and running errands. I do agree with JDR76 when I flip it to sports/sports+ its like a whole new car for me. which is what I like.

I do the same, the traffic here in Dallas is horrible so i'm on Eco mode a lot.l

islandbeef 08-24-16 08:35 AM

Long commutes and drives, yes. Helps stretch the MPG's. Even with falling gas prices, I still do it. I might try going regular unleaded with ECO, see what happens.

Even in ECO mode, I still get decent pickup off the line (like, Honda Accord fast) but I still miss regular/sport mode, I save that for Sundays.

/shrugs

bclexus 08-24-16 08:47 AM

I never use ECO mode - it just doesn't feel right. Personally, I'm not interested in saving a few bucks on gas by using ECO mode, or by using lower octane gasoline.

jjashaa 08-24-16 09:17 AM

ECO mode mostly when i'm on freeways or small little road trips...

daily commute, i go between ECO and Normal... i rarely go on sport modes

Lakersfan 08-24-16 09:31 AM

only when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. figure it saves gas from the constant stop and go

atrac7 08-24-16 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by islandbeef (Post 9595622)
Long commutes and drives, yes. Helps stretch the MPG's. Even with falling gas prices, I still do it. I might try going regular unleaded with ECO, see what happens.

Even in ECO mode, I still get decent pickup off the line (like, Honda Accord fast) but I still miss regular/sport mode, I save that for Sundays.

/shrugs

Is this common? Where members deviate away from "Premium Only"?