GS on 22"

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-16, 12:33 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by EnvyDiz
why would you go 22s on a GS?
Why not? Im on 3 piece ag wheels dropped, and rides super smooth and yes strectched rubberband tires as well. Look is hella different than anyone else on here with the same old tired wheels or paying 2 grand and going from 19s to 20s or 18s that I will never understand. the car gets alot of great feedback and attention from young and old, Personally I had to do it because I would leave my front bumper on the drive way on 20s. But at the end of the day its what ever style you choose to go with... Im ME! And I like to look different than everyone else. No matter what any one has to say...
Attached Thumbnails GS on 22"-photo352.jpg  
Old 08-05-16, 02:44 PM
EnvyDiz
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by gekae24
Why not? Im on 3 piece ag wheels dropped, and rides super smooth and yes strectched rubberband tires as well. Look is hella different than anyone else on here with the same old tired wheels or paying 2 grand and going from 19s to 20s or 18s that I will never understand. the car gets alot of great feedback and attention from young and old, Personally I had to do it because I would leave my front bumper on the drive way on 20s. But at the end of the day its what ever style you choose to go with... Im ME! And I like to look different than everyone else. No matter what any one has to say...
putting 20s on a GS is more then enough but its you car u can do whatever u like not like i was bashing all i asked was why? BTW 2k for a set of rims is nothing people spend even more for wheels You pay for what u get in quality thats just my 2 cent
Old 08-06-16, 04:55 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

yours looks really nice bro I saw it in another thread
Old 08-06-16, 09:00 AM
y2tony3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think anyone was specifically talking about you or your car directly. Just like a lot of people here I think your car looks dope but its just not the best option because it involves a lot wear and tear on the car itself. Plus the driving experience is not great. btw I've seen hundreds of GS on 22's so I would say its the same about seeing the same ol 22's on a gs. Everybody has 20's or 22's, dropped on Tanabe or RSR, body kits or non body kits, its all the same... If you really want to be different throw some 13' daytons with some switches and you be killing the game

at the end of the day drive your car as you please, but it never hurts to get someone's opinion.
Old 08-06-16, 12:32 PM
R6_Dude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice! loving the finish on the wheel as well
Old 08-07-16, 12:33 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by y2tony3
I don't think anyone was specifically talking about you or your car directly. Just like a lot of people here I think your car looks dope but its just not the best option because it involves a lot wear and tear on the car itself. Plus the driving experience is not great. btw I've seen hundreds of GS on 22's so I would say its the same about seeing the same ol 22's on a gs. Everybody has 20's or 22's, dropped on Tanabe or RSR, body kits or non body kits, its all the same... If you really want to be different throw some 13' daytons with some switches and you be killing the game

at the end of the day drive your car as you please, but it never hurts to get someone's opinion.
He asked, and I responded as to why in my case....thats all. I think Ill keep the dayton option open for my 87 Grandmational, but thanks for the opinion.
Old 08-07-16, 12:40 AM
gekae24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EnvyDiz
putting 20s on a GS is more then enough but its you car u can do whatever u like not like i was bashing all i asked was why? BTW 2k for a set of rims is nothing people spend even more for wheels You pay for what u get in quality thats just my 2 cent
Never said you were bashing, you asked why and I replied why for my particular choice. My driveway wont allow slammed on 20s hell the stock 19s had to pull in side ways. So, 22s with rubberbands and no wheel gap it was. As for paying 2k-6k for wheels just to go from 19s -20s I will never understand. Or vice versa just me. Trust me I know all to well the wheel prices. Had HREs, vip modulars , forgiatos, asantis prior to my Ag's but honestly all the same its just how you maintain them and drive.