GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS 2016 bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-16, 11:44 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
He is done with the car, here is the link ck it out.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...verted-gs.html
yeah he's done with the conversion but did he get his head lights working as well? The last I heard he only had the LED fog lights on and working. NXXT give us an update please.
Old 07-30-16, 11:59 AM
NXXT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys! Unfortunately I have not had my headlights wired yet. My shop that did my widebody, paint work, conversion, etc could not get them to work and they build cars from the ground up. From my understanding is they run off something like data signals as well as electricity. I have a guy that works at a dealership who saw my car when it was done at the shop. He decided to take on the challenge. He doesn't want to burn my headlights up however so he needed to acquire a warrantied set from work that he could practice on he says. He finally got LS headlights now. Last I spoke with him, he said he was going to practice with those over the weekend and see if he was brave enough to do mine. Basically he is going to by-pass the whole computer system and go straight for electrical power. We will see how it goes. For now I'm just waiting lol
Old 07-30-16, 12:01 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the update!
Old 07-30-16, 12:49 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by NXXT
Hey guys! Unfortunately I have not had my headlights wired yet. My shop that did my widebody, paint work, conversion, etc could not get them to work and they build cars from the ground up. From my understanding is they run off something like data signals as well as electricity. I have a guy that works at a dealership who saw my car when it was done at the shop. He decided to take on the challenge. He doesn't want to burn my headlights up however so he needed to acquire a warrantied set from work that he could practice on he says. He finally got LS headlights now. Last I spoke with him, he said he was going to practice with those over the weekend and see if he was brave enough to do mine. Basically he is going to by-pass the whole computer system and go straight for electrical power. We will see how it goes. For now I'm just waiting lol
Thank you for the update! Hopefully you can get them working.
Old 07-30-16, 01:03 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Good luck man. We're all waiting! Do you think the non triple beam LEDs are plug and play?
Old 07-31-16, 05:48 AM
Nixus
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpartsman
He is done with the car, here is the link ck it out.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...verted-gs.html
Was looking for that
Old 07-31-16, 05:54 AM
Nixus
Rookie

So if one were to have the 2013 LED head lights from the factory would it be a simular scenario?
Old 11-06-16, 12:19 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Does anyone know if you're able to use the old parking sensors? I want to do the conversion but I really don't want to buy a new set of sensors. If so, anyone know the price breakdown including the sensors and whatever else I might not know about that would be necessary?
Old 11-06-16, 11:57 AM
Nixus
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjn88
Does anyone know if you're able to use the old parking sensors? I want to do the conversion but I really don't want to buy a new set of sensors. If so, anyone know the price breakdown including the sensors and whatever else I might not know about that would be necessary?
Drill out the holes a little bigger so you can fit the old sensors. The newer sensors are wired completly different and won't work on your 13 GS
Old 11-07-16, 06:12 AM
NXXT
Driver

Did you get your lights to work because I sure haven't ? lol
Old 11-07-16, 06:17 AM
NXXT
Driver

My temporary solution to driving at night. I have a third shop currently trying to figure out the headlights. We can only get the blinkers to work. My car has been in and out of Killer Hot Rods so this is why I haven't had a chance to finally wire them up or try at least
Old 11-07-16, 07:35 AM
Nixus
Rookie

Did you get your lights to work because I sure haven't ? lol
I'm assuming you have the LED computers for the headlights.
The little boxes that look like a HID ballast.
Old 11-07-16, 08:15 AM
NXXT
Driver

What do you mean? Not sure if you mean a separate piece because the headlights have their own attached to them
Old 11-07-16, 01:31 PM
Nixus
Rookie

What do you mean? Not sure if you mean a separate piece because the headlights have their own attached to them
On the head light there should be a small module attached to the bottom. Every seller of the headlights I've seen for sale didn't include them.
Old 11-07-16, 03:42 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Looking to get the bumper and grill soon. Im gonna be using the 13+ headlights and sensors. Did anyone else reuse their sensors?

Last edited by mjn88; 11-07-16 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: GS 2016 bumper