GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-16, 10:47 AM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!

Just wanted to share with everyone who has been thinking about doing this mod. Decided to finally pull the trigger since the cost was very affordable. Josh from Meraki Automworks hooked me up. Gave me a great price compared to some other sources on this product. He met up with me in Orange County to pick up the part since I did not want to wait for shipping. Great customer service.

Package:
Intake came in a nicely designed box (similar to a motorcycle helmet box). Content inside was extremely well engineered and packaged. The kit came with the piping itself (lightweight), a few clamps, and instructions.

Installation:
Installation was straight forward. If you can can wash your car, you can swap out this intake without a hitch. Install took a good 20 minutes since I was wiping down dust etc in between.

Performance:
If you are looking for sound increase, this intake gives you no extra "sound" whatsoever. What is does give you is a little better throttle response and less hesitation when applying the gas. To me, it just makes the car feel smoother with a constant power band compared to before it would feel like something was holding it back.

Is it worth it?
My overall opinion of the HPS Intake was that it gave me a much better response when driving. This was the only intake which allows you to keep the factory sound generator. I plan to buy a K&N drop-in filter which should help it breath even better. For about $160, this will be the only thing that will actually do something for your car and looks cool if anything when you pop the hood. I would recommended this product.
Attached Thumbnails HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!-img_9819.jpg   HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!-img_9823.jpg   HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!-img_9825.jpg   HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!-img_9830.jpg   HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!-img_9834.jpg  

Old 07-18-16, 11:17 AM
jdigga99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx for the review and the pix man, that's one of the few things I was thinking of doing to mine.
Old 07-18-16, 11:19 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Thanks for the review, was wondering when someone would do this.
Old 07-18-16, 12:02 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkwinning
Just wanted to share with everyone who has been thinking about doing this mod. Decided to finally pull the trigger since the cost was very affordable. Josh from Meraki Automworks hooked me up. Gave me a great price compared to some other sources on this product. He met up with me in Orange County to pick up the part since I did not want to wait for shipping. Great customer service.

Package:
Intake came in a nicely designed box (similar to a motorcycle helmet box). Content inside was extremely well engineered and packaged. The kit came with the piping itself (lightweight), a few clamps, and instructions.

Installation:
Installation was straight forward. If you can can wash your car, you can swap out this intake without a hitch. Install took a good 20 minutes since I was wiping down dust etc in between.

Performance:
If you are looking for sound increase, this intake gives you no extra "sound" whatsoever. What is does give you is a little better throttle response and less hesitation when applying the gas. To me, it just makes the car feel smoother with a constant power band compared to before it would feel like something was holding it back.

Is it worth it?
My overall opinion of the HPS Intake was that it gave me a much better response when driving. This was the only intake which allows you to keep the factory sound generator. I plan to buy a K&N drop-in filter which should help it breath even better. For about $160, this will be the only thing that will actually do something for your car and looks cool if anything when you pop the hood. I would recommended this product.
Do you know if this will void the 72K power-train warranty?
Old 07-18-16, 12:31 PM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
Do you know if this will void the 72K power-train warranty?
This may be a question to ask you dealer. But it is so simple to switch back if anything ever were to happen. As long as any problems you may have does not involve or is caused by the "intake", you should be fine.
Old 07-18-16, 12:34 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

From past experience, I'd skip the K&N drop in filter.
Old 07-18-16, 03:37 PM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I noticed the improvement in throttle response as well. The sound generator kicks in at the same time and the same loudness as before with the stock intake. The addition of the Invidia axle back exhaust made it little more responsive as well. I'm also running the drop in K&N filter as well.
Old 07-18-16, 03:57 PM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2Squared
I noticed the improvement in throttle response as well. The sound generator kicks in at the same time and the same loudness as before with the stock intake. The addition of the Invidia axle back exhaust made it little more responsive as well. I'm also running the drop in K&N filter as well.
Did you purchase your K&N the same time as the HPS? I'm debating if I should stick to stock or get it. Some people say the stock is better for this setup.
Old 07-18-16, 04:25 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome review man!
Old 07-18-16, 06:06 PM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkwinning
Did you purchase your K&N the same time as the HPS? I'm debating if I should stick to stock or get it. Some people say the stock is better for this setup.
I installed it prior to buying/installing the HPS intake. There was a noticeable throttle response after installing the filter and then a bigger difference with the HPS intake.
Old 07-18-16, 07:38 PM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for the review! I will add that to my list after I get my Invidia (full catback) exhaust.
Old 07-19-16, 02:43 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Thanks for the review and the easy transaction!

If anyone else is interested in the HPS pipe, feel free to message me or a price!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-19-16, 09:23 AM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2Squared
I installed it prior to buying/installing the HPS intake. There was a noticeable throttle response after installing the filter and then a bigger difference with the HPS intake.
I may order one and give it a try. My only concern from previous cars I've had (Infiniti G37 Coupe), the oil from the filter made the throttle body extremely dirty.
Old 07-19-16, 12:27 PM
fssach
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Review. Based on your review I emailed Josh and ordered both the HPS Pipe and the K&A Filter. Josh seems extremely easy to work with, I would suggest others go through him as his prices are very good.
Old 07-19-16, 12:29 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by fssach
Thanks for the Review. Based on your review I emailed Josh and ordered both the HPS Pipe and the K&A Filter. Josh seems extremely easy to work with, I would suggest others go through him as his prices are very good.
Thank you!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: HPS Intake INSTALLED/REVIEW!!!