GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

This SUCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-16, 02:11 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts
Default This SUCKS!!!

Just saw this today. Can the PDR guys fix this? I do have a free PDR with my tire and wheel plus pack.

I feel like throwing a brick to whoever did this face.
Old 06-10-16, 02:15 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Dammit it man. Is there paint damage or is that a scuff?
Old 06-10-16, 02:16 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
Dammit it man. Is there paint damage or is that a scuff?
Paint damage too.
Old 06-10-16, 02:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I kinda have an idea on who might've done it.

This must've happened 2 days ago and I know I park far away at all times at work and there was another car next to me yesterday but it was on my driver side and this ding is on the passenger side fender, plus that car was white and that's a dark gray/black paint that's transferred to mine.

My neighbor is currently having a guest staying for a while and drives a dark gray SUV and always park next to my passenger side. Hmmm.. I'm gonna check his rear door today and if I see a silver paint on it, we're gonna have a long a$$ chat!!
Old 06-10-16, 02:25 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

That's right, get it done lol. Looks like PDR SHOULD be able to pull that out. Then you'd have to repaint the area unless you're ok with a little touch up paint.
Old 06-10-16, 02:57 PM
dicer
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

That is why nowdays and since cars and repair is so expensive, it should be a federal law that parking spaces be wide enough that when a hummer is parked in one and its doors are wide open there is a foot on each side from the inside to the line.
Old 06-10-16, 02:57 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Wow, how can someone be so careless?
Old 06-10-16, 03:53 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
youd be surprised how many careless ppl are out there.....
Old 06-10-16, 04:30 PM
jjashaa
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
Originally Posted by NebulaGrey
youd be surprised how many careless ppl are out there.....
this is true..

also kids just because they're kids.
Old 06-10-16, 06:11 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
[URL=http://s1028.photobucket.com/user/ItzFilyO/media/Smilies/facepalm_zpsb1514004.gif.html]

Just saw this today. Can the PDR guys fix this? I do have a free PDR with my tire and wheel plus pack.

I feel like throwing a brick to whoever did this face.

Don't be so hard on yourself! Couple ways to fix. 1). Bodyshop repair paint, no blend needed approx $400 2). PDR then light buff/compound. Touch up
Old 06-10-16, 06:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I do have a free PDR from Lexus, it's part of my wheel and tire protection package. I'm going to take it to the dealer and see if they can fix it. I already buffed with but there is paint missing.

Anyway, turns out it's not my neighbor cause the paint don't match. They lucked out!!!

I think a rock hit it while I was driving on the I-10 freeway cause I heard a loud thump last time and the dent is round, usually door dings have a straight/sharp line in the middle of the dent.
Old 06-10-16, 09:28 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

That sucks man! To the poster above about parking spaces needing to be wider. I love my local Costcos parking spots. They are wide and you can easily open your doors and not hit the cars next to you.
Old 06-10-16, 09:57 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because of the location PDR will work. It won't take care of the missing paint. But in SOCAL we have bumerdocs and they are awesome when it comes to PDR and chips. Plus they have great prices too. I've have four bumpers done and dents done and they warranty the work for the life of the car. I've seen them take similar dents out of a car that went through a hail storm and the results were fantastic. My 2015 Fsport just got a ding on the door and I tried the Dent King and it took 90% out and bubmerdoc did the rest. Looks like new.
Old 06-11-16, 07:26 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by namzug
Because of the location PDR will work. It won't take care of the missing paint. But in SOCAL we have bumerdocs and they are awesome when it comes to PDR and chips. Plus they have great prices too. I've have four bumpers done and dents done and they warranty the work for the life of the car. I've seen them take similar dents out of a car that went through a hail storm and the results were fantastic. My 2015 Fsport just got a ding on the door and I tried the Dent King and it took 90% out and bubmerdoc did the rest. Looks like new.
So I took it in to the dealer today and my guy wasn't there so I was dealing with a new SA. Now this fool doesn't know anything about the repair package that I have and had the nerve to say because of the location of the dent it cannot be repaired. So I took a deep breath and try to remain calm and said don't tell me it can't be done and I left. I'll try again when my guy comes back next week, no point arguing with idiot.
Old 06-11-16, 09:02 PM
Dallasguy1
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
So I took it in to the dealer today and my guy wasn't there so I was dealing with a new SA. Now this fool doesn't know anything about the repair package that I have and had the nerve to say because of the location of the dent it cannot be repaired. So I took a deep breath and try to remain calm and said don't tell me it can't be done and I left. I'll try again when my guy comes back next week, no point arguing with idiot.
Whenever I run into an idiot I always talk to the Manager or Service director cause your are the one driving a 60k car and no point of leaving the place without getting the work done what you came for.

Quick Reply: This SUCKS!!!